The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He had an up and down first half, in terms of definitely once, but maybe twice getting caught on the ball, and on probably two or three occasions not picking out Miller when he was the obvious attacking option, but he did some good in the first half aswell. Couple of crunching tackles and a great pass over the top for Millers 1 v 1.

The second half though, he was absolutely fantastic defensively and going forward. 

Tait on the other hand, was utterly superb until he went off.    

Tait was taken off to receive the accolades he deserved. Class move

Edited by Bigbrbairn

5 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I was astonished at the match with a guy behind me kept on complaining about MacKie and shouted to get him taken off. He also loudly complained about Tait. 

Wondered if they’re watching the same mat as me?

I sometimes wonder about some of our supporters.  Five Fckn years in the seaside leagues and deservedly ripped so many arses by our fellow friends.

M&S stepped up the squad procurement and the resulting squad improvements which has transformed the whole club. Special mention to new STs and the Ultras.

So far this season the team, the support and results have been brilliant.

So many polished performances that for me would have blown away the majority of the teams outwith the top SPL six. 
Yes we don’t always get everything right, but FFS Saturdays game could have ended up into double figures ( ref Airdrie fans confirming) 

For those that can’t see where the club are progressing, go and get a life.

53 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I was astonished at the match with a guy behind me kept on complaining about MacKie and shouted to get him taken off. He also loudly complained about Tait. 

Unfortunately we will always have bucket mouthed arseholes in our support.

Obviously don’t get to talk at home.

Losers and bores.

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

A fan near me in the first half was constantly giving Oliver abuse (thought Gary was excellent btw). Really don’t understand what planet some of these supporters are on, playing some sensational football, an unbelievable unbeaten run and our best team in many years but some people will still find something to moan about. If you’re not gonna get behind the team when we’re doing this well just don’t bother coming along. Really annoys me.

Anyway what a magnificent performance that was yesterday. A team we can all be proud of. COYB.

I feel like Ayr might drop away (fully prepared for this to come back and bite me). They have a few injuries but seem a bit soft and though they beat us in the LC they were very fortunate a bit like the way Raith picked up points most of last season. 

So far I'd say Livingston are the ones who look most likely to sustain a run (other than ourselves) and I expect Partick will improve. 

The next league games are Raith away, then Ayr, Livingston and Partick. 4 tough games but come through those still top and we'll have every reason to be confident. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

10 hours ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

The Ultras make every game a home game 

The ultras have been an absolute revelation. Totally transformed the atmosphere both home and away. Also have to credit them for changing the mentality of a lot of our fans, everyone now totally behind the team for 90 minutes, no matter how the game’s going. It’s also great to see the whole crowd singing and clapping along now, the ultras have generated that. Great to see how many fans in the main stand are joining in. Also the amount of young kids that come to games now and proudly wear their Falkirk shirts around town. They’re the future of our club.

Saw a vlog from the Airdrie end yesterday and the limbs after Tait’s goal were utterly magnificent. What a support 👏

Whilst we are undoubtedly on a fantastic run, I actually think we haven't gotten out of 2nd gear in pretty much any of the league matches. We can play even better than this, and this is why I get more confident each week that we absolutely could (whisper) win the Championship. To use a Ross Wayne term, the only thing that can beat us at the moment is ourselves. Our closest rival currently is obviously Ayr, and if the league cup is anything to go by, I think we will beat them. They were incredibly fortunate to win that match, and with all the chances we create, a team is going to get an absolute pasting off us once we start being more ruthless in front of goal.

This is the most I have enjoyed football in my entire life, and I include European nights at Ibrox and victories over Celtic, winning trophies etc when I say that. It blows my mind that there are folk who want to whinge and complain about players when they should just be allowing themselves to get swept away like the rest of us. We're experiencing something truly special, and I feel honoured and privileged to be a part of it.

