The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Hands up with this guy. Gave him a very hard time and thought the two year deal was wrong. The guys overall performances over the past couple of months have been superb. No coincidence since Miller has came in Nesbitt’s form has been class. We can’t disregard how important Tait has been. Watched him when he came on against Alloa away and knew he was special. His overall play has allowed Miler & Nesbitt to have almost a free role at times.
What a difference going to watch Falkirk. Brilliant feeling going to the games now, very noticeable many new faces at the away games, especially with the young team, younger fans in general and many families. 
If the Ultras could get a vote for player of the season, they get mine. Simply superb and players are feeding off. 

agree with all of this only to add that McGlynnn and Smith have built this team and the style of play having come in at rock bottom and transformed the club but they haven't done all this themselves, we have all played our part in various ways.

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agree, think Annan could be the toughest of the remaining 3 games. Their home form is second only to ours with 4 wins from their last 5 and as you say they have a lot to play for. A lot of the teams lose their runs of form when they play us though, so here's hoping it continues for the next 3 games.

In other news...there are only 369 tickets left for the North Stand for the Alloa game (sold 623). 

It shows the potential Falkirk have when you put a winning team on the park and entertain, giving a good day out for the individual and family.

Plenty of competition for the punters disposable £ so with a near full house against Alloa everything should be done to entice the individuals who don't normally come to return next season. 1 in 10 coming back would make a difference. Innovative incentives, even vouchers for something, should be available to the support on the final day.  

What makes this title and season so special is it has been the result of everyone pulling together. Management for building the team, players for performing on the pitch, Board and staff for delivering behind the scenes, FSS/Patrons members for putting the fans in charge and funding the project, Ultras1876 for lifting the whole fanbase in the stands. 

Really something to be proud of. 

1 minute ago, AJ1981 said:

agree with all of this only to add that McGlynnn and Smith have built this team and the style of play having come in at rock bottom and transformed the club but they haven't done all this themselves, we have all played our part in various ways.

Another hands up here. Walked out of Airdrie a year ago, after the most abhorrent display and like many broken and baying for the BOD to bin them. I,ll be honest and so disappointed when they were not relieved of duties. Ready to give up ST after decades of supporting the club. Roll on nearly a year to that debacle and got to admit that the decision to see out their respective two year deals, has been rewarded with promotion, with ease and games to spare. Happy to take the medicine…..

29 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

To be fair to Ray, I think he was supporting Rangers then so might have missed it.

Can't tell if this was meant as a dig or not, but it's true, I was. (Emphasis on the past tense). I have no issue with you pointing that out.

I've still got a lot to learn about things and apologies if my lack of knowledge means I put my foot in my mouth a bit. It's certainly not intentional. I wasn't aware Queen's Park were a vanity project in the same vein as Gretna. 

On 12/04/2024 at 18:12, ebobsboy said:

I don't see all the players mentioned staying tbh. I'd love to see Yeats, Ross and Tait stay but I think one possibly two out the three won't. Yeats I think is waiting to see if he gets a better offer, Ross might not want to play second fiddle and on a decent wage at Raith. Tait will be on decent money at Hibs and has a year left. Are Shanley and Mackie good enough for the championship? Not so sure but they'd probably be the easiest to retain, then you've got the conundrum of what to do with Jordan Allan. Still think we need an experienced keeper. As much as I'm happy to see Spencer sign an extension he still had a year left and the years wage he just signed could have went to someone else, but McGlynn will probably know what kind of budget he's playing with for next season. 

So you want us to bin Spencer the season after next? Cause that's when he'll be paid for the extension, it won't come out of next season's budget.

It would be hilarious to see queen's park relegated although I still wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of league reconstruction being back on the agenda should haugheys plaything look in a bit of trouble . It's quite remarkable how the Scottish football media have just sat back whilst dodgy deal after dodgy deal is arranged with queen's park. A stadium initially valued at a £1 by the sfa suddenly becomes worth millions paid for by a loan taken on by the sfa arranged with help from haughey himself. A shambles of a new build and suddenly a deal is brokered letting them return to play at Hampden after selling it for millions. What advantage the sfa gets out of it is anyone's guess but why is queen's park playing every other week on the Hampden pitch seen as a better move than Scotland training on it once in a blue moon? It just doesn't add up but seeing them spend millions to end up relegated would be just desserts for a side basically getting backed by the sfa themselves.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

why is queen's park playing every other week on the Hampden pitch seen as a better move than Scotland training on it once in a blue moon? It just doesn't add up

Not 100% sure, but it looked like the Scotland squads for the last two home games, were training at QP new ground. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So you want us to bin Spencer the season after next? Cause that's when he'll be paid for the extension, it won't come out of next season's budget.

