The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Thought McKenna was really good when he came on today. Would really like to see him start next week for the first time. Oliver has been excellent these past few weeks but thought he offered very little today. 

I must've been watching the same game as the Cowshed linesman 🙈 - For me, McKenna struggles to play at the tempo we do so far.

43 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Thought McKenna was really good when he came on today. Would really like to see him start next week for the first time. Oliver has been excellent these past few weeks but thought he offered very little today. 

Yeah I thought he showed some great touches and put himself about a bit. His wee pass for Adams to get in behind was lovely.  Probably get even better as his match fitness improves. 

Back home after a clutterf**k of postponement trains but enjoying a few pints. Thought for the first twenty we were really poor, possession poor, outfield ball poor and didn’t match up to the opposition who clearly had done their homework. Disgusting refereeing again didn’t help and how the Fck some of those officiating at games get the slot is beyond comprehension. Roll on Brad and we came out our shells.
Second half was back to normal and Alfie’s goal epitomised the absolute belief in the team. 
Morton - they’ll take points off most teams and I’m sure McGlynn will look at the amount of chances they created. Good time to get a another Saturday away from winning the league…😉

Edited by Springfield

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

Oliver took a sore one early on may (or may not) have affected him. 

Never a great fan of Alfie last season but the big guy has been borderline unplayable when on the pitch this season and his goal was a thing of beauty.

Really felt my  age watching Moffat play for them, I signed his faither for I.C.I Juvs under 15’s thirty odd years ago!

The whining from some Morton fans that they had a stonewall penalty claim is nonsense, it was so stonewall that I can’t even remember the incident.

Finally Cappielow is a dirty, decrepit shite house and any talk of it being a proper old school football ground is just bollocks.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Oliver took a sore one early on may (or may not) have affected him. 

Never a great fan of Alfie last season but the big guy has been borderline unplayable when on the pitch this season and his goal was a thing of beauty.

Really felt my  age watching Moffat play for them, I signed his faither for I.C.I Juvs under 15’s thirty odd years ago!

The whining from some Morton fans that they had a stonewall penalty claim is nonsense, it was so stonewall that I can’t even remember the incident.

Finally Cappielow is a dirty, decrepit shite house and any talk of it being a proper old school football ground is just bollocks.

Owen Moffat came through the ranks of Falkirk before getting a move to Celtic at 7 or 8. Local lad as well. Denny area I think.

14 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Owen Moffat came through the ranks of Falkirk before getting a move to Celtic at 7 or 8. Local lad as well. Denny area I think.

The Moffat family are from Denny and his dad Allan is assistant manager at Dunipace.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Said on a few posts that the signing of this guy would transform/complement our team.

IMG_7242.jpeg

Seems as good a time as any for the almost weekly laugh at John Rankin.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Good Falkirk supporter wee muff back in the day. Good player in his day too.

His moffats on keelan was a shocker just a blatant out and out kick. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

Some character shown from the team to come back from 2-0 down and how poorly we were playing and also really shows off the depth we have in the team.

We actually started the game quite well with Keelan Adams getting in behind and having a cross blocked inside the first 30 seconds. That was as good as it got for us for about 25 minutes though as it was pretty much all Morton after that. Still at 0-0 Moffat fired a ball right across our box when he could have picked out a player instead. Felt we were struggling to figure out how to play against the kind of lopsided diamond that Morton were playing. Both goals we conceded were pretty identical and very, very poor defending from our point of view. The first was a great ball in from Crawford tbf but Boyes had a free header. Second pretty much came from exactly the same place we lost the first header in the box, didn't react and Baird had so much room at the back post.

It was then that we finally started to make some passes and start to properly start competing in the game. Obviously it was the opposite end of the park but did look like Tait was brought down in the box for the penalty which Spencer put away really well. The second came from some really good work down the left from Miller and then Tait slotted away into the far corner though did seem to go in slow motion. I'm sure the Morton penalty appeal came at 2-2 and did look like a foul to me but then I thought we had a decent appeal when Hendo I believe got a push from a corner. We were very unlucky not to be 3-2 up at half-time with Calvin Miller again having a shot cleared off the line.

Second half we were pretty much in control for the most part and I don't think we ever looked in real danger without creating much clear cut. We did have a lot of the ball in their box but just couldn't get a shot away. Then Alfie came on and took his goal so well. Letting the ball run across his body to take the defender out the game then put the ball into the far corner. We then seen the game out extremely comfortably for the last 15 minutes. 

I wasn't expecting much from JET but f**king hell he's terrible. Won about 2 headers all game and completely immobile. Absolutely no idea what he's expected to bring to a team. Imrie having a tear stained meltdown with his post match his hilarious considering his subs undoubtedly made Morton worse. Taking off their best players in Moffat, Wilson and Crawford left them with absolutely nothing. 

For us yet again Hendo was f**king class. Absolutely strolled it up against that big diddy and had the cigars out second half. I thought Spencer had a quiet game but from 30 minutes on Dylan Tait stepped up and f**king ran the show. He was everywhere in that second half and his quality was shining through. Thought Keelan Adams initially struggled up against Moffat but really grew into the game and improved as it went on. Ethan Ross is such a frustrating player he's got all the ability but most of the time his end product just isn't there also was definitely a dive in the second half. Sean Mackie was absolutely stinking the place out in the first half, he was slightly better in the second but that's definitely a massive step down comparing to the performances he's been putting in this season. Seen a few different comments about McKenna earlier in the thread and I didn't think he was particularly great when he came on. I just think it shows that he's new to the team and needs more time to adapt to the system. Thought Yeats coming on into midfield was perfect and his energy for the last 10 minutes and like I touched on Alfie was fantastic when he was on.  Had the left-back on toast, took his goal very well and was constantly a threat. He'll get a start at Stenny next week and really hope he takes the opportunity that his performances off the bench have deserved.