The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Accies' owner is putting in wads of cash and they will no doubt run with a #phat bloated squad like last year. Airdrie are skinto and McCabe probably reckons he can improve their squad elsewhere instead, he has a good track record tbf. Don't think Todorov would be guaranteed a start for them this season 

Our budget will be one of the lowest but wouldn’t say we’re quite ‘skinto’ given what we earned last season through different competitions and player sales and this looks to have been reinvested this transfer window. 

We signed 3 strikers in the summer and I think he’s just realised his playing time will be a lot more limited this season. Which is a shame as he still has a lot to offer and is a bit of a cult hero. That being said if the extra wages are used to bring in a decent centre half I’d take it.

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Accies' owner is putting in wads of cash and they will no doubt run with a #phat bloated squad like last year. Airdrie are skinto and McCabe probably reckons he can improve their squad elsewhere instead, he has a good track record tbf. Don't think Todorov would be guaranteed a start for them this season 

aye, that is fair. Interesting to see how they fit in Shaw, Ohara, Henderson and Todarov. Ohara/Hendo I assume will be more out wide

19 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Our budget will be one of the lowest but wouldn’t say we’re quite ‘skinto’ given what we earned last season through different competitions and player sales and this looks to have been reinvested this transfer window. 

We signed 3 strikers in the summer and I think he’s just realised his playing time will be a lot more limited this season. Which is a shame as he still has a lot to offer and is a bit of a cult hero. That being said if the extra wages are used to bring in a decent centre half I’d take it.

I was unaware you's had signed 3 strikers to be fair, that makes more sense then.

Still surprised Hamilton got him, thought he might've got a better offer.

18 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

aye, that is fair. Interesting to see how they fit in Shaw, Ohara, Henderson and Todarov. Ohara/Hendo I assume will be more out wide

Henderson has mostly played out wide for us. O'Hara will probably be more a backup for us this season I would expect. Henderson might be as well depending on what else happens in this window. 

3 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Henderson has mostly played out wide for us. O'Hara will probably be more a backup for us this season I would expect. Henderson might be as well depending on what else happens in this window. 

How has Henderson been in an Accies fan view? He looked very exciting at Alloa but never impressed vs us last season tbh

10 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

How has Henderson been in an Accies fan view? He looked very exciting at Alloa but never impressed vs us last season tbh

I quite like him and was happy that he signed a new contract. He started last season very well scoring a few goals and being one of our standouts he got dropped for a bit but came alive again near the end of last season and was very impressive in the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Sorry, I think everyone took my post wrongly. I was more winking about BPMs post on the back of the debate a few days ago about needing another forward as well as MacIver.

Sorry troops, no idea if we will sign anyone at all. 

Sorry to correct you again. The debate was to replace MacIver not an addition. 😉

21 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

He may have but I think it's a pretty fair assumption that with Allan moving on we'll be looking to bring someone else in.

We've only got a squad of 20 senior players now Allan's left.

We’ve got to trust the manager on board on this. 

Already this season we’ve got 3 defenders out injured and Morrison has had a knock. We’ll inevitably pick up more up injuries and suspensions throughout the season so 20 isn’t enough.

McGlynn will know this better than me so I think we can expect 2 maybe 3 loans to come in late in the window.

Morrison's knee flaring up again is a bit of a bummer. Nesbitt also maybe out so I'd go with the below today. 

Hogarth
Yeats Adams Hendo Mackie
Spencer Tait
Ross Mckenna Miller
MacIver

Prefer seeing Ross out wide as he gets a bit lost when he's playing as the 10 and goes missing.

I hope this gives McKenna a chance of a start in his favoured position behind the striker. Ross and Alfie can both do a decent job short term for Morrison, both have great ability but haven’t quite got the consistent goals or assists so far. McGlynn pre-match suggests we are going for it over the next two games so should be good to watch

Disappointing news about Morrison but I would definitely give Alfie the chance to start in his natural position. Thought he often did well coming off the bench last season but understandably found his opportunities to start limited.

15 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I hope this gives McKenna a chance of a start in his favoured position behind the striker. Ross and Alfie can both do a decent job short term for Morrison, both have great ability but haven’t quite got the consistent goals or assists so far. McGlynn pre-match suggests we are going for it over the next two games so should be good to watch

Thought Alfie’s stats were decent last season tbf given his game time- 8 goals and 4 assists.

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Thought Alfie’s stats were decent last season tbf given his game time- 8 goals and 4 assists.

Agree, he's unlucky having Morrison in his position.  Would like to see how he'd get on up top as back up to MacIver

If I'm honest I thought Agyeman had less of an impact as last season went on and ended up ineffectual in his sub appearances. Probably a vicious cycle with his game time decreasing and not gaining momentum as Morrison was so good.

Hopefully he kicks on this season 

Edited by ilostmyself

14 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I quite like him and was happy that he signed a new contract. He started last season very well scoring a few goals and being one of our standouts he got dropped for a bit but came alive again near the end of last season and was very impressive in the playoffs. 

He's one of Hamilton's best players in my opinion. Why he didn't get more game time last season only your manager knows. Quite incredible some of the players he picked ahead of him.