The Falkirk FC Thread

You could see with a few of the older youngsters yesterday that they were ultras in the making.  The future of our club really is bright at the moment on and off the park. There was a photo taken with the junior bairns 300th member(a proud grandpa steel in attendance) which is a fantastic number.  There was a draw to pic the youngsters that will be going out on the park with the players on trophy presentation day .  Players were brilliant with the kids but I bet they are glad it wasn't last Monday.🤣

35 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You could see with a few of the older youngsters yesterday that they were ultras in the making.  The future of our club really is bright at the moment on and off the park. There was a photo taken with the junior bairns 300th member(a proud grandpa steel in attendance) which is a fantastic number.  There was a draw to pic the youngsters that will be going out on the park with the players on trophy presentation day .  Players were brilliant with the kids but I bet they are glad it wasn't last Monday.🤣

And if you look at videos from railway stations over the past few week, you’ll see younger oldsters getting involved! Truly cradle to the grave. 

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

And if you look at videos from railway stations over the past few week, you’ll see younger oldsters getting involved! Truly cradle to the grave. 

I'm Falkirk 'til I die, I'm Falkirk 'til I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Falkirk 'til I die.

3 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

100% this.  Back in the 90s when I used to stand in the choir or go on the Elliots bus to away games it became an addiction.  Meeting up with mates and going to the games.  You felt like you were missing out if you missed a a game.  We'd go to school on the Monday and had the usual "ye should have been there" to the folk who hadn't been there.  It also then got other people interested who ended up coming along and then became fans.  I'd hope there is the same effect now and things will just build. 

Exactly. I celebrated the win at Montrose with a mate I went to school with (many moons ago!). This club is absolutely on the up and I just feel so privileged to play even the teeniest tiniest part in it all. Roll on May 4th!

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Stirling train station on the way back from Montrose will live long in the memory. 

Absolutely gutted I got a supporters bus up to Montrose and missed out on that. I'll thank Scotrail for that decision as their prices really are a disgrace like!

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

723 to sell out

Starting to think we might actually sell out the entire home allocation. The club should be doing everything they can to take advantage of this. Important to make sure these more casual attendees are aware of when season tickets go on sale. Apply a further discount to shirts makes sense (I already have them all so doesn't affect me 🤣). Sending surveys to understand why these other folk don't regularly attend would also make a lot of sense.

18 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Starting to think we might actually sell out the entire home allocation. The club should be doing everything they can to take advantage of this. Important to make sure these more casual attendees are aware of when season tickets go on sale. Apply a further discount to shirts makes sense (I already have them all so doesn't affect me 🤣). Sending surveys to understand why these other folk don't regularly attend would also make a lot of sense.

The club already ran a survey with FSS. All these folk will be on the email database so will be sent ST marketing when it’s ready.  I don’t think there needs to be much in the way of further discounts, given the exceptional sales we’ve seen this season. 

The sales pitch is basically the trophy.  If that doesn’t attract fans to stay, nothing else will. 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

The club already ran a survey with FSS. All these folk will be on the email database so will be sent ST marketing when it’s ready.  I don’t think there needs to be much in the way of further discounts, given the exceptional sales we’ve seen this season. 

The sales pitch is basically the trophy.  If that doesn’t attract fans to stay, nothing else will. 

You're right. Not just the trophy though, but the pitch invasion and the amazing night out in the town centre later that night will surely convert a few.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Had to read this a couple of times to get my head round the debt. Was there not some financial rules brought in to stop this happening?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68768050

I don't get it either. They basically did the same as us where they kept a Premiership budget in the championship, but is the difference between us the fact that our BoDs were able to offset those losses? Our operating losses at the moment sit around £400K if memory serves me? And correct me if I'm wrong, but we will break even next season under current operating costs? Not sure how much scope there is to expand expenses (ie playing squad) mind you. So important that we work within our means going forward. The losses both Dundee clubs are posting simply isn't sustainable.

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Had to read this a couple of times to get my head round the debt. Was there not some financial rules brought in to stop this happening?

12 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I don't get it either. They basically did the same as us where they kept a Premiership budget in the championship, but is the difference between us the fact that our BoDs were able to offset those losses? Our operating losses at the moment sit around £400K if memory serves me? And correct me if I'm wrong, but we will break even next season under current operating costs? Not sure how much scope there is to expand expenses (ie playing squad) mind you. So important that we work within our means going forward. The losses both Dundee clubs are posting simply isn't sustainable.

Lest we forget.

Falkirk show support for Dundee | SPFL

48 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Financial rules were thrown in the bin years ago, with the likes of Dundee, Motherwell, Dunfermline & Livingston played fast & loose with administration laws, multiple times.

Ultimately Scottish football dispensed with all respectability, when letting Sevco assume the League & FA membership of Rangers, to save their cash cow.

Only Celtic & Falkirk have paid every penny in the £, to pay off debt, with FFC losing Brockville to finance it. Gretna & Airdrie the only two to fall into oblivion, surprisingly using the same memberships, which now reside with Annan.

28 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Falkirk - Dundee connection goes back a long way.

Reg Smith - Bob Shankly - John Prentice - Simon Stainrod - Jim Duffy - Alex Totten - George Merchant - Bert Slater - Bobby Ford - Bobby Robinson - Wilson Hoggan - Jim Shirra - Ally Donaldson - Ian McColl - Vince Mennie (thanks a bundle and cruel taking the piss like that)

Famous and infamous it's a colourful roll call 

Scotland is miles behind when it comes to ffp as per usual. You would think after the debacles at Dundee twice, Livi 3 times, hearts, sevco, Dunfermline, Airdrie, gretna,Motherwell etc there would be strong rules in place to counter any of it happening again but it's simply head in the sand treatment from the spfl/sfa. Unless you are going to be in Europe there is no ffp and in Europe the rules are limited to losses way above anything you'll see in Scottish football.  Teams like the Dundee's , queen's parks, Ross county's and coves are losing money hand over fist every season and the ruling authorities just sit back and watch.  2.8 million is a ridiculous loss. I'd love to see queen's parks balance sheet for a team with about 1000 home fans if they are lucky. Must be hemorrhaging money. Another club will go down the tubes at some stage if nothing is done.

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Reg Smith - Bob Shankly - John Prentice - Simon Stainrod - Jim Duffy - Alex Totten - George Merchant - Bert Slater - Bobby Ford - Bobby Robinson - Wilson Hoggan - Jim Shirra - Ally Donaldson - Ian McColl - Vince Mennie (thanks a bundle and cruel taking the piss like that)

Don't forget Derek McWilliams and the wonderful trio of loans Declan mcdaid. Lee Wilkie and lee Mair.

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Considering the Budvar sponsorship/Budejovice trip made prior to the Bairnabeu move, & the clubs reception there off the back of it; to invite Dundee to officially open the new stadium, instead of European opposition in the form of SK Dynamo Ceske, seemed like some sort of bad joke.