The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just catching up and wanted to mention that I really enjoy Falkirk Daft and appreciate what @RC55 FFCand the guys do in their own time to entertain us and the effort they go to to get different guests on.

Do I agree with all their views ? Absolutely not but their is no doubt they love the club and some of the flack they are getting is unwarranted.

Keep up the good work guys.

John and I barely agree with each other so it’s all good 😂

Cheers for the feedback sir.

Edited by RC55 FFC

45 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

P&B would cease to exist if we all agreed about everything! 

Credit to Ross and John that they're honesty and candour means they've become faces that fans can attribute contrary views to.

I'm sure it'll be addressed on this week's podcast and has provided some grist for the mill on here.

Such is life, you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

I’m sure it'll come up on the next one 😂. Which will be recorded Sunday evening reviewing United, Ayr & Buckie and previewing the Stenhousemuir tie with Craig Telfer from AVFTT

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just catching up and wanted to mention that I really enjoy Falkirk Daft and appreciate what @RC55 FFCand the guys do in their own time to entertain us and the effort they go to to get different guests on.

Do I agree with all their views ? Absolutely not but their is no doubt they love the club and some of the flack they are getting is unwarranted.

Keep up the good work guys.

Agreed- to me there’s no point having an unofficial club podcast if people can’t share their views honestly.

Clearly things are going well at the club atm, but Falkirk Daft do a good job of challenging and criticising when necessary.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Agreed- to me there’s no point having an in oficial club podcast if people can’t put share their views honestly.

Clearly things are going well at the club atm, but Falkirk Daft do a good job of challenging and criticising when necessary.

This. The podcast should, and does reflect the opinions of "normal" fans. The guys do a fantastic job discussing in a manner fans would in the pub. I like this and it's the reason I watch every week. I think they should continue to discuss grey areas such as competition for McIvor and are the club asking for money too much as two such examples.

Keep up the excellent work it's much appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone but him

I think he’s okay. his Anti Falkirk patter is just a windup. I really enjoy his coverage on the podcast of the lower leagues (especially the four hour preview that he does every year ) and I can’t be the only one because the Terrace Podcast has its highest figures for the lower league shows.  The Premier League podcasts are boring as f**k.

Edited by Roboccop

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone but him

They only have about 3 fans, there's not much to pick from 😉

I like him, he has his own opinions but always comes across as someone who loves and cares about his club, something I'm sure we can all relate to. He's always well researched.  I really don't understand how people get wound up by his anti Falkirk agenda, it's all an act.

5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I like him, he has his own opinions but always comes across as someone who loves and cares about his club, something I'm sure we can all relate to. He's always well researched.  I really don't understand how people get wound up by his anti Falkirk agenda, it's all an act.

I must know the other two then as I worked with them and they absolutely despise us. I never bothered about them until I realised how much hatred they have for us.

16 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Be careful. He posts on P&B. His head will only get bigger……

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

The real test of the surfaces will be in the winter months. However, anecdotally, it's been apparent that the wet summer we've had has made it difficult for groundsman in Scotland - whether that is more so than usual remains to be seen.

The 12 will be under heavy scrutiny to see how the teams 6th - 12th fair in relation to playing surfaces.

Will hybrid surface go as well? Can't see it with Celtic, Hearts, Rangers having them.

Anybody clarify?

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will hybrid surface go as well? Can't see it with Celtic, Hearts, Rangers having them.

Anybody clarify?

There will be a caveat that says they are allowed im sure. 

16 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

There will be a % grass stipulation which is how the poorer surfaces will be allowed to remain playable even though they will look horrendous in comparison. 

It will be anything but the lush, green carpets the "grass only" brigade have in their minds.

34 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Will or is? it's is a farce. Clubs have to be making financial plans 2-3-4 years ahead to conform to the new regulations and will require certainly on the options available.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I must know the other two then as I worked with them and they absolutely despise us. I never bothered about them until I realised how much hatred they have for us.

Don’t get this to be honest, most Falkirk fans I know living in the area would all probably say they like to see Steny doing well. At worst Falkirk fans just don’t really give a f**k about Steny, I wonder what we’ve done to upset them. 

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

The real test of the surfaces will be in the winter months. However, anecdotally, it's been apparent that the wet summer we've had has made it difficult for groundsman in Scotland - whether that is more so than usual remains to be seen.

The 12 will be under heavy scrutiny to see how the teams 6th - 12th fair in relation to playing surfaces.

Is underground heating mandatory for the top 12, or was that another one binned ?

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Agreed- to me there’s no point having an unofficial club podcast if people can’t share their views honestly.

And “ordinary” fans can happily challenge their views if they disagree

3 hours ago, Roboccop said:

I think he’s okay. his Anti Falkirk patter is just a windup. I really enjoy his coverage on the podcast of the lower leagues (especially the four hour preview that he does every year ) and I can’t be the only one because the Terrace Podcast has its highest figures for the lower league shows.  The Premier League podcasts are boring as f**k.

It isn’t a wind up he truely hates Falkirk as do 99% of Stenhousemuir supporters 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Don’t get this to be honest, most Falkirk fans I know living in the area would all probably say they like to see Steny doing well. At worst Falkirk fans just don’t really give a f**k about Steny, I wonder what we’ve done to upset them. 

Maybe a kind of analogy would help you understand? If you swapped England for Falkirk, and Scotland for Stenny, would you get it? I know a few English that patronise us and say they want Scotland to do well, whereas I don't know any Scots who want England to do well. I believe the same is for Stenny fans towards us.