The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

Talking to Coll in elliots tonight and he said 'I'm just glad the Kelty player was ok" and that he was sent off for 'serious foul play' so it's a 2 game ban that the club are not appealing but he did joke that he's going 'full John Terry' on the last game 

That could mean a lot of different things. Is he planning on pumping one of his team mates mrs? Is he going to racially abuse someone? Is he going to bring his Dad who has some of Colombias finest with him? 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

That’s probably the best any opposition have played at the TFS this season albeit made easier with the red. Ref got this spot on but delivered an astonishing bias for the ninety odd minutes, with nearly every decision going to KH. Nisbett once again with a mind blowing display of running, tackling, passing and shutting down opponents. When you’re down to ten it’s a difficult gig, and although lucky with the one that came off bar, thought we coped well. Every player has played their part, so I’m laying off McCann who just looked disjointed for some reason. Two games till season end and no doubt will be as difficult as yesterday.

I'm usually one to defend refs but yesterday's ref is a Premiership ref and with no Premiership games on yesterday I thought he looked very arrogant as if he thought  refereeing League 1 football was beneath him. He also didn't look the most mobile!

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

I'm usually one to defend refs but yesterday's ref is a Premiership ref and with no Premiership games on yesterday I thought he looked very arrogant as if he thought  refereeing League 1 football was beneath him. He also didn't look the most mobile!

Think you’ve nailed it, heard one or two saying the same, cocky little shite I’m sure I heard more than once. 

If I was to be overly critical I did feel we sat a bit  deep second half yesterday perhaps over compensating for the fact we'd lost the lead twice in the first. We were very narrow allowing them to get the ball wide and sling in crosses which gave us bother due with Lang and Coll missing.  If we had held on to the lead a bit longer first half I feel wed have seen the game out easier but their second is just too soon after we'd grabbed the advantage. 

One of the greatest mystery's of our time though will always be how someone as shit as Lewis Moore managed to play over 20 games for hearts in the premiership. 

Watching it back still think it was a harsh red but we'd probably have no chance of an appeal. In our last few games the refs have generally been decent but he was utterly shite throughout.

Actually think our last 3 games against Kelty have been the 3 worst officiating performances of the season. Tbf it must be difficult when Tidser is constantly falling on his fat arse and then in the refs ear every two seconds complaining about anything and everything 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

6 hours ago, StuartA said:

Can’t believe this season is going to be over soon. I really don’t want it to. 

I’m the same, best season ever in my 50 or so years of following the Bairns. I had a wee health scare just after Xmas that thankfully turned out not as bad as it could have and the pleasure/joy this team have given me has at times took my mind away from worrying about what could be.

As others have posted I genuinely love this team and this season will live in the memory forever no matter how the next two games go. Every single player , member of the management team and training staff are superstars and I can’t thank them enough for season 23/24. Oh and the Ultras have been like the cherry on the cake, they are a massive part of how it has all panned out.

COYB 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

25 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Watching it back still think it was a harsh red but we'd probably have no chance of an appeal. In our last few games the refs have generally been decent but he was utterly shite throughout.

Actually think our last 3 games against Kelty have been the 3 worst officiating performances of the season. Tbf it must be difficult when Tidser is constantly falling on his fat arse and then in the refs ear every two seconds complaining about anything and everything 

Being a bit old school I'm not a fan of the way modern football deals with complete accidents on the pitch. These things happen in a fast physical sport and players do get injured but I've always felt red cards being the toughest sanction there is should only be used for deliberate serious foul play and not incidents like yesterday. Treating that yesterday as the same as a person deliberately two footing a boy in a challenge and breaking his legs is a bit ridiculous for me. 

Highlights missing bit chunks of the game?  Was hoping to see Taits goal line clearance again and they hit the bar once or twice too which seem to be missing, not to mention our first goal!  

Couldn't really see the Tait clearance well from where I'm sitting but it looked miraculous it stayed out at the time.  

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Highlights missing bit chunks of the game?  Was hoping to see Taits goal line clearance again and they hit the bar once or twice too which seem to be missing, not to mention our first goal!  

