The Falkirk FC Thread

Not meaning to be too harsh as I know we're all on a high etc, but the signing of McKenna does make keeping Oliver seem a wee bit more confusing to me, especially when McKenna seems an upgrade in that position. Oliver is a undoubtedly a tidy player and McGlynn has more than earned the right to decide if he wants to keep him or not - he might think professionalism/balance of the squad is more important in that respect. Just in my own humble opinion that I think it's a wage that could have gone elsewhere. 

I’ve previously posted my thoughts on how good (vital, even) Falkirk have been to Dylan Tait’s career.
Interestingly, post my comment, when pressed J&P decided the background to Dylan joining in January was not for public consumption. 
The man has been a revelation here in his short spell. He looks to have applied himself off the pitch and on it. It would be the icing on the cake if Dylan was to leave Hibs for a small fee and sign here for 3 years.

In January, there were disparaging comments from Hibs fans on their own fans’ website forum on his character, application and dressing room relationship with players at Hibs, Hamilton & Arbroath. 
Add to this that John Rankin/Hamilton jettisoned him halfway through a season long contract and I’m not so sure Hibs or other Championship clubs will be throwing lucrative contacts his way.

So, the pathway for John & Paul to offer a contract may be a bit more open than at first appears.

Anyway, I hope so.

Absolutely no surprise to see the Pars cant help discussing the summer arrival of the navy blue Juggernaut on their thread.

A few trying to console themselves that beating the 22/23 McGlynn side that still contained 50% of the dross from the previous management regime means they won't be absolutely steamrollered by our Double Promotion Express is v. cute 

Nice little piece on Falkirk at halftime there on the BBC Airdrie Partick game.

Mcglynn confirming most of the budget has been spent retaining existing players and won't be as much movement this summer as previous summer.

Mentioned the 7271 crowd and few interviews post game. James McFadden saying he thinks we'll be right up there next season and other two saying we've been missed. 

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Mcglynn confirming most of the budget has been spent retaining existing players and won't be as much movement this summer as previous summer.

Mentioned the 7271 crowd and few interviews post game. James McFadden saying he thinks we'll be right up there next season and other two saying we've been missed. 

It will be nice to have a season without needing whole sale changes over the summer.  Hopefully the continuity will mean we can hit the ground running.

12 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Think a bit tongue in cheek from McGlynn. Yes, inevitably a good portion of the budget will be gone, but I’m sure there’s still funds for a few to come in. 

38 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good videos with the players and pictures with the fans. Enjoyed it.

55 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The interview with midfielder "Stephen McGlynn" was particularly illuminating. 

Posted (edited)

Season Ticket 12 month Option

Dear Member,

We have made the Falkirk Stadium a fortress once again, and we can do the same in the Championship, whether you had a Season Ticket this season, had one previously or have never had one, this is the year to get involved.

n recognition of the contributions FSS have made to the club, FSS members have been offered the opportunity to pay for their Season Tickets via 12 monthly instalments, with the first payment being taken immediately (not June 1st).

Please note that you can still buy your Season Ticket as normal if you prefer to do so, either as a single lump sum payment or via 3 monthly payments.

Anyone who pays their FSS membership via Total Tickets will see the 12 month option when they login. For those who pay via PayPal or Standing Order they can self certify (described as an 'FSS Ticket') using the link below.

https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/9lJGVkM...

Once self certified, Total Tickets will identify you as an FSS member, and the 12 month option will become available when you look to purchase your Season Ticket. 

All new FSS members will also have, until the end of May, the option of paying for their Season Ticket monthly, so if you have friends or family who are not currently FSS members, please encourage them to join. Once registered, they will then be able to follow the same process above to purchase their Season Ticket via the pay monthly option. Please note that the 12 month option is only available for purchase until the end of May.

Thanks for your continuing support,

The FSS Committee

FALKIRK SUPPORTERS' SOCIETY

71 Morningside Street

Glasgow

You received this email as a member of the FSS

Edited by Springfield

Given McGlynn is being coy about how much money we've got the extra tickets from trophy day and the managers uplift for season tickets could potentially stretch to 2-3 players depending on how many go for it.

Watched some of the Airdrie/PT game. Some decent football from both but didn’t see anything that I’d be too worried about. A couple of shrewd signings and as the BBC commentators said, nothing to stop us challenging at the top of the league.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m bored of this pre-season shit already, when does the league start again.

There is also something nice about being able with to watch the playoffs having already done your business though!