The Falkirk FC Thread

A wee but off-topic here but thought this would be a worthwhile discussion, so thought I'd share with those of you who are not on Facebook.

Seen a lot of talk recently about the possibility of Grangemouth train station re-opening, and it got me thinking. Were this to happen, there should also be serious consideration for opening a station outside the stadium. The Grangemouth line literally passes right by the stadium on the way to Grahamston, but it wouldn't make much sense for folk travelling from Grangemouth to use the train on matchdays, as it means going to Grahamston. Would also cut out a near 30 mins walk after matches for anyone heading into town, and folk would be more likely to hang around the Brockville Bar whilst waiting on their train, meaning more revenue for the club. Seems a no-brainer to me?

6 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

A wee but off-topic here but thought this would be a worthwhile discussion, so thought I'd share with those of you who are not on Facebook.

Seen a lot of talk recently about the possibility of Grangemouth train station re-opening, and it got me thinking. Were this to happen, there should also be serious consideration for opening a station outside the stadium. The Grangemouth line literally passes right by the stadium on the way to Grahamston, but it wouldn't make much sense for folk travelling from Grangemouth to use the train on matchdays, as it means going to Grahamston. Would also cut out a near 30 mins walk after matches for anyone heading into town, and folk would be more likely to hang around the Brockville Bar whilst waiting on their train, meaning more revenue for the club. Seems a no-brainer to me?

Aye we should go for it. Probably only cost a few million?

I know it’s not much of an issue but I’m bored at work. If it’s 20 or so medals, it shouldn’t be an issue. Can identity 22 who can probably feel they have contributed enough to warrant one.

Hogarth, Long

Yeats, Donaldson, Lang, McCann, Mackie, Bisland

Tait, McGinn, Nesbitt, Agyeman, Spencer, Henderson, Ross, Morrison, Miller, Lawal

MacIver, Allan, Shanley, Oliver

Hangers on like McKay who only came off the bench twice might get one too as well as the young boys who made one or two sub appreances too. But shouldn’t be tricky.

35 minutes ago, AGPar said:

He's not allowed. His registration was temporarily transferred to Cove at the close of the January transfer window so he cannot play for us between now and the end of the season. The two clubs stuff being mentioned does not come into it. 

Players get recalled from loans out with transfer windows quite often and go on to play do they not?

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No. Whether he's played or not is irrelevant. Cancellation after 1st February without having played at all he still wouldn't be eligible.

Nope

Only if they recall them when the window is open.

Nope.

No of appearances is not directly relevant to whether he gets a medal. You'll get a set amount of medals (used to be 20 not sure if it still is) and can distribute how you wish (or buy more if you think more players deserve it as long as it's only to people who actually played).

No, he can't play for you (well not at first team competitive level - he can play for your reserves but then he could do that while he was on loan also). Nor can he go anywhere else at SPFL level.

He could potentially go out on loan to a level that doesn't use windows and doesn't enforce the two clubs in one season rule either (Lowland League or below). Otherwise it's Reserve matches or a seat in the stand for the rest of the season.

Nevermind, apologies Skyline drifter has spoken

3 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

So what’s the general opinion?  Will we do it this weekend, or against Montrose?  Or later?

I think most are hoping it's done this weekend, Accies are in a good vein of form at the moment, Rose seems to have made a difference up front, hopefully Cove take something from them but I wouldn't be surprised if Accies turn them over and it goes to next week. 

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

A good reminder of why I don't have Facebook.

42 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

A plain-line ballasted track is about £1,000 per metre installed. so how far is the nearest track? 

Bear in mind that the track towards Grangemouth is fully functioning already. Would literally need a platform, signalling etc and that's it.

2 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

You're a right miserable sod aren't you?

That's not very nice!

I'm not one for putting my life on Facebook, it feels a bit attention seeking to me.

Anyway, keep us up to date on how you get on with your railway station, good luck with your plans.

5 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Bear in mind that the track towards Grangemouth is fully functioning already. Would literally need a platform, signalling etc and that's it.

Two platforms, bridge, waiting room, shelter, car park, road, paths, toilets, ticket machine...

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Two platforms, bridge, waiting room, shelter, car park, road, paths, toilets, ticket machine...

Most recent station to open in Scotland was £15m. Like the dead budgie…not going cheap. 

https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/transport-minister-opens-new-15m-railway-station-for-east-linton/#:~:text=Transport Minister Fiona Hyslop has,time in almost six decades.

11 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Thanks for sharing. Crazy how expensive these developments are. Highly unlikely that Network Rail would fund Grangemouth and then another station 2 miles down the road when, as others have pointed out, Grahamston isn't THAT far away.