The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, BPM said:

I saw this in the Herald. Are there detailed plans anywhere?  

I had a look on the planning portal the other day for it but couldnt see anything yet. Apparently the building will be positioned well clear of the area earmarked for the 4th stand 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Genuine question for those who may be in the know about these kind of things; what would the finances be behind opening up friendlies like tonight to the public?

I know it might not even be entertained because managers want want to try new things, tactics etc without the public eye/a crowd, so maybe a non-starter.

But put that to one side because talking about getting money into the club - say you only opened the main stand and charged 8-10 quid a head and got, say 800-1000 people showing up, would that even be financially worth it for the club or would it cost more to operate than the money brought in?

Slow weekend with no actual game I know, but I do wonder whether it’s even considered or it’s just always assumed these games will be behind closed doors. 

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I had a look on the planning portal the other day for it but couldnt see anything yet. Apparently the building will be positioned well clear of the area earmarked for the 4th stand 

If it is not on the portal does that mean they won’t have planning permission yet? 

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Genuine question for those who may be in the know about these kind of things; what would the finances be behind opening up friendlies like tonight to the public?

I know it might not even be entertained because managers want want to try new things, tactics etc without the public eye/a crowd, so maybe a non-starter.

But put that to one side because talking about getting money into the club - say you only opened the main stand and charged 8-10 quid a head and got, say 800-1000 people showing up, would that even be financially worth it for the club or would it cost more to operate than the money brought in?

Slow weekend with no actual game I know, but I do wonder whether it’s even considered or it’s just always assumed these games will be behind closed doors. 

Agreed, I guess if we make any money at all on pre season friendlies we would’ve made money tonight. Complete loose end and would’ve fancied going - apparently a few goals up too. 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Agreed, I guess if we make any money at all on pre season friendlies we would’ve made money tonight. Complete loose end and would’ve fancied going - apparently a few goals up too. 

What was the score?

6 hours ago, BPM said:

Hopefully the Foundation are nowhere near a 4th Stand. There is enough of that stadium owned elsewhere without another organisation getting involved 

So you want the fans to contribute by whatever means possible to the running of the club(even if we cannot afford it)  but won't accept help from the falkirk foundation....

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That is correct. The proposals will appear on there once the planning application is made. 

So how can you get funding when something is not even approved? 

5 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

So you want the fans to contribute by whatever means possible to the running of the club(even if we cannot afford it)  but won't accept help from the falkirk foundation....

All I said was the stadium is complicated enough without adding to that. It is pie in the sky stuff anyway and there are more priorities than another stand. You already have 4. 
NS - us

Main stadium - council and us

SS - SA and the bar some off shoot from the foundation 

9 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

The foundation already technically support the club being having a block hire on the main pitch. 

I don't have too many good things to say about the foundation but they do make some form of contributionnto the club.