The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I've disagreed with you - I can't argue Amarillo is unique but it's synonymous with us. 

Perhaps phase it out as the goal song in favour of individual player ones as was mooted but you can't beat a full-throated rendition as we did after the Ayr game last year and not find it emotive.

I wouldn’t play any song when we score, I would just let the Ultras do their thing, gets the crowd going more than anything over the speakers.

17 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I've disagreed with you - I can't argue Amarillo is unique but it's synonymous with us. 

Perhaps phase it out as the goal song in favour of individual player ones as was mooted but you can't beat a full-throated rendition as we did after the Ayr game last year and not find it emotive.

No problem at all with disagreement it's purely out there for debate. I'm not anti Amarillo purely wondering if we need an "anthem"

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I wouldn’t play any song when we score, I would just let the Ultras do their thing, gets the crowd going more than anything over the speakers.

Agreed. The speaker volume is too loud too I think. 

42 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

No problem at all with disagreement it's purely out there for debate. I'm not anti Amarillo purely wondering if we need an "anthem"

I don't get this at all.

In Scotland, Amarillo is quite clearly our anthem.

Posted (edited)

An increase in League Cup cash also. With £60K for getting out the group stage. That could be worth another couple of players before the window shuts end of August. Need to hit the ground running in July. £100K prize money for the challenge cup winners should also incentivise us.  https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-announces-record-premier-sports-cup-prize-m#:~:text=SPFL announces record Premier Sports Cup prize money,-Clubs playing in&text=Over £3.5 million in,winners will receive £400%2C000.

Edited by GunnerBairn

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I like how we have Amarillo loud when we score and then when it goes off the Ultras take over. Perfect 🙌

Agree - it’s our song. Only on briefly then the crowd takes over. 

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Yeah, it’s brilliant news isn’t it 👏🏻.

My response was in relation to getting over the record of 3,900 sold. 

Understand, just thought that some may have been interested in the make up of last years full ticket sales. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Understand, just thought that some may have been interested in the make up of last years full ticket sales. 

Got you 👍🏼. Yeah, some effort by everyone so far. 

18 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Surely the chat of McGlynn brining in Greig Spence as a 3rd choice striker is complete nonsense. 

Surely a wind up! A wee signing now to boost season ticket sales before early bird stops could be a winner