The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Taking 5 years to win that gubbins league with the budget you have should not merit a pitch invasion.

Being so disgusting for 3 years in this wasteland is exactly why it will merit a pitch invasion, come the time.

1 hour ago, alonso said:

Yip that's the link I was going to use, don't understand how anybody has paid £5 for an under 12, not complaining if I get the wee man in for free but is there another section that's maybe sold out or is it open terrace all round?

If its me you're on about mentioning I paid for U12, I have checked backed and confirmed that I have made a c**t of it and bought an adult and a concession (10er). 

Still can't make it tho, so the 2 are still going for 20 quid if anyone needs. 

Callumn Morrison is the first player in a LONG time we've had who could potentially reach legend status btw. He's not there yet, but he's already been here for a long time, particularly by modern day football standards. He's been our best player through exceptionally bad times and now good ones. He's scored some absolute pearlers and constantly changes games out of nowhere. The club stuck by him through injuries and now he's sticking by the club, committing for two more years, when he could probably easily have gone elsewhere.. Plus, unless I'm mistaken, he's already in the top 10 list of the clubs all time scorers. Fucking love him.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

22 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Callumn Morrison is the first player in a LONG time we've had who could potentially reach legend status btw. He's not there yet, but he's already been here for a long time, particularly by modern day football standards. He's been our best player through exceptionally bad times and now good ones. He's scored some absolute pearlers and constantly changes games out of nowhere. The club stuck by him through injuries and now he's sticking by the club, committing for two more years, when he could probably easily have gone elsewhere.. Plus, unless I'm mistaken, he's already in the top 10 list of the clubs all time scorers. Fucking love him.

Aye, would somewhat agree with this. Is this his 5th season? He's been unreal, and I have criticised him to an extent last season and this, but his goal return has been brilliant. Big games too he has shown up time and time again. To stay with us through the clubs worst period and consistently be our best player is some going. 

He is a player that can do f**k all then pop up with two goals. Worth his weight in gold, to sign him on a two year deal in Scotland is pretty impressive from all involved at the club. I can see him having a very good season again next season.

1 hour ago, alonso said:

Yip that's the link I was going to use, don't understand how anybody has paid £5 for an under 12, not complaining if I get the wee man in for free but is there another section that's maybe sold out or is it open terrace all round?

We have 2 sections of the stand plus behind the away goal & then all the way down the other side of the pitch (standing)

9 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Also, to echo others and I've said for a while, get Tait signed up ASAP. 

Can see why Hibs signed him. Incredible technical player, wonder why it didn't work with the Accies. Superb player.

Tait is contracted to Hibs to end of the 2024-25 season.

But what would it take to prise him away from that club?

An old fashioned transfer fee? No idea how much (50k? 100k?). Don’t think we’d fork out anything like that.

A 2024-25 season long loan? Probably more likely but there will surely be other suitors from the Scottish Championship.

A tricky one as Tait is responding well (again) to the management team of John & Smudger.

40 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Here is the top 50 of FFC goalscorers since WWII. This season is not included yet.

image.png.dce8b0e7ee074b9baa9da47bf57025bd.png

Callumn has 22 goals in all comps this year (20L* + 2CC) far a total of 58. So even if he does not score in the remaining 6 games, he will have moved up to 6th place. 3 more goals will see him top Crunchie and go 4th.

*the disputed goal at Kelty was definitely an OG, as confirmed by him celebrating 50 v Hamilton when otherwise it would have been 51.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

If falkirk win the league next weekend then I hope every single one of their fans runs on the pitch. 

That's the plan! 

Aside from me, I'll be hobbling.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Here is the top 50 of FFC goalscorers since WWII. This season is not included yet.

image.png.dce8b0e7ee074b9baa9da47bf57025bd.png

Callumn has 22 goals in all comps this year (20L* + 2CC) far a total of 58. So even if he does not score in the remaining 6 games, he will have moved up to 6th place. 3 more goals will see him top Crunchie and go 4th.

*the disputed goal at Kelty was definitely an OG, as confirmed by him celebrating 50 v Hamilton when otherwise it would have been 51.

Probably top spot isn't there, but there's a very real chance he hits number 2 on the list before he departs. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Probably top spot isn't there, but there's a very real chance he hits number 2 on the list before he departs. 

Yeah. Let's say he finishes on 60 this year. Two seasons of 13 each puts him second. Very do-able.

Anyone thinking he isn’t legend status is deluded.

playing on the wing and still netting the goals he has though our turgid years and then this season being instrumental in our best season since the Houston years.

hats off to Cal 

Listened to Sportsound on the way back up the road, and wanted to tip the hat to Falkirk fan Craig Cruickshanks who was on the phone-in, and spoke extremely well about John McGlynn and the club's progress over the last 2 years.

Was speaking to my Hibs supporting friend tonight and he thinks they would be easy to deal with for Tait. He doesn’t see him getting game time there and doesn’t think any fee would be required to get him, fingers crossed we can do something, thought he was excellent today.

Edited by Harry Kinnear