Couldn't really see the Tait clearance well from where I'm sitting but it looked miraculous it stayed out at the time.  

You can see Tait’s clearance in the highlights, it looked absolutely superb. Happened really fast but looks like he caught the ball between his legs on the goal line turned away from goal, got up and booted it to f**k away, an act of brilliance 😁

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You can see Tait’s clearance in the highlights, it looked absolutely superb. Happened really fast but looks like he caught the ball between his legs on the goal line turned away from goal, got up and booted it to f**k away, an act of brilliance 😁

Just watched back and must have missed it first time round.  What a stop!  

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Just watched back and must have missed it first time round.  What a stop!  

If ever there was an award for best clearance of the season it would have no competition.

14 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:Hopefully Henderson and Mackie make it through the week and the game, not sure who the back up is without Lang and Donaldson if either of the other two get injured.

We’re thin on options at CB now and I can see the defence which finished yesterday will need to play the final two games. A bit lop sided with three left sided defenders with only Finn a right footer. Regardless we should definitely have enough to get over the line for invincibility. At a push, according to McGlynn, Bisland can be moved inside to play CB but I’d rather not test the theory thanks!

Word on yesterdays game, tough as hell and red card merited, accidental but defo reckless from Coll. Our potent attack got us back in front but lost sloppy goals in the end. Not blaming McCann nor Hogarth, it was just a bad day. A huge shout out to the fans, however, for keeping the belief alive. The KM7 backed the team (rippled through to the main stand) the full 90 and it showed, dragged the team towards a point and over the line, superb backing. I was hoping for 100 league goals ‘for’ this season and hoped for 4 yesterday but the red card put that to bed. Think we’re sitting on 91 goals atm, so still possible and Cal’s chasing golden boot. What a season and enjoy it while it lasts Bairns, ain’t over yet. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBairn said:

We’re thin on options at CB now and I can see the defence which finished yesterday will need to play the final two games. A bit lop sided with three left sided defenders with only Finn a right footer. Regardless we should definitely have enough to get over the line for invincibility. At a push, according to McGlynn, Bisland can be moved inside to play CB but I’d rather not test the theory thanks!

Word on yesterdays game, tough as hell and red card merited, accidental but defo reckless from Coll. Our potent attack got us back in front but lost sloppy goals in the end. Not blaming McCann nor Hogarth, it was just a bad day. A huge shout out to the fans, however, for keeping the belief alive. The KM7 backed the team (rippled through to the main stand) the full 90 and it showed, dragged the team towards a point and over the line, superb backing. I was hoping for 100 league goals ‘for’ this season and hoped for 4 yesterday but the red card put that to bed. Think we’re sitting on 91 goals atm, so still possible and Cal’s chasing golden boot. What a season and enjoy it while it lasts Bairns, ain’t over yet. 

If bisland.had shown a bit  more this season I'd have been tempted to bring him on yesterday and move Finn into the middle of the park to give Brad and Dylan some help in the middle of the park.

This season has been one of the best and up there with JJ / IM teams, I had the pleasure watching. Met a few players at a well known supporters bar last night, and the guys couldn’t have been nicer. The guys were on form and it’s easy to see they get on brilliantly. Like many it would be brilliant to see the season out unbeaten, for me I don’t want it to end. 

(Defo need a CB signed for new season)

2 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

How anyone can say that’s a harsh sending off is absolutely mental.

Brutal challenge.

I’ve watched it a few times, gets worse . As said ref got this bang on, unfortunately the rest 90 was as poor as I’ve seen, especially considering this was from the top drawer brigade 

57 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

How anyone can say that’s a harsh sending off is absolutely mental.

Brutal challenge.

He nips the ball away cleanly then catches bavidge unfortunately.  Coll actually gets there first . It's not a brutal challenge for me although it results in a sore one for bavidge.  Been different if bavidge had been chesting the ball and he'd taken ball and chest at the same time. When I played that was a free kick both players got up and got on with it as there was zero malice or intent but now a days unfortunately that doesn't matter. It tends to be an age thing I think you find. The more elderly on here see it completely different from the younger fans .

Edited by Shodwall cat