The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk Football Club, like all football clubs in Scotland, does not allow the display of banners or flags of a political nature at its matches.

During last nights game against Rangers, a Scottish flag bearing a political message was removed. The political message, not the nature of the flag itself was the cause of this action.

We accept that our stewards could have handled the situation more sensitively.

Flags displayed by Rangers fans carried no specific political slogans and are regularly displayed at grounds all over Scotland. If any fans find such flags offensive their concerns should be raised with Rangers FC or the Scottish football authorities.

What's this all about, then?

Totally lost all interest this year especially after mcgrandles was sold. As has been said theres not one player id pay to watch in our team. Ive bought my season ticket for this year but can't see me using it much.

Edited by FFC 1876

Flags displayed by Rangers fans carried no specific political slogans and are regularly displayed at grounds all over Scotland. If any fans find such flags offensive their concerns should be raised with Rangers FC or the Scottish football authorities ..... because we don't give a f**k if Falkirk fans, the people who buy season tickets and support the team year in and year out, are offended.

Flags displayed by Rangers fans carried no specific political slogans and are regularly displayed at grounds all over Scotland. If any fans find such flags offensive their concerns should be raised with Rangers FC or the Scottish football authorities ..... because we don't give a f**k if Falkirk fans, the people who buy season tickets and support the team year in and year out, are offended.

Completely agree. Club have handled this dreadfully, once again. Union apologists.

Guest Back Post Misses

Handled poorly but only mungles take flags with political messages to the football. Seriously pathetic stuff. Pretty much lowering yourself to the same level at the Rangers bigots.

I was a young lad who took it in. I have seen Falkirk Fans taking Soltires and Union Flags to games over the years. I would wager the lad never even thought about the flag saying yes. Lets be honest though the Sevconians were 110 yards away.

Also with respect the support of Rangers by our BoD since the vote a couple of years ago has been a seeping wound with many fans. This will be seen as another example of them pandering to them.

Guest Back Post Misses

Had the statement read something like this I believe it would have taken the heat out of the situation.

We would like to appologise for the poor direction given to stewards last night and the over zealous handling of the situation. We are determined that the Matchday experience is the best it can be and we will be doing everything in our powers to ensure this is rectified in the future. The Board of the football club realise the important part our own supporters play up in the fabric of the club and on this occasion our errors have let them down. Common sense was not applied in the instance. A club Director today has been given the responsibility of overseeing the relationship with our security partners to ensure there is an immediate improvement. Sorry once again.

The statement was to placate the Daily Ranger as well as The Rangers. FFC have no interest in the "home" support (other than sales).

Our perception of what FFC "is" has become a bit muddled with what it used to be. Like many, it's no longer a "club" (in the sense of what we believe it to be), and is now a straightforward business, run by its owners who undoubtedly have some degree of allegiance to the "club" itself, but have long since battened down the hatches after the blunders of five or six years ago, and now run the thing as they see fit until they reach an end point where they have recovered their losses, and the tracks are well covered.

Football is a really weird business that seems to attract otherwise smart businessmen (lets call it ego driven) into making some of the business world's daftest mistakes. I doubt that it will ever end. To see the mistakes we made, and then to see the perpetrator of much of the madness employed in the role of "Director of Football Operations" (or some such like grandoise title) at Hibs, tells you that those kind of mistakes aren't going away......they just move along the chain to someone else. A (nice) guy in his fifties who has zero involvement in football all of his life, and rents out tents for a living, suddenly manages to get himself into these kinds of jobs (even now) tells us all we need to know.

Had a while to think about that statement and decided I won't be back at tfs until there are changes. Football is emotive enough without the board getting involved. We all know Ritchie is a sevco sympathiser but I've had enough of him rubbing our noses in it. Bad decision after bad decision for years but the only statements of criticism are directed at the support. Had enough.

Who was offended by the flag in any case ? if the club really cared at all that much, where are the hotlines someone can call to deal with what someone Thot was too offensive...

At a time where the club is at a kinda crossroads as far product on field so far, we announce a statement which will boil 80-90% of us, infact they have turned something that wasn't offensive into being offensive....

I know they can't please all of us, but when they get it wrong, Fuk they seem to do that very well