The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Having looked through the pics, I'm beginning to wonder if Long should have had a foul. Looks like the boy jumped into him, and from the angle he was at the ref wouldn't have had a clear view. Possibly number 17 and definitely Finn Yeats would have been blocking his line of sight. 

The fact that Long was knocked over while the forward stayed on his feet after the punch suggests to me there was contact. 

Shouldn't make any difference in the long term but maybe someone needs to make the case for Longs defence. 

Sam Long (3) .jpg

22.jpg

It suggests to me that long wasn’t strong enough in his efforts to get to the ball.

10 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

No stream tomorrow night? 

I believe there is a stream. You need to buy a months subscription to FTV (which is what Ive done) and use a VPN to be overseas. I think we wanted to do PPV option for this match alone but that's not happening. 

Edited by Ross-B

The reaction from the players tells you everything you need to know. Not one of them including Long himself claims for a foul and keepers will claim for anything they think they can get.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Having looked through the pics, I'm beginning to wonder if Long should have had a foul. Looks like the boy jumped into him, and from the angle he was at the ref wouldn't have had a clear view. Possibly number 17 and definitely Finn Yeats would have been blocking his line of sight. 

The fact that Long was knocked over while the forward stayed on his feet after the punch suggests to me there was contact. 

Shouldn't make any difference in the long term but maybe someone needs to make the case for Longs defence. 

Sam Long (3) .jpg

22.jpg

I'd have more sympathy if he tried to come claim it and was then clattered but the fact he's went to club it makes him fair game in my opinion, just like any other 50/50 on the park.

Would take a draw tonight, can't see it being as easy as the last game, but if we are at it and take our chances we beat anyone in the league comfortably. 

Hendo for McGinn will prob be the only change. The other change would obviously be the keeper, but that nonsense has been well covered.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It suggests to me that long wasn’t strong enough in his efforts to get to the ball.

Long doesn't have any presence in the box.  The Annan goalkeeper on saturday had a fair number of instances where he bossed the box, Long just doesn't have that.

33 minutes ago, Albert Beale said:

Would take a draw tonight, can't see it being as easy as the last game, but if we are at it and take our chances we beat anyone in the league comfortably. 

Hendo for McGinn will prob be the only change. The other change would obviously be the keeper, but that nonsense has been well covered.

Nah, we need to go for the win. Every time that we drop points gives Hamilton hope and they might build up a head of steam and then who knows?

Anyone else a bit worried about tonight?  I thought we were like a tiger with no teeth on Saturday.  If we play the same tonight I can see it going sideways.  I really hope McGlynn has had the players practicing how to header the ball downwards.  Maybe have Hendo push forward more often, he knows how to head a ball.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

22 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Anyone else a bit worried about tonight?  I thought we were like a tiger with no teeth on Saturday.  If we play the same tonight I can see it going sideways.  I really hope McGlynn has had the players practicing how to header the ball downwards.  Maybe have Hendo push forward more often, he knows how to head a ball.

Them having Megginson and Fyvie back is a worry but we should have enough to beat them. Better have Hendo back into the middle of the park and hopefully Morrison's fit, if not get Ross in for him on the right.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Them having Megginson and Fyvie back is a worry but we should have enough to beat them. Better have Hendo back into the middle of the park and hopefully Morrison's fit, if not get Ross in for him on the right.

Last season I’d be worried about megginson, fyvie, Burrell but this season they shouldn’t be a problem at all. Hendo needs to start McGinn isn’t good enough anymore (probably last game for the club) could see tait starting as well if hendo isn’t fully fit somehow, Ross or Alfie starting instead of Morrison as well if he isn’t fit which isn’t likely as he looked like he was limping coming off the pitch on Saturday, 3 changes maximum, 1 change minimum for tonight

6 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Last season I’d be worried about megginson, fyvie, Burrell but this season they shouldn’t be a problem at all. Hendo needs to start McGinn isn’t good enough anymore (probably last game for the club) could see tait starting as well if hendo isn’t fully fit somehow, Ross or Alfie starting instead of Morrison as well if he isn’t fit which isn’t likely as he looked like he was limping coming off the pitch on Saturday, 3 changes maximum, 1 change minimum for tonight

In the 10 league games Fyvie has started this season they've won 7 and drew 3. 

They've only won 11 league games in total this season so it's fair to say he's pivotal to how they play.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

They've only won 11 league games in total this season so it's fair to say he's pivotal to how they play.

We won’t need to worry about him as our defence is good enough to deal with him

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

His linkup with Megginson and  Burrell is excellent and if you close that down you very likely stop our threat. Think Burrell might be out for tonight or at least not 100% so should be easier for your defence. Stop fyvie and you win the game.

I'm not that worried about tonight tbh. We're bound to lose at some point this season, if that is this evening then so be it.

We'll still be 14 points clear with only 27 to play for. I'd have no doubts that we can get enough points in the remaining fixtures to see us comfortably over the line.

I reckon even with Fyvie back for Cove we'll have enough to get at least a point

As disappointing as Saturday was we've still managed 12 wins and 2 draws in 14 home matches which is an excellent return and a big part of why we are so far ahead of Hamilton