The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We have a squad of 24 I don't really know where you've got 27 from. One of them is a youth 3rd choice keeper. And another Fergus Owens who is injured for the entire season. 

Check your club website you have 27 players in your squad according to it. or have you not paid the website company for updating it ..lol 

On 24/08/2024 at 17:31, Newbornbairn said:

Why did the ref give a foul against Agyeman in the corner?

The refs have actually been briefed before the start of this season to clamp down on ball shielding with no attempt to control or play the ball being made.

Guaranteed that's the only time you see that applied at all this season though!

7 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

The refs have actually been briefed before the start of this season to clamp down on ball shielding with no attempt to control or play the ball being made.

Fair enough if the players on the ground but how's it a foul if the players just using his body to shield the ball? 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Fair enough if the players on the ground but how's it a foul if the players just using his body to shield the ball? 

Trying to find the article I read that mentioned this but having read the actual rule again there should have been no issue with what Alfie was doing anyway as the ball was entirely within touching distance.

Said from the first free kick he awarded on Saturday the referee wanted all the attention with his over the top dramatics.

3 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

... having read the actual rule again there should have been no issue with what Alfie was doing anyway as the ball was entirely within touching distance.

Aye. The interpretation of that rule, to me, is wild as any attempt by a player to shield the ball from another *should* be penalised since the "body" - torso only or are legs included?* - is the main means of shielding last time I looked.

* Removing your "body" from your legs is quite hard to do 🪚

15 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Aye. The interpretation of that rule, to me, is wild as any attempt by a player to shield the ball from another *should* be penalised since the "body" - torso only or are legs included?* - is the main means of shielding last time I looked.

* Removing your "body" from your legs is quite hard to do 🪚

Davie Nicholls was quite good at removing other players' bodies from their legs though.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Check your club website you have 27 players in your squad according to it. or have you not paid the website company for updating it ..lol 

Yeah that makes a bit more sense our club website isn't very reliable to say the least. some of those players won't be near the first team. A few of them are also already out on loan 1 at Annan and 2 at Darvel which they also haven't stated on the website. They also haven't updated Daire O'Connor on it who signed a few weeks ago now. Transfermarkt is much more reliable than our website which probably says everything.

44 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/weekend-in-numbers-50093?fbclid=IwY2xjawE5QmBleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHX-ntTKrfw0ivLOuGhaUchtpx7IjutEBDN9i9HZlX0ANji1yZxfw4r3NpA_aem_0rNUiZL2R_slcrP3h7VyXQ

image.png.83d82b01efbdb17ee5789211be6dda45.png

Only Celtic (twice) had longer unbeaten league runs in Scottish Football history.

Gonna be tough to keep it going but nothing surprises me now with this team 😍

Morton away 22nd February 2025 is on track to be the day we will set a new Scottish record then. 😄 

OUT NOW! 

🆕🎙️EP:94 CAN’T START A FIRE

🔵 Review the 2-1 win over Thistle with Walking Down Hope Street Co-host Lewis Hoggan 🇧🇪
⚪️ NEW Guest Pundit quiz! 🎤
🔵 @FalkirkWomen_ bounce back! 6️⃣
⚪️ Preview Greenock Morton (A) with Ton’ fan and DJ George Bowie AKA @GBXANTHEMS 🎧
🔵 PLUS all the latest FFC news & chat 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

Thanks as always to Headline Sponsors 🤝🏼

Falkirk FFIT T8’s who have just announced the Lava Cup is returning in 2025 at Falkirk Stadium 🏟️ &

Behind The Wall - Tickets remain on sale for W2 (U2 tribute) on Fri night 🎟️ & have limited bus seats remaining for the trip to Morton this Saturday 🚌

3D169ABE-45D4-4463-BC8A-C04B01454C65.thumb.jpeg.e65b8c318b7725c5f517a6034149910a.jpeg

1 hour ago, MulsonFFC said:

I be waiting patiently every game when defenders constantly block off our wingers so the ball can run out for goal kicks every week. 

I'd best not hold my breath though. 

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

So have we TBF.

20 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

At the risk of coming over miserly does anybody else think Stennie are seeking to milk us with their prices for a diddy cup fixture?

Yup I thought so too. May well cost them more money by putting folk off