The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)

Here's my prediction for the season.  I think we will win 11, draw 12 and lose 13 ending up with 45 points.  Around the same as Morton and Dunfermline did last year.  That would place us 6th if the stats from the Championship last year are anything to go by.  

I don't think it is realistic to expect more than that.  Avoiding relegation would be acceptable for me in the first season back given we have been out of the slightly higher quality level for so long.   We have been playing some very poor teams for years and for the first time in seasons there will be no easy games. 

It will be a strange feeling getting beat on a regular basis again after the high of last season, the price to pay for a higher level of challenge.  One thing is for sure - looking at the opposition, most games might go either way so it's going to be very interesting.

Update:  For those who have down voted this post, let me point out that every team in the Championship last year from 4th to 9th place got beat between 13 and 16 times.  In all probability we will not win the league or get relegated, we will probably end up somewhere between 4th and 9th or there abouts.  That is what I mean by getting beat on a regular basis, about once every third game.  A little glance at last years table will show what I said is realistic.

image.thumb.png.dcd44e8464d9d68b8d8ba4e065da8ff3.png

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

23 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Here's my prediction for the season.  I think we will win 11, draw 12 and lose 13 ending up with 45 points.  Around the same as Morton and Dunfermline did last year.  That would place us 6th if the stats from the Championship last year are anything to go by.  

I don't think it is realistic to expect more than that.  Avoiding relegation would be acceptable for me in the first season back given we have been out of the slightly higher quality level for so long.   We have been playing some very poor teams for years and for the first time in seasons there will be no easy games. 

It will be a strange feeling getting beat on a regular basis again after the high of last season, the price to pay for a higher level of challenge.  One thing is for sure - looking at the opposition, most games might go either way so it's going to be very interesting.

So many variables and will be a dog-eat-dog league. Can see 12 points being the difference between play off positions for promotion - relegation. Lot will depend on the start we get as something of an unknown quantity and how the invincible's cope against higher quality week in week out.

Can see a few out - few in during the mid-season transfer window

Middle table would do me.

2 hours ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Where does it say that Cup games won't be covered? Because they definitely are, why wouldn't they be?

Here's the email I got. Same as the message on the website after purchase:

You have subscribed to FalkirkTV, this subscription for one year. This covers Home games and hopefully some away games, but not Cup Games

Any questions, please contact us via the Support Icon on http://falkirktv.uk (bottom right)

I think this is the hardest to predict championships in my life time. You simply could chuck the 10 names in the air and see where they land. Every single one of the 10 will be aiming for the promotion play offs. There is no real clear favourite for the league - Livi, Raith and Partick will all fancy it. There is also no real clear favourite for relegation. Turning draws into wins will be so crucial this year I feel. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So many variables and will be a dog-eat-dog league. Can see 12 points being the difference between play off positions for promotion - relegation. Lot will depend on the start we get as something of an unknown quantity and how the invincible's cope against higher quality week in week out.

Can see a few out - few in during the mid-season transfer window

Middle table would do me.

Injuries to me will decide our season. If we can get through relatively unscathed then playoffs should be a possibility. Injuries like Dunfermline though and we will be mid table at best.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think we can overestimate the value of Aiden Nesbitt to our team. His energy levels keep us ticking, he’ll track back and help out at the back too. Great asset to have and to think a lot didn’t agree with his contact extension. I’ve learned like others that John knows best.

My biggest criticism of Nesbitt was his lack of goals and assists. Obviously last season this greatly improved. One thing I noticed when watching a compilation of all the league goals last season was just how good a lot of Aiden’s were. I can only assume it’s a part of his game he has been working on

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

It will be a strange feeling getting beat on a regular basis again

What makes you think we will get beat on a regular basis? The jump in level is by no means as massive as you are making out.

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Alloa not get the message that they're playing in a friendly?

Yeah they’ve been a bit rough. Impressed with Adams so far 

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I think this is the hardest to predict championships in my life time. You simply could chuck the 10 names in the air and see where they land. Every single one of the 10 will be aiming for the promotion play offs. There is no real clear favourite for the league - Livi, Raith and Partick will all fancy it. There is also no real clear favourite for relegation. Turning draws into wins will be so crucial this year I feel. 

Which is good for the game, the players, the club and the fans.

Alloa have played pretty well today. Quite physical too. Their keeper is decent

4 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

It’s the Scottish Championship not the Champions League.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

What makes you think we will get beat on a regular basis? The jump in level is by no means as massive as you are making out.

Look at the Championship table last year, just about every team got beat on a regular basis apart from Dundee United, Raith and Partick. All the rest got beat at least every third game or more.  That would qualify for a reguar basis.  ?????