The Falkirk FC Thread

That was a hiding. Stenny had nothing. We shouldn’t take that for granted when you look at how some of our fellow Championship sides did. Really didn’t expect that from Ayr. 

Big takeaway for me is that the squad is well up for it. A characteristic of each game is that we should have scored many more. Get that right and it’ll be interesting. QP looking decent though, even if their fans are in the Doldrums. 

Totally comfortable game for us and could well have scored more. Brilliant to top the group, especially given our injury issues.

Maciver and Tait will get deserved plaudits but Adams was excellent at right back. Good to have options there now.

Thought Stenny were a bunch of hatchet men and offered nothing. Think they’re worth a few quid to finish bottom next season.

Hopefully we get a decent draw and McGlynn can get the funds to bring in an extra striker. Losing Maciver could be the biggest risk to our season as I just don’t think Shanley is near the same level.

Another good thing about this cup is the competitiveness. Adams being chucked in due to injury and he’s now played 3 almost flawless competitive 90 minutes for us - hard to drop him now. Friendlies wouldn’t have done that. A good dilemma for Mcglynn 

15 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That an extra 60k in the bank?

It's £60k minimum if we go out in the next round before any TV games are decided. It's £30k if our match is selected, whether H or A.

Little Ayr in 3rd will pick up £34k.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

12 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Totally comfortable game for us and could well have scored more. Brilliant to top the group, especially given our injury issues.

Maciver and Tait will get deserved plaudits but Adams was excellent at right back. Good to have options there now.

Thought Stenny were a bunch of hatchet men and offered nothing. Think they’re worth a few quid to finish bottom next season.

Hopefully we get a decent draw and McGlynn can get the funds to bring in an extra striker. Losing Maciver could be the biggest risk to our season as I just don’t think Shanley is near the same level.

Have you ever made a post where you didn't mention that you don't think Shanley is good enough for the championship?

That second half was Harlem Globetrotters stuff. Delightful. 

Stenny time-wasting at nil nil, leaving the boot in all over and Darren Jamieson still being a massive p***k made it extra pleasing. 

Once again, you've seen the Bairns, now get to f**k off our land

Just now, AndrewFFC said:

Have you ever made a post where you didn't mention that you don't think Shanley is good enough for the championship?

He said the same about Aiden Nesbit, John Mcglynn and Ross McIver in the past in fairness. Hopefully the same trend continues with Shanley! 

Shanley was unlucky with a couple of headers - one of which was a great save by Jamieson in all honesty.

However, his shooting left a lot to be desired. Everything powderpuff and down Jamieson's throat.

Just now, Blame Me said:

Shanley was unlucky with a couple of headers - one of which was a great save by Jamieson in all honesty.

However, his shooting left a lot to be desired. Everything powderpuff and down Jamieson's throat.

Yeah mixed bag. Some of those shots he did well to get them away or carve out the chance, but he really has to be more clinical, and very notably, so does Ethan Ross. 

Felt Nesbitt was a big miss in the first half and would rather see McKenna replace him in future if he's out. Oliver neat and tidy but not creative enough 

We were coming back from holiday and passed the stadium with about 10mins to go to see quite a few Stenny fans leaving in their cars.

I gave them a friendly wave as we drove past.

Keelan Adams.... What a find. Outstanding performance. He has some speed on him and was outrunning every player on that park at times. Tackles were excellent as well, the number of times he won the ball back potentially outperformed all the other defenders on the park. Very impressed. Right back definitely showcases his speed and attacking threat far more, looking forward to seeing how he develops over the season. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Felt Nesbitt was a big miss in the first half and would rather see McKenna replace him in future if he's out. Oliver neat and tidy but not creative enough 

For me, the jury is very much out on McKenna at the moment. Whether it's the switch to full-time or playing catch-up in pre-season he hasn't impressed me.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

For me, the jury is very much out on McKenna at the moment. Whether it's the switch to full-time or playing catch-up in pre-season he hasn't impressed me.

Wondered why he wasn't in instead of Oliver. Is it fitness? I don't think Oliver had the best game today although didn't do anything hugely wrong.