The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

He absolutely must be offered a new contract. He even said in an interview not too long ago that he's happy with his current role and loves being part of this squad. We'd be daft to let him go.

I agree that he's making it hard for McGlynn not to offer him a deal but for me given he's not good enough to start games I wouldn't be signing him and McGlynn's experienced enough to make those difficult decisions. 

Nesbitt does my tits in(why did he try pass to Miller in the second half instead of tucking it away?)but he's better than Gary Oliver and given he's already signed up for next season we need to aim for a number 10 who's better than Nesbitt to continue on the upwards trajectory.

I'm in the same boat with Shanley, I thought he was brilliant today and I've been impressed with other appearances he's made but like MacIver he doesn't seem like he's going to be a goalscorer. He'll get his extra year but we'll need to be aiming to sign a new striker in the summer as a starter.

Edited by FFC 1876

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I agree that he's making it hard for McGlynn not to offer him a deal but for me given he's not good enough to start games I wouldn't be signing him and McGlynn's experienced enough to make those difficult decisions. 

Nesbitt does my tits in(why did he try pass to Miller in the second half instead of tucking it away?)but he's better than Gary Oliver and given he's already signed up for next season we need to aim for a number 10 who's better than Nesbitt to continue on the upwards trajectory.

I'm in the same boat with Shanley, I thought he was brilliant today and I've been impressed with other appearances he's made but like MacIver he doesn't seem like he's going to be a goalscorer. He'll get his extra year but we'll need to be aiming to sign a new striker in the summer as a starter.

Och I get what you're saying mate and I suppose it's the old adage of "there's no room for sentiment in football" but I really like Gary and I think it would be a mistake to let him go. He can slot into midfield, number 10 or up top. These versatile players are so important to a squad. 

I do agree that Nesbitt is really frustrating at times, but no denying his work rate. I'm still holding out hope for Scott Arfield pulling on the navy blue once more. He could be the number 10 we're missing.

Edited by Raybowski89

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Anybody know what happened to Kris who created the forum 

Hi HSW, thanks for asking about Kris. I'm his dad and he's alive and kicking.  COYB 

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

The one place we need to strengthen has to be is a experienced goalkeeper,Hogarth is fine for back up but we need an old head.

On that note, Long was absolutely tremendous today. One great punch which he got a super reception for, and one excellent save in among good all round handling and distribution. Well done young man.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

On that note, Long was absolutely tremendous today. One great punch which he got a super reception for, and one excellent save in among good all round handling and distribution. Well done young man.

I think if Long hadn’t got injured early doors he would have remained our No.1 and done a good job. After a shaky start he was just beginning to look really decent when he got injured.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

13 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The one place we need to strengthen has to be is a experienced goalkeeper,Hogarth is fine for back up but we need an old head.

Bring him home.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bring him home.

Probably the last good keeper we’ve had in fairness, all the others since we’ve been in this division have been awful or at best ok. The second half of that relegation season Burgoyne had some brilliant games. 

8 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Anybody know what happened to Kris who created the forum 

I support the Fifers, now. All of them. 

5 hours ago, StuartA said:

We have about 12 players signed for next season. The most obvious one we want to re-sign is Yeats, but I guess he has offers and there’s negotiations. We won with Cal though.  So yeah it’s about 8 more. 

Yes, but that 8 could very quickly be eaten up by the current squad if we’re not careful.

If we offer contracts to Hogarth, Mackie, Yeats, Tait, Ross, Oliver and Shanley, you are down to 1 new addition to what’s currently in the building. We will need more than that to challenge at the top end imo.

Some good chances today and a good few saves from their keeper. Long seemed to do well from those highlights making a few decent saves as well.

Not sure what Tait is thinking before the first goal, dropping deep and playing about 3 guys onside for no reason but a great result in the end.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

Some good chances today and a good few saves from their keeper. Long seemed to do well from those highlights making a few decent saves as well.

Not sure what Tait is thinking before the first goal, dropping deep and playing about 3 guys onside for no reason but a great result in the end.

I remember thinking at the time that surely the guy is a mile offside before I saw the replay that showed Tait in no mans land.

Had he been down injured or something as it was really fucking weird? 🤣

1 minute ago, KiwiDB said:

I remember thinking at the time that surely the guy is a mile offside before I saw the replay that showed Tait in no mans land.

Had he been down injured or something as it was really fucking weird? 🤣

Scrap that, just watched the highlights again, he wanders across the box after tracking the runner and doesn’t get out.

Hard working three points and SA a very decent outfit. Thought we were slightly off today, and Yeats surprisingly turned inside out on a few occasions. Missing Hendos physical presence in midfield. Long done really well today, and looked far more confident. As McGlynn has pointed out no easy games in the last quarter .

Special thanks to SA hospitality, very attentive, friendly and couldn’t do enough for the table.