The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Where have I berated anyone for not spending money? All am I pointing out is that there is still a hole (this is historic now for 15 years). The fans, including the FSS members, have spent this year on ST’s, merchendise, hospitality etc to which is great. But it will probably not be enough to fill the hole. The FSS is an avenue to fill that hole but for a variety of reasons, which I have pointed out, a good lump of the support has still not joined. If there is still a hole in the finance then what ideas can come from those not joining to help fill this? I think the average contribution is £13? If FSS had 2500 members (about 50% of the fanbase) contributing the average as it is now the hole would be filled. A big ask of course and probably unrealistic but that’s where we are as a club. 

When you say its unfair that some don't pay as much, or that they aren't stepping up I'd say that is berating people for not spending enough. So you're not just pointing out a hole that we all know about. You're blaming people for not doing enough financially about it. 

The rest of what you've said are good reasons why we should encourage more people to join. What you are doing is antagonising those who haven't or don't want to and its not going to help any of what you've just said. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

31 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

When you say its unfair that some don't pay as much, or that they aren't stepping up I'd say that is berating people for not spending enough. So you're not just pointing out a hole that we all know about. You're blaming people for not doing enough financially about it. 

The rest of what you've said are good reasons why we should encourage more people to join. What you are doing is antagonising those who haven't or don't want to and it’s not going to help any of what you've just said. 

I am sorry if facts antagonise you. I am still waiting for you and Pedro to give us ideas as to how this funding gap will be filled. All you have said is what fans are currently doing which leaves a funding gap and whinged at me pointing that out in other businesses customers who pay more get a better product. FFS those who buy a Prime seat at the ground pay more that the SS as the view is better. 

How would you encourage people to help with the funding gap? 

30 minutes ago, BPM said:

I am sorry if facts antagonise you. I am still waiting for you and Pedro to give us ideas as to how this funding gap will be filled. All you have said is what fans are currently doing which leaves a funding gap and whinged at me pointing that out in other businesses customers who pay more get a better product. FFS those who buy a Prime seat at the ground pay more that the SS as the view is better. 

How would you encourage people to help with the funding gap? 

Just because you call your opinion a fact does not make it so. You thinking people are not stepping up is not a fact and you feeling its unfair is not a fact. 

Personally I think FSS have done a great job in their growth and have already filled a massive part of that funding gap. I would absolutely trust them to continue on that growth trajectory as their communications have been great so far and have led to just under 900 fans joining with this growing almost every month from what I can see. I don't see why you seem to think that will halt or won't continue.  

What I think doesn't encourage people signing up is comments like yours. 

You keep bringing up that in other businesses you get more if you pay more. Clearly you're unhappy with what you're getting for your money with FSS otherwise I'm not sure what the purpose of even making the statement is. I'm happy to put my money in for the vote but if you're not maybe you should come up with some ideas rather than just complaining people aren't doing enough. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

After the nightmare that’s VAR, now it's Blue cards and sin bins.

f**k me the authorities know how to destroy our game……

Initial thought it would be good. 

i kick started brain and then thought, nope. Refs and var are under enough strain/abuse without adding another unknown ingredient to the game.

The card system ain't broken, don't break it

I see that Ayr United's redevelopment of their uncovered terracing is now taking shape and is due to be finished in time for the start of next season. Costs are quoted at £2 million which in this day and age doesn't sound too bad.  Do you think a similar solution of seats with terracing at the front would work at the Falkirk Stadium? 

Ayr.jpg

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Initial thought it would be good. 

i kick started brain and then thought, nope. Refs and var are under enough strain/abuse without adding another unknown ingredient to the game.

The card system ain't broken, don't break it

If you think VAR stops the game too much just imagine they will now be reviewing not just Red cards but Blue cards for lesser offences and much of the time there won’t be 22 players on the park. 
It’s becoming more like US football every year nowadays….

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I reckon Mikey Ruth will get himself a good move on the back of his form with us. He's quite possibly been our best player this season and is comfortably the best striker we've had since Calum Gallagher (although the competition for that isn't particularly strong).

He should've scored about 16 goals for us this season rather than eight mind you. But aside from that he's been superb this season.

You won't find any glowing reports on him here but I liked him. Was surprised he didn't get more of a chance at QOS but they did have Ruari Paton.

Decent at holding the ball up for his size, his goals for us always seemed to be screamers. 4 goals in 12 games, very similar to what Bobby Wales is doing at Alloa right now.

3 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Brian Kinnear.

Just signed with us, was he any good for you guys ?

When we signed him I remember seeing a Camelon Juniors fan commenting on the announcement saying he was the worst goalie he's ever seen.

