The Falkirk FC Thread

Genuinely running out of words for this team of players. 

You could name any player for MOTM and Keelan Adams would probably have been my choice but a special mention for Brad Spencer who is easily a 9/10 every single game. 

19 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Saw Coll in car park and honked my horn he came over was told he was god and we fist bumped. My partner is going to wonder why I get knuckles tattooed on my right hand fingers. 

Hope the big man has a great night getting it right up his brothers (not in a Fife sense!)

44 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

It’s a travesty that McGlynn doesn’t have the money Partick, Ayr and Raith seem to have because I think he’d have us walk this league on current ability. 

Surely today - especially if a draw against either of the Glaswegian Gruesome Twosome follows tomorrow - will finally be enough to allow McGlynn the financial wherewithal to bring in a couple of players to bulk up what is a pretty thin squad and give us a real shot at things this season? Surely.

On the game, a dodgy first half hour or so, when we could and should have been two or three goals down, were it not for Hogarth choosing to have by far his finest game in a Falkirk shirt, was followed by undoubtedly the most professional performance we have produced under McGlynn, relative to the strength of the opposition we were facing. We'll go some to top that second half performance. And all achieved without big players in Morrison, Nesbitt, Lang. Beating Hearts always has been, and always will be, a great laugh. Outstanding.

I’ve reflected on this what I’ve seen today and I genuinely think we could, on our day, beat every side left in the tournament at Falkirk Stadium except for Celtic.

Its a long shot, but if Hibs somehow get a win at Parkhead tomorrow, this is the most competitive last 8 in a Scottish cup format tournament for a long, long time.

46 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Not long ago 99% of Falkirk fans were wanting rid of him.

well done John mcglyn.

That’s a very specific number. Can you share the research and evidence of that?

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know that Steaua Bucharest done it in the 80’s and I’m pretty sure that Al Ahly have done it in the 2000’s mate.

Al Ahly ?

Is that where the big ship sailed down oh

54 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

Surely today - especially if a draw against either of the Glaswegian Gruesome Twosome follows tomorrow - will finally be enough to allow McGlynn the financial wherewithal to bring in a couple of players to bulk up what is a pretty thin squad and give us a real shot at things this season? Surely.

On the game, a dodgy first half hour or so, when we could and should have been two or three goals down, were it not for Hogarth choosing to have by far his finest game in a Falkirk shirt, was followed by undoubtedly the most professional performance we have produced under McGlynn, relative to the strength of the opposition we were facing. We'll go some to top that second half performance. And all achieved without big players in Morrison, Nesbitt, Lang. Beating Hearts always has been, and always will be, a great laugh. Outstanding.

I always fancy us to beat Hearts, particularly at home.

Conversely I always expect Aberdeen to pump us and never expect to do anything against them.

6 minutes ago, malbairn said:

My first post here please be gentle. Thought there were so many great performances throughout the team today which previous posters have covered but I thought I’d shoutout Finn Yeats who despite being out the team recently came off the bench, (technically) out of position and pressed and hounded Hearts and was generally all over them. Feels so comforting to know that if there’s an injury at FB or in CM we’ve got a guy chomping at the bit with so much quality who we can bring in. Very astute sub by McGlynn at the time who I thought managed the game superbly. 

Your son was superb today.

What a day. Again. What a club. 💙

Nothing to fear this year in the league & we won’t play ANYONE as good as Hearts. Bring on Thistle!

That was special again today. F***ing love this football club.