The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Nothing against him signing an extension as I quite like his style. However if this takes a wage from another CF signing, he really needs to up his game. We are going to be up against a slightly better level of players next season, so hope this works out for the lad, like all signings all the best Ryan.

Lets see what he is like after a good pre season training. He was part time until the turn of the year

Think we’re all of the same opinion on the lad, could argue he didn’t really get enough game time with the team flying. However as mentioned of the game time he got, he never really got a grip when he got his chance. No excuses with a full pre-season coming up he needs to kick on.  

Going with Oliver up top rather than Shanley v Alloa had me thinking his days were numbered.

Hopefully he kicks on but personally feel we need better.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young striker come in on loan now as I can't see us signing one now.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Going with Oliver up top rather than Shanley v Alloa had me thinking his days were numbered.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young striker come in on loan now as I can't see us signing one now.

Agree or Allan gets a clean slate 

40 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I was surprised we didn't sign an extra striker in January/February when we let Allan go out on loan but the league was basically done by then.

I'd be amazed if we're not looking for another striker to compete with MacIver & Shanley as Allan will most likely be gone.

Posted (edited)

I’m fine with Shanley staying - I think there’s a player there. 

I also think we’ll sign another striker and he’ll start the season as third choice. As others have said, we won’t run with massive depth, but if MacIver gets injured/falls out of form, we’ll need options. Allan will likely be away and I’m not really counting Oliver as a striker anymore tbh, as he’s nowhere near good enough to lead the line himself in the Championship. I see him as cover for a 10.

I’ll trust McGlynn here.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

54 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Shanley wasn’t fit enough to start, he had missed the Annan game with a knock. 

36 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I was surprised we didn't sign an extra striker in January/February when we let Allan go out on loan but the league was basically done by then.

I'd be amazed if we're not looking for another striker to compete with MacIver & Shanley as Allan will most likely be gone.

Shanley was the Allan replacement

It's a meh from me, seemed fine for the role we gave him this year but wouldn't say he showed much that made me think he can do it in the league above.

Sounds crazy considering the amount of goals we scored but I think we were a bit wasteful in front of goal and will need to be more clinical next season in front of better defences who won't give up so many opportunities.

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Have to say I don’t agree with that at all. Totally accept that stats don’t show everything but Agyeman has 8 goals and 4 assists compared to 2 goals and 4 assists for Ross, so not sure how anyone can say Ross is more ‘reliable’.

Alfie offers something different for me and is a nightmare for defenders (in part due to his unpredictability).

Not much of a nightmare if he’s sitting on his backside with the ball rolling away!

Amazed Muirhead is doing a job with Thistle. I was pretty happy to get shot of him and was actually surprised Ayr took him on after he left us. Complete hothead who used to argue with fans more often than anyone I can think of. Still remember him shouting “shut up” and swearing at fans as the ball was still in play and he was supposed to be defending. 

Just now, Balde Bairn said:

Amazed Muirhead is doing a job with Thistle. I was pretty happy to get shot of him and was actually surprised Ayr took him on after he left us. Complete hothead who used to argue with fans more often than anyone I can think of. Still remember him shouting “shut up” and swearing at fans as the ball was still in play and he was supposed to be defending. 

That might be the case but he was a solid championship standard of player. Getting rid of him and everyone else like him in the squad we the beginning of our fall. 

To be fair, if I was having to play centre-half alongside Scott Harrison or Tom Dallison, I’d be fuming too.

Muirhead did a solid job for us playing out of position in a good team. By the time he moved to CB he was beginning to be surrounded by shite. Yeah he was a bit mental but was a good servant.