Now he wasn't Leo Fasan but the fact he's gone without a club for this long probably tells you all you need to know. He palms everything.

40 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

I see that Ayr United's redevelopment of their uncovered terracing is now taking shape and is due to be finished in time for the start of next season. Costs are quoted at £2 million which in this day and age doesn't sound too bad.  Do you think a similar solution of seats with terracing at the front would work at the Falkirk Stadium? 

Ayr.jpg

I know it’s a long way of before the club is in a position to look at stuff like this but I’d love us to build a proper terracing rather than a seated stand to fill that space at some point, maybe the internal could have a row of windows to incorporate catering or hospitality lounges but don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t be the first to built a fit for the modern day but old school style terracing. As far as I’m aware the current premier league rules no longer forbid this. Presumably it would also be cheaper to construct than an actual run of the mill seated stand? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I know it’s a long way of before the club is in a position to look at stuff like this but I’d love us to build a proper terracing rather than a seated stand to fill that space at some point, maybe the internal could have a row of windows to incorporate catering or hospitality lounges but don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t be the first to built a fit for the modern day but old school style terracing. As far as I’m aware the current premier league rules no longer forbid this. Presumably it would also be cheaper to construct than an actual run of the mill seated stand? 

I think that's the route Ayr United are going down, the new stand will have 700 seats at the back but with terracing retained in front of the seating. Also hospitality boxes catering for 100 plus behind the new seats. 

There does seem to be a large number of folk out there who can afford FSS but just choose not to for some reason. It would be good to have a better understanding on why not to see if their concerns could perhaps be put to rest. The boy who contacted Falkirk daft a wee while back seemed to have an issue with the club running at a loss but didn't seem to realise that joining fss was one way of reducing the size of that loss. 

Blue cards why do we keep mucking about with a game that was pretty much perfect to start with. I've watched football for 45 years now and I can only remember one law changed that actually made a big improvement to the game and that was the pass back. Majority of others have made the game worse.  I mean sinbins bloody hell. Do we not have enough issues with injuries these days without players having to stop playing for ten mins and then come back on. If it's the keeper then I presume that would force you to make a sub as they can't be playing for ten mins with an outfield player in goals or that would make it a complete farce.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

There does seem to be a large number of folk out there who can afford FSS but just choose not to for some reason. It would be good to have a better understanding on why not to see if their concerns could perhaps be put to rest. The boy who contacted Falkirk daft a wee while back seemed to have an issue with the club running at a loss but didn't seem to realise that joining fss was one way of reducing the size of that loss. 

Blue cards why do we keep mucking about with a game that was pretty much perfect to start with. I've watched football for 45 years now and I can only remember one law changed that actually made a big improvement to the game and that was the pass back. Majority of others have made the game worse.  I mean sinbins bloody hell. Do we not have enough issues with injuries these days without players having to stop playing for ten mins and then come back on. If it's the keeper then I presume that would force you to make a sub as they can't be playing for ten mins with an outfield player in goals or that would make it a complete farce.

Players being allowed in their own box at goal kicks has been a game changer for silky soccer.

But the blue cards is a farce, imagine VAR in the mix too. Waiting 5 minutes to find out whether your players going off for a sinbin or not.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Players being allowed in their own box at goal kicks has been a game changer for silky soccer.

But the blue cards is a farce, imagine VAR in the mix too. Waiting 5 minutes to find out whether your players going off for a sinbin or not.

Do you think so? All it's done is create more feck ups as far as I can see us included unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You won't find any glowing reports on him here but I liked him. Was surprised he didn't get more of a chance at QOS but they did have Ruari Paton.

Decent at holding the ball up for his size, his goals for us always seemed to be screamers. 4 goals in 12 games, very similar to what Bobby Wales is doing at Alloa right now.

I think he was probably far too young to be a starting striker for a team with ambitions of winning League One at the time. It blows my mind he's only just 22 given he was playing against us what feels like an age ago.

His hold-up play and running of the channels are great. He's a superb athlete and just looks like a centre-forward. I don't think many players could get near his running stats for us either. An absolute grafter.

I reckon he'll move somewhere like Alloa in the summer and then (hopefully) get himself back full-time at 24/25 or so in a couple of years. Really nice kid too.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Are they not?

The point is people contribute to the club in different ways based on their preferences and ability to do so. It is not as simple as saying FSS members are “stepping up” more than non-FSS members.

A non-FSS member who is an ST holder, buys a programme/50-50 tickets, merchandise, drinks at the South Stand bar and hospitality once or twice a season could easily be putting more into the club than a lot of FSS members.

To me it is ludicrous to suggest they are stepping up less than someone giving a tenner a month to the FSS simply because they are doing so via different mechanisms. 

Edited by PedroMoutinho