The Falkirk FC Thread

Big Gordon McFarlane would have been 70 today. He would have loved the way the club has bounced back. Can’t help but miss talking to him about the club. He was Falkirk Daft. 

On 20/08/2024 at 19:52, BPM said:

Assuming McGlynn gets some money from the LC run and the CF area being where we are most exposed I liked to look of Alfie Bavage at Aberdeen who was on loan at Kelty last season. 

https://t.co/5sB3ovAJSc

Not sure he would have suited playing as a lone striker anyway, he seemed better out wide(with the caveat being he was only playing Layton Bisland)

Bobby Wales appears to have forced himself into Killie's plans so options are fairly limited up here.

Edited by FFC 1876

25 minutes ago, BPM said:

Big Gordon McFarlane would have been 70 today. He would have loved the way the club has bounced back. Can’t help but miss talking to him about the club. He was Falkirk Daft. 

Aye, he's a big miss mate. 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

He really was 💙

2 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Will this be a ST match for their fans?

No but they have a home cup top up scheme that means they need to buy their own seat automatically if drawn at home. The up side is it means they’ve more of a chance of a semi or final ticket when they get to them apparently (if they sign up)

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Brad Spencer deserves a song. 

100%. He is raising his game this season IMO. I actually think he's looked better in the last 3 games than anytime I seen him last season which was a high bar as it is. He's strolled around like Pirlo the last few weeks

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

100%. He is raising his game this season IMO. I actually think he's looked better in the last 3 games than anytime I seen him last season which was a high bar as it is. He's strolled around like Pirlo the last few weeks

I think so far this season he’s been our best player. 

43 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The more I think about it, the more us having a midfield pairing of Spencer and Tait in League One should have been illegal.  A proper violation.

To think if John Rankin had been able to get the best out of Dylan it might never have happened too.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

To think if John Rankin had been able to get the best out of Dylan it might never have happened too.

That would have required Rankin to not be a useless wee clown, so you can see why it never materialised 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think that would have made a difference. I think Dylan was destined to be a Falkirk player come that next window 😉

As strikers go and I doubt very much if it will happen any time soon but i wouldn't be surprised if Jamie Gullan isn't on McGlynn's radar as a potential signing. Now playing in Ireland I think. 

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Rovers claiming they got Jamieson in front of several other Championship clubs too. Doubt we would have been one though.

The longer this saga goes on at Raith the more I think Potter is getting this job, especially if they are signing players. What manager in his right mind is going to accept a set up in Scotland that the DOF is signing the players? Gary Holt esq stuff.