Ah I see I didn't realise that. My bad. 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Another hands up here. Walked out of Airdrie a year ago, after the most abhorrent display and like many broken and baying for the BOD to bin them. I,ll be honest and so disappointed when they were not relieved of duties. Ready to give up ST after decades of supporting the club. Roll on nearly a year to that debacle and got to admit that the decision to see out their respective two year deals, has been rewarded with promotion, with ease and games to spare. Happy to take the medicine…..

I think that you speak for many of us on here, I wanted McGlynn binned at half-time at Airdrie, I was raging (watching it on Falkirk TV).

We've to be grateful to the board for keeping calm heads and making the right decision.

16 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

What makes this title and season so special is it has been the result of everyone pulling together. Management for building the team, players for performing on the pitch, Board and staff for delivering behind the scenes, FSS/Patrons members for putting the fans in charge and funding the project, Ultras1876 for lifting the whole fanbase in the stands. 

Really something to be proud of. 

100% this! The full thing works when every component part pushes in one direction, no ego’s, point scoring or wee personal tantrums from individuals. Just everybody putting the club first with no caveats and looking at the bigger picture, on and off the park everything is starting to click but it has not happened by accident. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

So our plan now for the rest of season is to get Leon McCann a goal: I propose once Morrison is clearly top scorer that Leon becomes a penalty taker and try hard to get him a chance. 

Edited by Roboccop

I had a weird feeling pre season and bought my first season ticket since we were in the premier. I don't know what prompted it given the 5 years previous and will hold my hand up and say I would also have been happy to see the back of McGlynn after the Airdrie debacle. Something made me take the plunge and I am so glad I did.

34 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

So our plan now for the rest of season is to get Leon McCann a goal: I propose once Morrison is clearly top scorer that Leon becomes a penalty taker and try hard to get him a chance. 

Or stick him upfront, MacIver centre back and Mackie left back.

58 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It would be hilarious to see queen's park relegated although I still wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of league reconstruction being back on the agenda should haugheys plaything look in a bit of trouble . It's quite remarkable how the Scottish football media have just sat back whilst dodgy deal after dodgy deal is arranged with queen's park. A stadium initially valued at a £1 by the sfa suddenly becomes worth millions paid for by a loan taken on by the sfa arranged with help from haughey himself. A shambles of a new build and suddenly a deal is brokered letting them return to play at Hampden after selling it for millions. What advantage the sfa gets out of it is anyone's guess but why is queen's park playing every other week on the Hampden pitch seen as a better move than Scotland training on it once in a blue moon? It just doesn't add up but seeing them spend millions to end up relegated would be just desserts for a side basically getting backed by the sfa themselves.

Add in the very strange comments about the facilities at the Oriam which I believe are pretty highly regarded when Scotland decided they’d stop training there to go to the wee Lego kit stadium next to Hampden. Very odd, would love it if QP went down.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Not 100% sure, but it looked like the Scotland squads for the last two home games, were training at QP new ground. 

Yes that's the agreement they reached. Scotland train at lesser Hampden and queens park play home games  on the proper Hampden .  What does the sfa get out of that though? I'd have thought Scotland training at Hampden once in a while would damage the pitch a lot less than queens park playing on it 18 plus times. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes that's the agreement they reached. Scotland train at lesser Hampden and queens park play home games  on the proper Hampden .  What does the sfa get out of that though? I'd have thought Scotland training at Hampden once in a while would damage the pitch a lot less than queens park playing on it 18 plus times. 

The sfa probably just foot the bill with Queen’s Park if it gets damaged by anything during a Queen’s Park game but with how far away you are at hampden then it won’t cost them much even though the sfa could afford to fix it

Thinking a bit about next season and how well we are going to do made me think about how many of the current Championship sides would go through this league unbeaten in 33 games? 
Dunfermline only lost one game last season but drew a heap of games. 

I personally don’t think many outside DU would get close so with the addition of 3/4 next season there is absolutely no reason why we won’t be very competitive.