The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)

One thing I was surprised with on Saturday is the pitch. While partaking in the pitch invasion, or in my case a slow limp with a walking stick, I walked on the hallowed pitch for the first time. It was nothing like what I had been expecting. I can't believe how deep and spongy it is. It didn't feel at all like walking on grass. Not saying it's good or bad, just that I was taken aback. It must be very tiring to running around on it for 90 minutes. So I have an even greater respect for the guys.Β  No wonder we pass it around so much.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Just now, Sarcastic Bairn said:

That’s why MacIver doesn’t dribble or swerve on it, keeps his energy levels up.

A point that I never knew about.Β  Good one.

26 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

One thing I was surprised with on Saturday is the pitch. While partaking in the pitch invasion, or in my case a slow limp with a walking stick, I walked on the hallowed pitch for the first time. It was nothing like what I had been expecting. I can't believe how deep and spongy it is. It didn't feel at all like walking on grass. Not saying it's good or bad, just that I was taken aback. It must be very tiring to running around on it for 90 minutes. So I have an even greater respect for the guys.Β  No wonder we pass it around so much.

I've been on it a few times and each time it takes me by surprise. It's like my brain automatically expects it to feel like a typical 5-aside 3G pitch.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I wouldn't be worrying about your goalkeeper position.

It's "I can't spake, I can't spake" πŸ˜‰

What should we expect from Stone?

30 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What should we expect from Stone?

IF he ends up confirmed as joining you then you'll get a very good goalkeeper. He's 6'5" but agile with it and seems to have no issue getting down for low shots either. It seems pretty incredible now that he was a late window 'panic' signing after Hibs made it clear Murray Johnson wasn't immediately coming back as soon as they were out of Europe and the fact our other keeper was suspended meant we had to bring someone in. At the time we assumed only to Xmas. He took a month or so to properly settle and even lost his place for a few weeks around October but he got back in and the Dundee United Scottish Cup game cemented his standing as our No 1 for the rest of the season. His performance that day was sensational and he took it into the rest of the season.

He didn't have a good time of it at Thistle the year before I believe and with keepers, especially young ones, a lot of it is about confidence and how they start but he's been very, very good for us. So good that I'd think he's probably the longer term replacement for Craig Gordon at Hearts. I liked Kevin Dabrowski last season but given a straight choice between them right now for next year I'd take Stone ahead of him every time. We've had a lot of good loan keepers here recently with Robby McCrorie and Sol Brynn for half seasons each and slightly further back Zander Clark for a year and a half. Stone's absolutely in that class.

Absolutely appreciate why it was inevitable a full Falkirk team got picked for the PFA squad, Burrell apart, but in reality Stone's been the best keeper I've seen at this level this season. Playing for us in the bottom half he's never going to get the votes to acknowledge it but he should have. I can't think of much I'd directly blame him for all season.

Having signed up Hogarth, I’d rather they looked at Mick McGovern to come in as player/coach. Work wi the young guys & give competition for the keeper spot at the same time. He knows the club/fans & it would be a signing that would be easily accepted.

πŸ†•πŸŽ™οΈEP:87 INVINCIBLESΒ 

πŸ”΅ Review Trophy Day & the 2-2 draw versus Alloa Athletic with guest pundits Mark, Dougie & Iain from our sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s 🐝
βšͺ️ Pre & Post match emotions 😒🍻
πŸ”΅ Falkirk Daft LIVE at Behind The Wall 🎀
βšͺ️ McKenna & Hanlon? πŸ‘€βœπŸ»
πŸ”΅ PLUS all the latest Bairns news including Season ticket sales, FFC new merch & Falkirk Women πŸ—žοΈ

Thank you to everyone who has watched or downloaded the podcast this season - well over 2,000 every single week. Outstanding πŸ‘πŸ»

Expect the unexpected ✊🏼

πŸ“Ί πŸŽ§πŸ“±falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9364.thumb.jpeg.5b9395f0056e68f3e34b92953242c686.jpeg

15 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Having signed up Hogarth, I’d rather they looked at Mick McGovern to come in as player/coach. Work wi the young guys & give competition for the keeper spot at the same time. He knows the club/fans & it would be a signing that would be easily accepted.

We already have a goalie coach, we’re not just going to invent a role for someone.Β 

McGlynn has mooted we would be going with two younger keepers again one being a loan to save on the budget. That's what I expect to happen. I just hope we don't get drawn into another contractual stipulation that we did with Long in regards to game time.Β 

3 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Alright Falkirk, who are yous most looking forward to playing next season in the Championship?

St Johnstone.

17 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Alright Falkirk, who are yous most looking forward to playing next season in the Championship?

More than anything, I'm really looking forward to a couple of trips to Hampden...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

as well as the away fixtures against yourselves.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

πŸ†•πŸŽ™οΈEP:87 INVINCIBLESΒ 

πŸ”΅ Review Trophy Day & the 2-2 draw versus Alloa Athletic with guest pundits Mark, Dougie & Iain from our sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s 🐝
βšͺ️ Pre & Post match emotions 😒🍻
πŸ”΅ Falkirk Daft LIVE at Behind The Wall 🎀
βšͺ️ McKenna & Hanlon? πŸ‘€βœπŸ»
πŸ”΅ PLUS all the latest Bairns news including Season ticket sales, FFC new merch & Falkirk Women πŸ—žοΈ

Thank you to everyone who has watched or downloaded the podcast this season - well over 2,000 every single week. Outstanding πŸ‘πŸ»

Expect the unexpected ✊🏼

πŸ“Ί πŸŽ§πŸ“±falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9364.thumb.jpeg.5b9395f0056e68f3e34b92953242c686.jpeg

Definitely need a left sided centre back but Paul Hanlon's always looked murder against us.

Raith fans are chomping at the bit for him and Stevenson so hopefully that's where they both end up.

Β