The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Would be something special if we pulled that off, especially with all those Hibs contacts going about saying Tait was in the first team plans! 

Ah the “Hibs contacts” ……..the same contacts that said we’d have to pay them a 30k fee! 🤣

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I like Tait and I'm delighted if he's signing, can't imagine he'll be signing to be cover though.

If we stick with the same system which 2 of Henderson, Spencer and Tait make the best 11?

Ability wise, Spencer and Tait. We'll need Hendos presence in the midfield though so probably has to be Hendo and Spencer.

9 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I like Tait and I'm delighted if he's signing, can't imagine he'll be signing to be cover though.

If we stick with the same system which 2 of Henderson, Spencer and Tait make the best 11?

Will be horses for courses I think. Henderson’s physicality will be needed in tougher games. Tait could also do well further forward, although we already have a lot of options there.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Just-in said:

I think you have every right to disagree but I don’t see why you feel the need to shut down certain posters. 

Have to be honest too but having read many of your posts, for someone who is apparently well connected to the board, I think it’s out of order how you speak to people on here. 

This season has been one of the best in our history and the board have done a great job of turning the club around but think you’re doing them a disservice by coming on here calling other fans c**ts, telling them they’re talking sh*te etc. 

Can’t imagine a scenario where it would ever be accepted before if one of the old boards associates had done the same. 

If you disagree then at least don’t be so bullish about it. 

Im sure ive pointed out before that bpm crosses the line sometimes and he should think before he types and presses 'send reply' but never ever have i thought its anything other than a reflection of his views and see it extend to his family, his friends or the falkirk board. that's a slippery slope dude, people are entitled to their own views and he praised, condemned or both for them. guilty by association is a step too far. 

Edited by AJ1981

Henderson and Tait obviously have totally different strengths. I do think it will be one or the other in beside Spencer. Henderson probably suits away games more to give us that bit of physicality and aerial threat, especially useful on the tighter pitches in the league. Tait probably suits home games more where we'll have more of the ball and the opposition is sitting in. 

It's a very nice problem to have, likewise with Agyeman and Ross (or an.other) to keep Miller, Nesbitt and Morrison on their toes. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

Im sure ive pointed out before that bpm crosses the line sometimes and he should think before he types and presses 'send reply' but never ever have i thought its anything other than a reflection of his views and see it extend to his family, his friends or the falkirk board. that's a slippery slope dude, people are entitled to their own views and he praised, condemned or both for them. guilty by association is a step too far. 

You previously accused a poster on here during the Foundation debate of saying it was no wonder they got bad press with someone like that involved. Didn’t seem to be known whether that person was in fact a part of the Foundation. I don’t see that being any different. 

People get tarnished by association so if you want to post your views then hope you could do it with some decorum.  Same would go for anyone involved with the club, foundation, FSS or anyone else in close association with the clubs hierarchy. 

Anyway all I will say. Don’t want to get involved in petty squabbles. Just felt it had to be said. 

Edited by Just-in

I think the gaffer will be looking at the flexibility of a number of players in the squad. The likes of Henderson  who can play midfield/defence, Yeats is the same. When you run a small squad it’s good to have players who can cover a number of positions.

I think if we can get Tait/Ross back at the club then apart from another goalkeeper, centre half and maybe another front man if Alan leaves, which I expect will happen I don’t think we’ll see/need many more.

Not wanting to put a dampener on the Tait story as I genuinely can't see where he'll fit in there but with Montgomery being sacked, is there any chance he wouldn't be let go until a new manager decides whether or not to keep him? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Not wanting to put a dampener on the Tait story as I genuinely can't see where he'll fit in there but with Montgomery being sacked, is there any chance he wouldn't be let go until a new manager decides whether or not to keep him? 

I wondered that as well, but that could be a lengthy process getting a new manager. I would imagine they would release players before that is done to give them a chance of getting fixed up with other clubs.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

26 minutes ago, Just-in said:

You previously accused a poster on here during the Foundation debate of saying it was no wonder they got bad press with someone like that involved. Didn’t seem to be known whether that person was in fact a part of the Foundation. I don’t see that being any different. 

People get tarnished by association so if you want to post your views then hope you could do it with some decorum.  Same would go for anyone involved with the club, foundation, FSS or anyone else in close association with the clubs hierarchy. 

Anyway all I will say. Don’t want to get involved in petty squabbles. Just felt it had to be said. 

wasn't that the poster who came on here after being away for years and years, stirred everybody up by spouting nonsense and then disappeared. if you care to look back to my posts I'm sure you'll find i expressed regret at taking the bait and said i wouldn't interact with him again.  Which I'm pretty sure I didn't. context peeps and if you believe people get tarnished by association that says more about your worldview than anything else

1 hour ago, Just-in said:

I find it strange when posters leave under principle but come back and write in the same style under a new name 🤨

Getting a bit fucked off with the response re season tickets. No email back re my U12 one I didn't manage to renew yet, and looks like for mine, the first payment of the pay in 3 has been taken twice... Either that or they've somehow signed me up for 2 season tickets. Tried phoning shop a few times today and no answer.