The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Great life as a Falkirk player. Back at your work for one shift then weekend off!

For the next four weeks they're in six days out of seven. It's only after that they they revert back to a standard Wednesday /Sunday off. 

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

Tbf we did reasonably well in qualifying with some really good performances, but since qualifying we’ve been poor. Actually felt sorry for Ralston, Germans identified him early doors and just not good enough, albeit there was ten others as shite.

I genuinely would not take him before Yeats 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

For the next four weeks they're in six days out of seven. It's only after that they they revert back to a standard Wednesday /Sunday off. 

i know. And fitness wise you need to start slowly after time off. Think that a lot of pre season injuries are due to players overdoing it at the start. It is why it should be 22 players used in pre season friendlies  You see a lot of injuries in the early season. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think that a lot of pre season injuries are due to players overdoing it at the start. It is why it should be 22 players used in pre season friendlies. 

Generally every fit player gets some gametime. If you look at last season we played five preseason friendlies, albeit two were closed-door.  Used a minimum of eight subs in every game. I imagine the apprentices will get gametime too, albeit I spoke to Tony Begg yesterday and he said they'll play in youth friendlies which will (presumably) be announced at a later date. 

13 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

72 according to some new pics @Bainsfordbairn popped on X earlier. 

He lost 9 to MacIver, so 7+2 = 9 or at least that's my guess. Michael Gillen from the Falkirk Herald was there today so more pics will appear over the coming days. 

I don't think squad numbers mean much but if anyone's interested I'll put them up. Everyone will see them once the games start anyway. 

8 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Here's a question; there was a guy who used to wander around Denny (who I think was English) wearing a top hat and tails and carrying a cane. Is it the same person? Time line would be about right. 

Vaguely remember this lad, he was a couple of years younger than me.

Harmless eccentric in a time of New Romantic posers and combat jacket clad rockers.

edit to add my wife tells me his name was Robert Stirling and not English.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He lost 9 to MacIver, so 7+2 = 9 or at least that's my guess. Michael Gillen from the Falkirk Herald was there today so more pics will appear over the coming days. 

I don't think squad numbers mean much but if anyone's interested I'll put them up. Everyone will see them once the games start anyway. 

Could be yeah, that was my first thought. Although I believe he’s a Rangers fan so could be that (similar to Kennedy). 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

What number has McKenna been given BB?

Is this the current strongest starting X1 do we think? Or will Sneddon, Adams &/or McKenna come straight in? 

Hogarth

Yeats
Donaldson
Lang
McCann

Spencer
Tait

Morrison
Nesbitt
Miller 

MacIver

Subs: Sneddon, Adams, Mackie, Henderson, McKenna, Ross, Agyeman, Oliver, Shanley & Allan. 

I know there will be development players too but I’m assuming they wouldn’t be considered as potential starters. 

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Is this the current strongest starting X1 do we think? Or will Sneddon, Adams &/or McKenna come straight in? 

Hogarth

Yeats
Donaldson
Lang
McCann

Spencer
Tait

Morrison
Nesbitt
Miller 

MacIver

Subs: Sneddon, Adams, Mackie, Henderson, McKenna, Ross, Agyeman, Oliver, Shanley & Allan. 

I know there will be development players too but I’m assuming they wouldn’t be considered as potential starters. 

It’ll be interesting to see how Nesbitt gets on in the Championship as I know he never impressed much when he was there before. I’m he performs at the level we seen last season then not an issue but if not I could see McKenna being brought in to start in that role

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Hogarth

Yeats
Donaldson
Lang
McCann

Spencer
Tait

Morrison
Nesbitt
Miller 

MacIver

Got to be Spencer and Henderson in the middle for me. Noticed a huge difference when the big man was missing in the middle. Otherwise yeah same team for me.

Tait a great option though. Wouldn’t actually mind him as the 10 but wouldn’t drop Nisbett either.

Good options to have, hopefully the step up in league isn’t an issue for most.

I think it’s horses for courses this season. Similar to another post, we will face teams with better quality players with all respect to the league we’ve left, and will have less of the ball than we’re used to. Tait & Spencer all day for me, but with Nisbetts excellent form in the third and final quarters, it leaves a few fighting for the last slot. You could argue that not playing Henderson we lose a goal threat, however across the middle weve got goals from all. Good issue to have. 
Cant wait for season to start.

Edited by Springfield

This popped up on YouTube last night. I was only 12 at the time and don't remember it but does anybody on here have any recollection of this? 

And is anybody on here in it?

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Hogarth

Yeats
Donaldson
Lang
McCann

Spencer
Tait

Morrison
Nesbitt
Miller 

MacIver

I think we’ll stick with this invincible starting XI to begin and see how we go. McKenna  for me is a direct replacement for the loss of McGinn and the experience. It  will be much along the same lines of Ross and Alfie being an option for the wings and Hendo / Tait being picked depending on what type of opposition we’re playing against, more passing or physicality required. Also Yeats being squad number 2 suggests he’s first pick RB ahead of Adams. Once the first XI begin to dip in form we should see more involvement from the bench but otherwise I think McGlynn will make minimal changes and want to keep continuity as much as possible. I think the versatility throughout the squad will be crucial this season. Can’t wait for the season to start.

1 hour ago, GunnerBairn said:

Also Yeats being squad number 2 suggests he’s first pick RB ahead of Adams.

I wouldn’t read too much into squad numbers. 

Right back is Finns to lose. If Adams comes in and proves he’s better then he’ll become first choice