The Falkirk FC Thread

Was ok with seeing Mackie go, but would absolutely offer him another year. If we can find a way to get Ross in permanently I’ll be happy. Do our best to convince Yeats to sign another deal.

But Tait is an absolute must… he was unbelievable today. 👏 

9 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Hendo getting fit. Where do we play him? What a great problem to have.

On the bench. No way do Mackie or Tait deserve to be dropped after the last 3 or 4 games.

1 hour ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Hibs must have some really decent midfielders if Dylan Tait  cannot get in to their 1st team squad.  Hopefully  we are in discussions  with them already about signing him permanently.  Unbelievable  player

He was superb today, that first pass to Ageyman was sensation. The second one for the goal wasn’t too bad either! I also think a lot of his performance have got to do with Mcglynn, he even said that in his interview on Alba.

Just a pity the league champions winners medals weren’t dished out before next Saturday. Would have been a nice touch for Dylan to pop into the home dressing room pre match to let John Rankin and the lads have a look at one.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

On the bench. No way do Mackie or Tait deserve to be dropped after the last 3 or 4 games.

100% they’ve earned their shirts.

So Morrison is the top scorer in the country, Miller has more assists than anyone else in the whole country and on current league form, 100 goals is a distinct possibility.

This team is amazing.

Edited by Baggio

Another brilliant performance. 

Other teams seem to fear us now before a ball is kicked which is playing right into our hands. The way Cove set up last night showed they weren't thinking about winning simply damage limitation after seeing what happened to Montrose who were far too open.

Really excited to see how McGlynn improves this side and who he brings in close season, for once we are in a great position with the players good enough and already signed up. 

Really want to see Finn sign up, I think he will go far in the game and would love at least another season from him.

Tait is another absolute definite if we can get him from Hibs, just wondering if his form with us will make Hibs either keep and play him, or play hard ball with us if they know we are keen to get him, given he has a year left on his contract.

I’m repeating the view of several others here, but couldn’t let the moment pass.
An outstanding team performance with huge credit to ”John & Paul”. I want to mention a couple (only a couple?) of individuals.

Finn Yeats has developed into a superb player. The hard work he has put into his own progress at what was initially a position (right back) where he lacked experience & knowledge has been astounding. A real pleasure to watch and although a RB from Cumbernauld Colts has already been signed up, I think Finn would be a vital signing for our Championship campaign. 
I don’t know what it would take (salary wise, I mean) to persuade the young lad to agree a deal, but from a personal development viewpoint, he shouldn’t underestimate the value of the current environment at TFS in terms of realising his own potential as a football player. 

Finn Yeats would be good for Falkirk but Falkirk has and will continue to be good for Finn.

Much in the same vein lies Dylan Tait. On a downward spiral at the turn of the year - unwanted in the Hibs first team, and a season long loan at Hamilton terminated - he was given a lifeline by John & Paul at Falkirk. He has steadily improved his fitness and repaid Falkirk in the last couple of months when injuries threatened to impact our side. 
Saturday’s performance was nothing short of sensational - ball control, vision, crisp accurate passing, awesome strike for his goal - but at 22 yrs, he was directing play in every area of the park. 

Again, much like Finn, I hope he is aware just how much Falkirk have been in - and it’s no exaggeration - saving his career. As long as Hibs are not being silly, I hope a fee can be agreed for Dylan to join Falkirk in the Summer. 

A lot of words (sorry) but this is what euphoria can do.

Regarding Tait, Hibs defeat yesterday may work in our favour, looks increasingly like they may miss out on the top section split. If so high chance that their  squad will be emptied as carrying a pretty large numbers.

With regards to the Alfie and Ethan debate, I don’t see the issue here. I’m a greedy b@stard, I want to keep both. As was seen yesterday they can both come off the bench on either flank and offer something. That must be a nightmare for defenders, Callumn and Calvin run you ragged, then Alfie and Ethan come on and have the capacity to do the same.

2 hours ago, HonestAl said:

I’m repeating the view of several others here, but couldn’t let the moment pass.
An outstanding team performance with huge credit to ”John & Paul”. I want to mention a couple (only a couple?) of individuals.

Finn Yeats has developed into a superb player. The hard work he has put into his own progress at what was initially a position (right back) where he lacked experience & knowledge has been astounding. A real pleasure to watch and although a RB from Cumbernauld Colts has already been signed up, I think Finn would be a vital signing for our Championship campaign. 
I don’t know what it would take (salary wise, I mean) to persuade the young lad to agree a deal, but from a personal development viewpoint, he shouldn’t underestimate the value of the current environment at TFS in terms of realising his own potential as a football player. 

Finn Yeats would be good for Falkirk but Falkirk has and will continue to be good for Finn.

Much in the same vein lies Dylan Tait. On a downward spiral at the turn of the year - unwanted in the Hibs first team, and a season long loan at Hamilton terminated - he was given a lifeline by John & Paul at Falkirk. He has steadily improved his fitness and repaid Falkirk in the last couple of months when injuries threatened to impact our side. 
Saturday’s performance was nothing short of sensational - ball control, vision, crisp accurate passing, awesome strike for his goal - but at 22 yrs, he was directing play in every area of the park. 

Again, much like Finn, I hope he is aware just how much Falkirk have been in - and it’s no exaggeration - saving his career. As long as Hibs are not being silly, I hope a fee can be agreed for Dylan to join Falkirk in the Summer. 

A lot of words (sorry) but this is what euphoria can do.

The point you make about Yeats and Tait having their football careers turned round at Falkirk will not have gone unnoticed by other young players who find themselves in a similar position at the end of the season.

It was that reputation that motivated Will Vaulks so you never know what gem may come our way in the next couple of months.

As for Yeats and Tait's future the club can only make the best offer they can and highlight the stability the club can give them to enhance their reputations and therefore play at a higher level in the future.

Congratulations guys. I’m looking forward to our teams doing battle on the park next season……….if we don’t blow it and go down that is. 

Morrison for POTY is like Messi getting the balloon door, an obvious choice on his goals scored plus assists. I still think Hendo in midfield has been the difference though.

41 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Congratulations guys. I’m looking forward to our teams doing battle on the park next season……….if we don’t blow it and go down that is. 

Think you should be fine. Your injuries have settled down so I'd expect you to pick up more points between now and may. Ict , Ayr, queens park and perhaps Morton have more to worry about.

44 minutes ago, Wacky said:

did yir maw type this for you? 🤣🤣🤣couldn't resist.