The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

They are not mutually exclusive.

Your already low attendances fell off a cliff in the space of a couple of months.

Hamilton Academical      5             -              0             Queen of the South          Queen of the South

HT 3-0

SCOTTISH LEAGUE ONESaturday 2 December 2023 15:00

VenueNew Douglas Park Attendance1,279 RefereeLloyd Wilson

Hamilton Academical      1             -              1             Kelty Hearts        Kelty Hearts

HT 0-0

SCOTTISH LEAGUE ONESaturday 23 December 2023 15:00

VenueNew Douglas Park Attendance1,287 RefereeColin Whyte

Hamilton Academical      2             -              0             Cove Rangers     Cove Rangers

HT 1-0

SCOTTISH LEAGUE ONESaturday 13 January 2024 15:00

VenueNew Douglas Park Attendance771 RefereeRoss Hardie

Hamilton Academical      1             -              1             Montrose            Montrose

HT 1-0

SCOTTISH LEAGUE ONESaturday 27 January 2024 15:00

VenueNew Douglas Park Attendance778 RefereeCalum Scott

Don’t try to use falling numbers of supporters as evidence of…erm…supporters numbers falling.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hope there are plans for O’Neill’s to release a different retro range every season. Clearly a good earner as they sold like hot cakes. Not my favourite strip but I would love to see the checkerboard strip coming out, it’s so different I think it would sell really well. I’ve got a wee signed pic of Chris Waddle wearing it. I mind at the time we got a lot of piss taking over it but I have a soft spot for it and would definitely buy it.

I would love to see a retro version of the late 70’s Bukta shirt as a zip top (like the brockville one from this season), especially with continual bukta logo in the thin tramlines down the sleeves (but it was not part of the zip tops back in the day - see team photo).

Although it’s also from a league winning season,  It’s probably due to it being from the first games I was taken to by my Dad and Gramps 🙏🏻

Team photo from the fantastic, better meddle.org.uk.  I also used an image of the top Lewis shared many moons ago to give a better idea of the long sleeves with bukta logo and thin tramlines 🤤

.19801.jpg

IMG_0109.jpeg

14 minutes ago, 51 Bairn said:

I would love to see a retro version of the late 70’s Bukta shirt as a zip top (like the brockville one from this season), especially with continual bukta logo in the thin tramlines down the sleeves (but it was not part of the zip tops back in the day - see team photo).

Although it’s also from a league winning season,  It’s probably due to it being from the first games I was taken to by my Dad and Gramps 🙏🏻

Team photo from the fantastic, better meddle.org.uk.  I also used an image of the top Lewis shared many moons ago to give a better idea of the long sleeves with bukta logo and thin tramlines 🤤

.19801.jpg

IMG_0109.jpeg

The Spall 2 tone blue vertical stripe top of the early 80's was another good one. 

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Our core fanbase attended the playoff games.

Teams can't use our small support as a stick to beat us with and then also use it as evidence we deserted the team.

We've either got a small support or we desert them - can't be both.

There are individuals within our club we despise, however, that is true.

Your small crowd deserted you. Just a fact. The abuse Rankin took was ridiculous and he proved you wrong. Strange stuff. 

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Spall 2 tone blue vertical stripe top of the early 80's was another good one. 

That one is also up there, from memory I think that strip was when Coasters started being a shirt sponsor, but I could be mistaken.

4 hours ago, shanehafc said:

What makes you believe us Hamilton fans hate our club and "utterly deserted" them last season? Such a bizarre claim.

Bizarre???

Your already feeble attendances fell of a cliff.

55 minutes ago, 51 Bairn said:

.19801.jpg

IMG_0109.jpeg

Had this shirt but it had the steeple as a transfer ( like the Bukta logo) not the shabby patch shown here.

Gorgeous shirt but very uncomfortable scratchy material.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Assume he’s referring to Partick and Ayr ?90FA04E0-B316-49F4-874A-D7F8775E7BB2.thumb.png.dce4c60b4b855a40c8ef6f66b702fc45.png

Has to be Livingston and Partick but I doubt very much what he's saying given they've signed Easton back up, convinced Fordyce to leave his cousins team, Stevenson and are highly rumoured to be after Hanlon.

Turner signed for Partick and I'd imagine Raith were after him, Bryne's rumoured to have Livi, Dunfermline, Raith and Partick to choose from.

On 07/06/2024 at 17:44, Broken Algorithms said:

Benedictus is better than Lang. Both were relatively middling towards the end of their spells with us. Benedictus in particular needed a fresh start. 

Benedictus is rotten - end of

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely interested to see how you get on this season, and Calumn Morrison in particular.

One who arguably has top flight talent hasn't really shown it consistently? Its a bit surprised hes only 24 though, tbh.

The league seems so tight every season that 2-3 wins in a row has folk dreaming of the title, then 2-3 games without a win has you at the bottom fearing relegation, so expecting to see plenty of "leagues a piece of piss/our squad is shit" sequences.

I think Morrison will do well, he's improved massively in the last 2 years, last year particularly so. That's been helped by the fact that we have threat on the other wing and though the middle so teams can't afford to put 2/3 men on him all game. Will be a good test for him up against generally better players out wide. 

24 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I think Morrison will do well, he's improved massively in the last 2 years, last year particularly so. That's been helped by the fact that we have threat on the other wing and though the middle so teams can't afford to put 2/3 men on him all game. Will be a good test for him up against generally better players out wide. 

Morrison like the rest of the squad playing against higher calibre players week in week out will either kick on to better things or find their level.

Big season for their careers, so there should be no lack of motivation

31 minutes ago, BPM said:

Benedictus is rotten - end of

In defence of the Fifers (God that felt dirty to say!), Benedictus won absolutely everything in the air and on the ground when they beat us 1-0 at TFS during the 22-23 season. 

The step up, injuries and age are probably catching up with him but we could have done with him in the 22-23 season

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Had this shirt but it had the steeple as a transfer ( like the Bukta logo) not the shabby patch shown here.

Gorgeous shirt but very uncomfortable scratchy material.

Yeah the tattie sack material gave you the equivalent of nipple rash everywhere and weighed a ton if wet.

4 hours ago, 51 Bairn said:

.19801.jpg

IMG_0109.jpeg

I can remember a yellow Bukta top in those days that was a thing of beauty. There is definitely money to be made in the retro range, older fans like myself who maybe wouldn’t buy current strips are more likely to buy them and the youngsters seem to like them too.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I can remember a yellow Bukta top in those days that was a thing of beauty. There is definitely money to be made in the retro range, older fans like myself who maybe wouldn’t buy current strips are more likely to buy them and the youngsters seem to like them too.

Am I right in thinking it had a collar with the same wingspan as the Angel of the North?