19 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Whilst we are undoubtedly on a fantastic run, I actually think we haven't gotten out of 2nd gear in pretty much any of the league matches. We can play even better than this, and this is why I get more confident each week that we absolutely could (whisper) win the Championship. To use a Ross Wayne term, the only thing that can beat us at the moment is ourselves. Our closest rival currently is obviously Ayr, and if the league cup is anything to go by, I think we will beat them. They were incredibly fortunate to win that match, and with all the chances we create, a team is going to get an absolute pasting off us once we start being more ruthless in front of goal.

This is the most I have enjoyed football in my entire life, and I include European nights at Ibrox and victories over Celtic, winning trophies etc when I say that. It blows my mind that there are folk who want to whinge and complain about players when they should just be allowing themselves to get swept away like the rest of us. We're experiencing something truly special, and I feel honoured and privileged to be a part of it.

European nights at Ibrox?

36 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

European nights at Ibrox?

@Raybowski89 used to be a blue nose but he had an epiphany and now supports the Bairns.

I would welcome more of both of the arse cheeks' supporters to see the light and start following the Bairns too as long as they leave all that hateful, sectarian garbage behind.

#COYB

3 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

First and foremost I hope Morrison is well as can be and continues his on his road to a speedy recovery. However, reading his wife’s post, it screams to me he’s fallen out with someone. 

I don’t think this sort of speculation helps. There is clearly an issue just let him and his family sort it out and give them the space to do that. 

6 hours ago, WHW said:

The ultras have been an absolute revelation. Totally transformed the atmosphere both home and away. Also have to credit them for changing the mentality of a lot of our fans, everyone now totally behind the team for 90 minutes, no matter how the game’s going. It’s also great to see the whole crowd singing and clapping along now, the ultras have generated that. Great to see how many fans in the main stand are joining in. Also the amount of young kids that come to games now and proudly wear their Falkirk shirts around town. They’re the future of our club.

Saw a vlog from the Airdrie end yesterday and the limbs after Tait’s goal were utterly magnificent. What a support 👏

I 100% agree, my nieces boy is 11 and this is his first season going to games. He comes from a Celtic supporting family, but has now come to us and it’s the Ultras that have done this. His pals were going and once he sampled a taste for it he’s hooked. They have totally transformed my match day experience and I’m 58, they have been a revelation and I can’t praise them enough. To think some moaned about the drum when the idea was first muted  COYB U1876 🤣

Edited by Harry Kinnear

8 hours ago, WHW said:

A fan near me in the first half was constantly giving Oliver abuse (thought Gary was excellent btw). Really don’t understand what planet some of these supporters are on, playing some sensational football, an unbelievable unbeaten run and our best team in many years but some people will still find something to moan about. If you’re not gonna get behind the team when we’re doing this well just don’t bother coming along. Really annoys me.

Anyway what a magnificent performance that was yesterday. A team we can all be proud of. COYB.

I've been trying to find the posts on here from Saturday night/Sunday morning of a fan slagging off Gary Oliver. They must have been removed but I'm sure others will be able to say who put them up

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I 100% agree, my nieces boy is 11 and this is his first season going to games. He comes from a Celtic supporting family, but has now come to us and it’s the Ultras that have done this. His pals were going and once he sampled a taste for it he’s hooked. They have totally transformed my match day experience and I’m 58, they have been a revelation and I can’t praise them enough. To think some moaned about the drum when the idea was first muted  COYB U1876 🤣

I took the piss out of the drum idea when it was raised. I was wrong. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

The Scourge of Self-Flagellating Politics

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

I've been trying to find the posts on here from Saturday night/Sunday morning of a fan slagging off Gary Oliver. They must have been removed but I'm sure others will be able to say who put them up

It was in the match thread.

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

@Raybowski89 used to be a blue nose but he had an epiphany and now supports the Bairns.

I would welcome more of both of the arse cheeks' supporters to see the light and start following the Bairns too as long as they leave all that hateful, sectarian garbage behind.

#COYB

Wanting to leave all that garbage behind was a huge factor, to be honest. Any older Bairns on here able to confirm that supposedly Falkirk had a wee bit of an issue with sectarian nonsense in the 70s and 80s due to Rangers fans attending Brockville and not leaving that crap at the door? Before my time.