The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah he's actually a right back, just filling in there due to injuries but he done well.

Felt sorry for Luke Rankin as he didn't have much service today but by christ the boy knows where the net is, brilliant finish.

Rankin is a former academy player. 15 games, 14 goals, 13 assists in his final U18 season. Club let him go.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Good post, as soon as the celebrations calmed down, took stalk of the forthcoming season and how the club would react going forward. Very happy with all the decisions on players signed and resigned.

The STs have been way ahead of expectations. The merchandise has been the best that I can remember and proud to say that I’ve be able to get one of the invincible limited edition tops.
However back to reality and after today’s feisty game, and McGlynns post match interview, more than concerned with our CB injuries.  Donaldson has now missed nearly three months and with Tam out it’s very worrying. 
Add Morrisons injury and really hoping  it’s not the same issues that needed Morrison & Tam to go surgery.
For me thought we’d need another CB, we’ve got four weeks till the real football starts, hopefully it all comes good. 

Real football starts next week. Qualifying from the league cup groups means generating the equivalent amount of cash as having an extra 200 FSS members over a year. 

Significant cash to be made from the league cup if taken seriously.

Edited by latapythelegend

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

The STs have been way ahead of expectations. The merchandise has been the best that I can remember and proud to say that I’ve be able to get one of the invincible limited edition tops.

Shame none of the proceeds of which are going to the manager to strengthen an already stretched squad. Meanwhile other clubs are signing players left, right and centre. I'll bet McGlynn is less than impressed with the backing he has received after last season.

11 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

Shame none of the proceeds of which are going to the manager to strengthen an already stretched squad. Meanwhile other clubs are signing players left, right and centre. I'll bet McGlynn is less than impressed with the backing he has received after last season.

Do we know what backing he's received? Has his budget increased / reduced from last season and if so by how much? And most importantly, does that information come from a credible source that we can all look at rather than hearsay. 

29 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

You’re just making stuff up now. 

The standard answer from fans on budgets has always been to demand that the BOD spend more. That's been the way of things for the 40+ years I've been watching the club. 

If you have a club with rich owners, or people who're continually bigging themselves up because they're so special that they're needed on the board of their local institution, then that's fine. They make themselves fair game for such demands because of either their wealth or their behaviour. 

Falkirk are no longer in that position. The club is owned by us fans and we decide who serves on the board. The days of (relatively) rich sugar daddies are gone. 

So I don't quite get the demand for the board to spend more. They're presumably spending all the club can afford. Are these demands being made by people who don't understand the difference between past and present? Or are they part of the past and just want an excuse to criticise the present? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Do we know what backing he's received? Has his budget increased / reduced from last season and if so by how much? And most importantly, does that information come from a credible source that we can all look at rather than hearsay. 

Think it’s best just to ignore that post you are replying to for the obvious shit stirring, trolling, attention seeking nonsense that it is. Don’t waste you’re time trying to engage in a logical discussion, I doubt the poster has any interest in that so will not be interested in listening to the facts when the facts don’t suit his or hers agenda. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

We don’t know that to be fair. The board have said they’ll do all they can to increase the playing budget and they’ve said they’ve done just that to a mid table level at least. They are doing the right thing to balance being competitive versus risking the club imho. 

17 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

We don’t know that to be fair. The board have said they’ll do all they can to increase the playing budget and they’ve said they’ve done just that to a mid table level at least. They are doing the right thing to balance being competitive versus risking the club imho. 

Give a man a podcast and he becomes WAY too polite.  Just tell the op to stfu.

i suspect the manager will want more money and this is probably the case with all managers, even Pep.

At the AGM and repeatedly in interviews since McGlynn has said, this is a championship squad, he trusts the players, he wants his business done early, quality over quantity etc. Since the turn of the year he extended the contracts of Nicky Hogarth, Leon McCann, Liam Henderson, Coll Donaldson, Sean Mackie, Brad Spencer, Finn Yeats, Callumn Morrison (where we pushed the boat out), Gary Oliver and Ryan Shanley. As well as signing Ethan Ross, Dylan Tait, Jamie Sneddon and Michael McKenna. That's 14 "new" signings if we'd had a clear out in May. 15 if you include the emergence of Adams.

It's clear not so Super Simon is a troll and looking to stir the shit, 14 posts and living in Fife, enough said.

We do have cause for concern with so many injuries to key players but lets get behind the manager and the team, like we did today.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

The money could have been there had we not given 1 or 2 players new deals ie Gary Oliver, as much as I actually do like him it seemed like a bit of a pointless re-signing for me.

True but I think we need to give McGlynn the credit he deserves as he hasn’t made many mistakes when it’s come to signing or re-signing players. If he has chosen to use part of the budget re-signing squad player types like Oliver or Mackie (both of whom I rate) then he’s earned the right for us as fans to trust his decisions on that and for what it’s worth I can see the logic in giving both these guys new deals anyway. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Get another centre back in pronto please. Already thought we were light in that area but with the injuries we definitely need another body in that area. Tom Lang is a rolls Royce of a defender, but by god is he injury prone. Looking through his stats I don’t think he’s came close to a being fit a full season. 

34 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Get another centre back in pronto please. Already thought we were light in that area but with the injuries we definitely need another body in that area. Tom Lang is a rolls Royce of a defender, but by god is he injury prone. Looking through his stats I don’t think he’s came close to a being fit a full season. 

We will need one. Who knows when Donaldson will be back considering he’s now got a different pain and Lang will constantly have these knee issues. One game back and his knee has flared up again.

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are we fucked with injuries ? If we are we’ll hopefully get another couple of players in budget allowing.

Only Lang, Donaldson, McCann and Morrison out for goodness knows how long 😆

Full faith in Mcglynn after the last 2 seasons.

Would not have extended a couple of contracts this summer which would have allowed budget for another CB, so he can’t really complain/seek pity if we’re short after a couple of injuries. Them’s the breaks.