The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Agree, we’ve started off really well (team looks absolutely togetherness) but feet on the ground. We’re lucky that we can switch/interchange Miller Ross Morrison and Alfie. Defensively we cannot change the back four, as strong a back four I’ve seen (can argue who is the best LB, but Mackie yesterday looked the slot is now his since signing) my concern is the two positions - CB & CF. With no signs of Lang returning, and hopefully McIver stays injury free, these are the slots I’d bring in cover for,  if we could get some of the Tic tie money. That apart if we can stay relatively injury free, I don’t think we’ll be far away. 

we had 5 missing against hearts and look how that turned out. the manager has built an impressive squad with a lot of cover. 

1 minute ago, AJ1981 said:

i waited to respond to this as i wanted to check with somebody ITK. the norm in football is the home club takes the advice and details  from the visiting clubs on a whole range of things and needs, likes buses, parking, disability access, banning orders, risk of trouble and predicted attendance usually based on how many travelled in the weeks before. in this case PT turned up with nearly 40% more people than the club were told by the PT reps earlier in the week and all with ten to fifteen minutes or so to go, prob because of the traffic. this ties up with a number of the comments earlier. it did lead to a shit outcome fro the PT fans outside and bad press for the club. perhaps the lesson is to have no PATG and make it all ticket. 

I'm not at the point of digging Falkirk out over this, just a general point that for me, as much should be done as humanly possible for the customer in this scenario. Thats not to say you can't get caught out as we seem to have been, just that they paying fan missing out on the first 10 mins of the match likely doesn't give a f**k about conversations between club reps in the week and just wants what they paid for. I see no realistic issue with staffing 4 turnstiles where its remotely foreseeable to be needed. Basically, you can forget about QP, but everyone else could face issues depending on how they are playing at the point we meet them. 

28 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

we had 5 missing against hearts and look how that turned out. the manager has built an impressive squad with a lot of cover. 

I will trust McGlynn on who we need brought in. I dont doubt for one minute that he has a plan for most situations and will be looking for the right players to fit . He was stung by Allan and the boy from Ross County.

50 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

i waited to respond to this as i wanted to check with somebody ITK. the norm in football is the home club takes the advice and details  from the visiting clubs on a whole range of things and needs, likes buses, parking, disability access, banning orders, risk of trouble and predicted attendance usually based on how many travelled in the weeks before. in this case PT turned up with nearly 40% more people than the club were told by the PT reps earlier in the week and all with ten to fifteen minutes or so to go, prob because of the traffic. this ties up with a number of the comments earlier. it did lead to a shit outcome fro the PT fans outside and bad press for the club. perhaps the lesson is to have no PATG and make it all ticket. 

Or just have all four turnstiles open.

I thought we'd win the Championship towards the end of last season. Not seen anything yet to change my mind. 

I'd be amazed if we don't finish top 3. Luck with injuries will decide if we finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd. If we keep this 20 fit we will win it imo. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Every team in the league will be running tight squads. Therefore, the more flexibility the players have to play in different positions the bigger the advantage over the season. There is only one player who we do not have a like for like replacement for the inevitable injury - suspension - McIvor. That bodes well when we go looking for either a signing or a loan player with a nod and a wink - you will get your chance. Going to be interesting on who we bring in.

Partick have 26 in theirs which is a lot at this level is say. They certainly have been investing the cash for a push at the league.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Accies with 27, you see where JR is going wrong and he still can't work out what his best squad is, which is prob where a number of teams are going wrong tbf.

They might have strength in depth but is the quality there with those additional players

58 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

true what about the crossfire gym?

They must have a plan B for their equipment as Hearts had the full stand open the week before.

FWIW my only gripe having seen all of the comments including Jamie’s on Twitter is that there appears to be an abundance of under used stewards in the home car park. 1 or 2 could have been brought over to help man 2 extra turnstiles. It wouldn’t have helped with the closed pie stall at that end but would have helped entry to the stadium. 

Agree that the way forward is just to make all games all ticket. We are so far down the road now since COVID that most fans know they can’t use cash on the day. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

OUT TOMORROW!

🆕🎙️EP:94 CAN’T START A FIRE

🔵 Review the 2-1 win over Thistle with Walking Down Hope Street Co-host Lewis Hoggan 🇧🇪
⚪️ NEW Guest Pundit quiz! 🎤
🔵 @FalkirkWomen_ bounce back! 6️⃣
⚪️ Preview Greenock Morton (A) with Ton’ fan and DJ - George Bowie AKA @GBXANTHEMS 🎧
🔵 PLUS all the latest FFC news & chat 🗞️

Sponsors - Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 🤝🏼

3D169ABE-45D4-4463-BC8A-C04B01454C65.thumb.jpeg.3d9a7d7e3ea894d8ed65da2ac773932a.jpeg

7 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Watching the Celtic game and don’t see anything to worry us.

Is this a continuation of the 'Keelan Adams is crap' patter? I'm getting mixed up 😆

10 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Of course it it tough it's what this league is about. Would have it no other ways and will be a good measure for the season ahead and an indicator of where we stand after Q1.

After Q1, the opposition will also have figured out our players , formation and tactics more. Q2 usually provides a much sterner test and the team that finds consistency of form, whilst staying free of injury / suspensions, will be up there challenging. Fingers crossed we stay lucky. 🤞

Edited by GunnerBairn

28 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

... 1 or 2 could have been brought over to help man 2 extra turnstiles. It wouldn’t have helped with the closed pie stall at that end but would have helped entry to the stadium...

Yes in theory but then you have queues forming in an active car park and someone has to manage that at the far away side.

Having not been in the NS for a long while I assume it's similar setup with automatic scanners? If so, then what was the hold up with e-tickets side? 

Get the argument re online only sales but that does seem to put less technically savvy off. Is a solution to offer e-tickets away from the turnstiles and allow cash/card with someone from the club operating it. Then fans just need to scan and enter.

I am still hesitant to blame the club entirely on this occasion.

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Yes in theory but then you have queues forming in an active car park and someone has to manage that at the far away side.

Having not been in the NS for a long while I assume it's similar setup with automatic scanners? If so, then what was the hold up with e-tickets side? 

Get the argument re online only sales but that does seem to put less technically savvy off. Is a solution to offer e-tickets away from the turnstiles and allow cash/card with someone from the club operating it. Then fans just need to scan and enter.

I am still hesitant to blame the club entirely on this occasion.

100% not on the club. Sounds like there was a range of factors, starting with Thistle underestimating their likely crowd. 

Re the car park, there are at least 3 stewards who don’t do anything bar stand at a temp fence to stop it being blown down by the wind. These guys could have been better utilised but I’m sure the club will be all over this in future and will end up having the inside of the stand ready just Incase for some fixtures (Pars, Raith, Thistle, Ayr & maybe Airdrie). 

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Accies with 27, you see where JR is going wrong and he still can't work out what his best squad is, which is prob where a number of teams are going wrong tbf.

They might have strength in depth but is the quality there with those additional players

We have a squad of 24 I don't really know where you've got 27 from. One of them is a youth 3rd choice keeper. And another Fergus Owens who is injured for the entire season. 

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

🎶 Has anyone else had a certain song in their head all weekend too? 😂

Aye and recent events have me thinking we've not heard a rendition of the McGlynn song for a while. Reckon tomorrow it might be an earwig again!

17 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Or just have all four turnstiles open.

Yeah..I'm not buying any excuse that justifies that not being the case.

We are definitely partly at fault here. 

I agree that making it ticket only is probably the best solution to avoid this happening again.