The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

In terms of @Senor Bairnsaying he thinks another 2 players might come in, I wouldn't be surprised either if by the end of August we have another 2 or so in. For reasons he's stated, if we get out of our League Cup group, Jordan Allan leaves and also I might be wrong but I thought JS said we were budgeting for 3,200/3,300 season tickets, last count we were nearing 4,000. Appreciate we had to secure existing players/loan players but thats still a helluva uplift on the finances budgeted for.

Purely from a money perspective, if we get out the group stage, an away tie at either Rangers. Celtic, Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would further increase our loan / transfer kitty. Not sure if the way the Premier Cup is drawn allows for this, but we could say, sod it, and get behind an early season cup run to Hampden. We gain either way.

49 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

how many of us venture over to COYB?  have you seen the meltdown over the pie prices? just weird.

Have thought the same. Genuinely didn't think it would be this big an issue but seems they are organising a full boycott of the stalls. Definitely feel for those who have been priced out of a tradition but with cost of living the fact prices haven't risen previously is surprising.

8 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Have thought the same. Genuinely didn't think it would be this big an issue but seems they are organising a full boycott of the stalls. Definitely feel for those who have been priced out of a tradition but with cost of living the fact prices haven't risen previously is surprising.

Never buy anything from them (for quality reasons rather than cost) but a boycott sounds a good idea to me. As said by others earlier in the thread it's supply and demand in action. 

It looks like profiteering to me rather than a natural increase so I hope the stalls are empty until there's a rebalance .

Just thinking back to Brockville and wondering idly why there weren't multiple deaths through poisoning given the dubious food hygiene around the pies which I used to scarf every game.

9 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

how many of us venture over to COYB?  have you seen the meltdown over the pie prices? just weird.

I think the reaction is a bit over the top but £5.50 for one of those crap rollover hotdogs is ripping the piss. 

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think the reaction is a bit over the top but £5.50 for one of those crap rollover hotdogs is ripping the piss. 

It is but when you compare it to the cinema or a theme park it’s about the same or less. I’ve noticed “event” prices for food and drink in general have shot right up in the last 18 months.

The other thing people will notice this season is the increase in match day ticket costs at away grounds. We will be pretty cheap in comparison although I’d wager it will increase next season in line with them. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I've never been able to see the COYB page

image.thumb.png.8133312f5ea288c6c0d891187ed1a8ba.png

Don't really do Facebook so not sure if I'm doing something wrong 

Lucky you. 

I do find it amusing sometimes when you see on Twitter and forums 'It costs me £600 a game to see [insert team here]' Facking ridiculous modern football costs.

Ticket - 40

Train -30

Food at ground - 20

Post match meal at Michelin restaurant-260

Pre and post match beers -150

Lady of the Night - 100

40 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The other thing people will notice this season is the increase in match day ticket costs at away grounds. We will be pretty cheap in comparison although I’d wager it will increase next season in line with them. 

Surely the club will have set the costs in line with what we’re getting charged, would be pissed of if the likes of visiting Ayr and Partick is more expensive than ours.

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Surely the club will have set the costs in line with what we’re getting charged, would be pissed of if the likes of visiting Ayr and Partick is more expensive than ours.

I think our gate prices are frozen as promised in line with ST prices being froze. 

11 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

I think I can understand the frustration, even if I haven't/wouldn't react in the same way. It is a significant jump in prices, and unlike other areas of club, it's probably the one time that fans weren't informed of a change prior to rocking up at the stadium. 

37 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think our gate prices are frozen as promised in line with ST prices being froze. 

Had a look online and we are indeed the cheapest in the league currently for walk up tickets:

Ayr Utd are yet to publish. But others are:

Falkirk £21 (£22 prime) 

Airdrie £22

Partick £22

Morton £22

Queens Park £22

Dunfermline £23

Raith Rovers £24

Livingston £24

Hamilton £26

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Had a look online and we are indeed the cheapest in the league currently for walk up tickets:

Falkirk £21 (£22 prime) 

Airdrie £22

Partick £22

Morton £22

Queens Park £22

Dunfermline £23

Raith Rovers £24

Livingston £24

Hamilton £26

I know there was a promise made to fans but in general I would not have been against paying more this season, fan owned club now and most folk realise every penny is reinvested back into the club or playing budget. Hard one for the club to balance as there will be fans out there who I know appreciate the fact our season tickets and gate prices are relatively cheap. 

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Falkirk £21 (£22 prime) 

Airdrie £22

Partick £22

Morton £22

Queens Park £22

Dunfermline £23

Raith Rovers £24

Livingston £24

Hamilton £26

Re: admission costs and catering prices, I think that there is a degree of psychology involved. £21 to get in then £7 for a pie and Bovril seems a bit much. However, if we charged £23 to get in and then it costs £5 for a pie and Bovril sounds about right. Or maybe it is just me?