The Falkirk FC Thread

I have no issues with us paying off debts and not adding to the squad. Makes sense to me. What pisses me off is the board letting us get into the debt time after time despite paying low wages and mainly playing kids. It's a disgrace.

I have no issues with us paying off debts and not adding to the squad. Makes sense to me. What pisses me off is the board letting us get into the debt time after time despite paying low wages and mainly playing kids. It's a disgrace.

We cut, cut and cut again. Every time we sell a player for decent money we lose an important part of the squad, weaken the team And never replace them.

To put the icing on the cake the debt seems to never get smaller.

It's total pish and aw that man.

After the last few games I've came to the conclusion we would walk this league if only we had Farid or Lyle upfront.

Ironic really. Last 2 seasons we've been nowhere in the league but wi the best forward.

Now that a forward would be useful, where is 1?

Edited by Gaz FFC

Well so far I've heard that the Dundee United, Celtic and Everton scouts were all at yesterdays match to watch Kingsley. Personally I think its just rumors and he will be going nowhere with a bit of luck.

When interviewed on Sportsound this evening Holt said that the dropping of Alston over the last couple of months was very much down to "a flip of a coin". It can't only be me that thinks that is a little concerning?! :unsure2:

He also said something along the lines of, to paraphrase - "I'd applied for just about every job in the country, but Falkirk were the only club I heard back from. I didn't even expect to get the job." What does that exactly say about us?

He did also confirm that Alston has been offered a new contract and he has transfer targets he wishes to sign if the funds become available, which would involve people moving on; either being sold or a couple more of the young boys out on loan.

When interviewed on Sportsound this evening Holt said that the dropping of Alston over the last couple of months was very much down to "a flip of a coin". It can't only be me that thinks that is a little concerning?! :unsure2:

He also said something along the lines of, to paraphrase - "I'd applied for just about every job in the country, but Falkirk were the only club I heard back from. I didn't even expect to get the job." What does that exactly say about us?

He did also confirm that Alston has been offered a new contract and he has transfer targets he wishes to sign if the funds become available, which would involve people moving on; either being sold or a couple more of the young boys out on loan.

I think you're taking what he says a little too literally. He's obviously not picking the team on the flip of a coin, either that or it's two headed! I would read that to mean that there's very little between the players and that it's difficult to choose. I do think that he'll make some changes on Saturday as I think we'll need some battlers in there so I wouldn't be surprised if both Ollie and Alston come in.

Regarding the fact that we gave him the gig? Who knows? The board have either seen something special in him or have gone for the cheap option.

I think you're taking what he says a little too literally.

Perhaps, but far from convincing either way.

Regarding the fact that we gave him the gig? Who knows? The board have either seen something special in him or have gone for the cheap option.

Let's hope so. Still not 100% sure on him but will fully judge at the end of the season, and will happily eat humble pie if proven wrong.