The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I got a row off some auld wifie in the South Stand for laughing when Dave announced the Stirling/Sevco score.

There is a certain undercurrent in some fans I find deeply objectionable. 😒

Never tire of laughing at the arse cheeks. I'd have the Fifers winning every week if it meant the uglies were miserable 

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I got a row off some auld wifie in the South Stand for laughing when Dave announced the Stirling/Sevco score.

Speaking of Dave, does anyone know why he isn’t doing the tannoy announcements any more? I know he got suspended for calling them “the sevco franchise” (wrongly imo, the club should have stuck by him), but he was back for years after that but seems to have disappeared more recently. 

5 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Speaking of Dave, does anyone know why he isn’t doing the tannoy announcements any more? I know he got suspended for calling them “the sevco franchise” (wrongly imo, the club should have stuck by him), but he was back for years after that but seems to have disappeared more recently. 

He's with Queen's Park now - being paid as opposed to doing it for free I understand. I think he still does the odd game when it doesn't clash with a QP match.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

He's with Queen's Park now - being paid as opposed to doing it for free I understand. I think he still does the odd game when it doesn't clash with a QP match.

Yeah fair enough. Cant blame him for getting paid for doing it with QP if we weren’t paying him. The new guy at TFS is also pretty good so no complaints all round. 

12 hours ago, cbhaf said:

Old enough to remember that day at Clydebank (trying to convince my dad to run on the pitch at the end, being so excited about shaking Brian Rice's hand), and home vs Meadowbank as well (Stainrod up on a table). Some of my best memories as a wee boy - hope there are lots of kids get the same this season. 

I was the same, my first season of going every week and didn’t realise how special it was! Now 33 years later and my son is the same age and now absolutely hooked, it’s been brilliant to share the same emotions with him

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Has ever been thus. I had a season ticket in the old stand at Brockville and there was always a hearty cheer if the Currants were leading when the HT scores were announced (pre mobile phones and the internet!!)

We have a healthy number of Hs without Busfare in our support.

19 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I was the same, my first season of going every week and didn’t realise how special it was! Now 33 years later and my son is the same age and now absolutely hooked, it’s been brilliant to share the same emotions with him

My kids started coming along with me from about 2015. It's been a pretty steady spiral of horror and disappointment since then, so I just pray for their sake that we safely see out the next 11 games (or however many it takes).

TBF, they have been more positive than me through the last couple of years especially! - Real troopers @Langtoonlass 😍

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I mean this in the most respectable way possible. You should've punched her fucking lights out. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Never tire of laughing at the arse cheeks. I'd have the Fifers winning every week if it meant the uglies were miserable 

The missus family are full of really bitter Celtic fans who can't seem to understand that I take great pleasure in seeing them or their blue cousins get beat. 

'ye must like one or the other' 

16 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The missus family are full of really bitter Celtic fans who can't seem to understand that I take great pleasure in seeing them or their blue cousins get beat. 

'ye must like one or the other' 

"Who do you want to win when they play each other?"

When we first went down to L1 in 2019 I naively assumed we’d be straight back up (I maintain that we would have gone straight back up if not for the league being cut short and playoffs cancelled) and I always said to my mates that there should be no over the top celebrations because being in the championship is the absolute bare minimum standard for a club of our size and there should only be polite applause for achieving that.

Having said that, it’s been five years now and we’ve not had a proper pitch invasion for a really long time, so f**k it. 

It’s mad that only just over two weeks ago we were looking at the table and saw that Hamilton just needed to beat Annan at home to have a chance to come to TFS and win to only be 2 points behind.

February 2024 will be remembered as the month it was won for us. Not only have we picked up 9 precious points from our 3 fixtures but Hamilton also lost 3 straight. We have absolutely left them for dead in the 3rd quarter of the season.

Edited by JS_FFC

25 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I mean this in the most respectable way possible. You should've punched her fucking lights out. 

I remember when the choir at Brockville would sing the Sash and to my shame being English and not knowing joined in. At some point in the 80s we stopped and most of the bigotry was quickly closed down. I don’t think we have many left in our ranks. 

i also ran on the pitch at Clydebank despite being an adult. I remember how anxious that whole match was - when they scored it really was brown pants time. 

10 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

"Who do you want to win when they play each other?"

I hope that one side is hammered and then enjoy their misery. Last week listening to bitter upset Celtic fans was fantastic. When the blue bigots lose I’m delighted too. If they both disappeared suddenly  I would return to church as a believer I hate them both so much 

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I really hope that we are able to go through the entire league campaign undefeated. We could come up with our own version of this:

ThThe Invincibles Arsenal 2004 Team - Arsenal Retro" Art Board Print for Sale  by TRUE-FANS | Redbubble

YEATS

HOGARTH

SPENCER

JOHN MCGLYNN

MILLER

LANG

MCIVER

MORRISON

HENDERSON

McCANN

OLIVER

NESBITT

DONALDSON

AGYEMAN

ROSS

The merchandise would be endless: strips, mugs, posters, t shirts, prints, key fobs, coasters etc.

INVINCIBLES.docx 13.09 kB · 6 downloads

It’s great but Long deserves to be in there as does others who played but parts. 

if you want copyright on it you already do have it but put a copy in a sealed envelope  and post to yourself with a date mark. Don’t open it when it arrives. 

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Aye he's gone from announcing the teams to the fans with us to announcing the fans to the teams at queen's park.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Has ever been thus. I had a season ticket in the old stand at Brockville and there was always a hearty cheer if the Currants were leading when the HT scores were announced (pre mobile phones and the internet!!)

We have a healthy number of Hs without Busfare in our support.

Remember that lot - were not liked in particular when they started the sectarian nonsense and got well telt for it. Used to hang about the Big Bar in Bainsford.