The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn to Believe said:

Heard the same about the kids football side of things. 

To paint a picture, the team I'm involved with within the foundation turn up on a Sunday and are forced to change and prepare for a game wmeither in the warm up room or in one of the "classrooms" in the main stand. This is because we are left in a position were the foundation can't provide us with more than 1 changing room and set of showers. Naturally, we give that to the away team and we are often left without shower facilities or proper changing facilities. 

On occasion we have even got changed within the KM Stand concourse. With no secure place to leave belongings.

To make matters worse, the only contact we seem to have on a Sunday is one of young guys (a regular fan on Saturday) who is merely there to open up and lock up. The ones making these decisions are only every contactable viaessages on WhatsApp.

I could go on and on but don't want it to become slanderous. I can certainly see why some teams lose interest and want nothing to do with the foundation.

8 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Why are the foundation even involved with the south stand bar in the first place?!

I might be wrong on this, but there's something in the back of my mind about the Foundation largely funding the development of the South stand interior. Because as a charitable organisation they were able to get external funding for the benefit of the wider community which wouldn't have been available to a professional football club. And build a meeting space to help train unemployed youths to find a job, or a blether with lonely older people,  or help folk with their mental health. All are laudable initiatives. I think that's what it's used for most of the week and then every second Saturday it gets turned into a bar run by FFC volunteers to benefit the club and our supporters. 

I think the same charity funding route applies to the construction of the community pitch at the back of the stadium & Woodlands. And presumably this new project that they trumpeted about a few weeks ago. 

9 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

their CEO has openly said football is secondary to the charity work

Unfortunately I've heard a similar story, though as I haven't heard it first hand I can't be certain it's true. 

Hopefully our board are aware and will be asking some questions. 

30 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

To paint a picture, the team I'm involved with within the foundation turn up on a Sunday and are forced to change and prepare for a game wmeither in the warm up room or in one of the "classrooms" in the main stand. This is because we are left in a position were the foundation can't provide us with more than 1 changing room and set of showers. Naturally, we give that to the away team and we are often left without shower facilities or proper changing facilities. 

On occasion we have even got changed within the KM Stand concourse. With no secure place to leave belongings.

To make matters worse, the only contact we seem to have on a Sunday is one of young guys (a regular fan on Saturday) who is merely there to open up and lock up. The ones making these decisions are only every contactable viaessages on WhatsApp.

I could go on and on but don't want it to become slanderous. I can certainly see why some teams lose interest and want nothing to do with the foundation.

aye, raking the cash in by adding team after team and don't provide any support or infrastructure. all using the club's logo and good will. then declare that football is secondary and charity work is a priority, as well as the staff and trustees slapping themselves on the back telling everybody how good they are. it's a fucking disgrace. i've kept quiet for what seems like forever but shutting down the dev team and withdrawing from the east league is the final straw for me, these people are charlatans. 

48 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Individuals involved with the foundation in the past were alot more credible than some who work within the foundation now.

i admire your restraint i've accepted the shambles it is for too long but starting a season and not being able to fulfil it is an embarrassment and says everything about the crass indifference to people and their and the clubs reputation. absolutely pathetic

1 minute ago, AJ1981 said:

i admire your restraint i've accepted the shambles it is for too long but starting a season and not being able to fulfil it is an embarrassment and says everything about the crass indifference to people and their and the clubs reputation. absolutely pathetic

Glad that more people notice it. 

12 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

aye, raking the cash in by adding team after team and don't provide any support or infrastructure. all using the club's logo and good will. then declare that football is secondary and charity work is a priority, as well as the staff and trustees slapping themselves on the back telling everybody how good they are. it's a fucking disgrace. i've kept quiet for what seems like forever but shutting down the dev team and withdrawing from the east league is the final straw for me, these people are charlatans. 

Spoke to a parent today , his son has not long left Bo’Ness to play for a foundation ran team and he’s anything but impressed. One coach to 20 boys most of the time, £40 a month and apparently outwith the coaching all the kids get is a strip. The Bo’ness team periodically took the kids away day trips to various places, they got home and away kits along with branded tracksuits, ruck sacks and water bottles ect with lower monthly fees.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

38 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I can certainly see why some teams lose interest and want nothing to do with the foundation.

That has already happened. A number of years back, I took a picture of a young girl, maybe 3 or 4 years old, sitting behind the wheel of a lorry when MAN trucks were a sponsor. I know her father and he and the player are diehard Bairns. I always hoped that one day I would photograph her as an adult in the senior womens team because it would kind of complete a cycle for me. 

Three months ago, following a conversation with one of their coaches who's a friend of mine, I covered their awards night. Under 13 girls. For probably the last time. 

That whole team now play in the strips of Bo'ness United. 😔

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

That has already happened. A number of years back, I took a picture of a young girl, maybe 3 or 4 years old, sitting behind the wheel of a lorry when MAN trucks were a sponsor. I know her father and he and the player are diehard Bairns. I always hoped that one day I would photograph her as an adult in the senior womens team because it would kind of complete a cycle for me. 

Three months ago, following a conversation with one of their coaches who's a friend of mine, I covered their awards night. Under 13 girls. For probably the last time. 

That whole team now play in the strips of Bo'ness United. 😔

the football is a cash cow for one glorified backslapping ego trip, the club are scrapping pennies together to get out of the league and the foundation are leaving fans short changed while sending people to Greece for a fucking conference its a disgrace.

The club need to have a serious conversation with the foundation, if the football side of things is no longer a priority for them and the club have no meaningful control or input to change that then we really can’t afford to be associated/affiliated with the organisation anymore in a footballing sense (particularly when it appears the football side of things and association with the club is now only being used as a cash cow) and should perhaps look to stop the foundation marketing to these kids as being part of the football club. It’s the clubs brand and reputation at the end of the day and if could be brought back in house somehow as it was previously then that may need to be looked at. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

the football is a cash cow for one glorified backslapping ego trip, the club are scrapping pennies together to get out of the league and the foundation are leaving fans short changed while sending people to Greece for a fucking conference its a disgrace.

Unless there is some dialogue and meaningful change the club should seriously consider bringing the football back in house and stop the foundation using the clubs name, the clubs brand, the clubs strips ect. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The club need to have a serious conversation with the foundation, if the football side of things is no longer a priority for them and the club have no meaningful control or input into what happens then they really can’t afford to be associated/affiliated with the organisation anymore and should perhaps look to stop the foundation marketing to these kids as being part of the football club. It’s the clubs brand and reputation at the end of the day and if could be brought back in house somehow as it was previously then that may need to be looked at. 

Charity work ,work with unemployed and mental health are all admirable things to spend money on but to claim the funding as being part of our club and starving the football side of their remit is fraud and i am sure the charity commission would feel the same.

I think it’s important that there is a public debate about the Foundation, and it function as part of the club. FSS should prioritise this.

in other News Hamilton are struggling to win at Stirling, there will be blood on the pitch if they don’t win. Surely Rankin must be gone soon.

2 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I think it’s important that there is a public debate about the Foundation, and it function as part of the club. FSS should prioritise this.

100% agree dude, sunlight is the best disinfectant. They present themselves as one thing but in reality they are something much different, the people in charge are only interested in smug self promotion and presenting a false face to the public.