The Falkirk FC Thread

Loy was never going to be with us next season and to be fair I thought he'd have left us during the January window.

He's a better player than it turns out some people think.

All the best etc.

I'd agree with this tbh, some of the stick he gets from our fans at games is mind boggling to me.

My money is on Dale Carrick being his replacement. Or one of the Killie duds eg Lee Miller.

Rory Loy was out of contract in the summer so no one had to tell Falkirk anything. If they wanted him to stay badly enough then you'd think they'd have offered him a new deal before he got down to the last six months of his deal.

If they did in fact do that and he either refused it or was swithering then I think they would twig he was fancying a move elsewhere. Three-year deal and Premiership football? Not much of a choice tbh.

Not my interpretation of the rules:

'No club shall directly or indirectly induce or attempt to induce any employee of another Club to terminate a contract of employment with that other Club (whether or not by breach of that contract) or directly or indirectly approach any such employee with a view to offering employment without the consent of that other Club. For the purpose of this Rule D9, "Club" means a member club of the Scottish FA.

Guest ceast93

It was inevitable that he was going to leave in the summer. Unfortunately for Falkirk we never seem to be able (or willing) to issue long term contracts which seems to come back and bite us- especially when we find a hidden gem like Farid etc. Also, without guaranteed premier league football (which IMO isn't bad cause the championship is still of a high standard), we always find it hard to keep ahold of decent players and match higher wages!

Loy has given his fair share this season and has seemed to link up really well with Baird since signing him. All the best to him for the future.

Hopefully a replacement will be found and that this won't affect his performances at this critical stage of the season.

Roberts is a waste of space. His attitude and fitness are awful. I've always liked loy so I'm glad he's coming to Dens. I think he'll link up well with the likes of Harkins, Stewart and McGowan and hopefully score a few goals.

Thing is, although he's a very good player and I would take him before some that BPM mentioned, he's not dissimilar to the players that you mention in some ways. He's definitely not a No 9, more a number 10. What us old guys used to call an inside forward. Sounds like you need a Farid or a Lyle Taylor rather than a Rory Loy?

Good luck to him, I wonder if there were any other clubs interested other than Hamilton. The 3yr contract is probably the deal breaker, after all he came to us a week or so before our season started.

He has been good for us and we have been good for him, it's a pity cause him and Baird have looked good together recently, I'd hoped that may have helped us keep him.

I don't understand the hmmmm regarding the PCA, it's part of the game nowadays, only thing I can say is its not ideal within the same division. I'd like something done regarding that area, considering it's at the business end of the league but I think it's impossible to do so

Guest Back Post Misses

Thing is, although he's a very good player and I would take him before some that BPM mentioned, he's not dissimilar to the players that you mention in some ways. He's definitely not a No 9, more a number 10. What us old guys used to call an inside forward. Sounds like you need a Farid or a Lyle Taylor rather than a Rory Loy?

Which ones out of interest? Only two possible three play in Loy's position so in reality you can only compare them to Loy.

The point I am trying to make is their loss to the side and the impact it had on us. I believe all of those loses had a bigger detrimental effect on the club than Loy's loss will have.

We have a good track record of brining in strikers who do well. I am confident we will be able to do again.

Don't take this as I am glad he is going I am not, but it is not the end of the world.

Which ones out of interest? Only two possible three play in Loy's position so in reality you can only compare them to Loy.

The point I am trying to make is their loss to the side and the impact it had on us. I believe all of those loses had a bigger detrimental effect on the club than Loy's loss will have.

We have a good track record of brining in strikers who do well. I am confident we will be able to do again.

Don't take this as I am glad he is going I am not, but it is not the end of the world.

Well, in reality you can only compare those players and I assume you mean Farid, Taylor and Higgy to Loy as well.

However, I'd rather have Loy than either Taylor or Higginbotham and possibly Millar as well as I like the way the guy plays football.

I think the possibility of bringing in yet another top forward is fairly remote and only time will tell how his loss will affect the team.

Guest Back Post Misses

Well, in reality you can only compare those players and I assume you mean Farid, Taylor and Higgy to Loy as well.

However, I'd rather have Loy than either Taylor or Higginbotham and possibly Millar as well as I like the way the guy plays football.

I think the possibility of bringing in yet another top forward is fairly remote and only time will tell how his loss will affect the team.

Fair enough. I am sure I heard people say the same thing when we lost Farid and Taylor. For me out of my list the only one which I think is debatable is actually Miller. Higginbotham was a top top player at this level. His performance in the LC semi at Hampden was the best from a Falkirk player for many a long year. When he was sold Farid hardly scored a goal.

I hope Loy doesn't down tools, I don't think he will. The supporters reaction will be very mixed I would think.

Whilst I dont have an issue really with him moving on in the summer if we again fail to go up via the playoffs the way hes carried this out does leave a bad taste I'm afraid especially after telling the local rag only the other week how much he was enjoying his time at the club. We basically picked him up off the soccer scrapheap and gave him the chance to play week in week out. He could at least then in my opinion have given us the courtesy of waiting to see what happened by the summer before moving on to pastures new if he wanted. To announce hes buggering off elsewhere at an important part of the season stinks of disrespect when he should be concentrating 100% on getting us into a playoff spot. I'd have no issues now if Houstie wants to stick him on the bench till May to give someone else a try up front alongside baird as Loy for me is no longer a falkirk player and should be treated as such.

Whilst we have been lucky on the stiker front over the past few seasons its folly to think that will continue ad infinitum and the standard is dropping. I still think both Taylor and Farid were better strikers than Loy and if the well does dry up we're going to get nowhere nearer that elusive Premiership place.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Whilst I dont have an issue really with him moving on in the summer if we again fail to go up via the playoffs the way hes carried this out does leave a bad taste I'm afraid especially after telling the local rag only the other week how much he was enjoying his time at the club. We basically picked him up off the soccer scrapheap and gave him the chance to play week in week out. He could at least then in my opinion have given us the courtesy of waiting to see what happened by the summer before moving on to pastures new if he wanted. To announce hes buggering off elsewhere at an important part of the season stinks of disrespect when he should be concentrating 100% on getting us into a playoff spot. I'd have no issues now if Houstie wants to stick him on the bench till May to give someone else a try up front alongside baird as Loy for me is no longer a falkirk player and should be treated as such.

Whilst we have been lucky on the stiker front over the past few seasons its folly to think that will continue ad infinitum and the standard is dropping. I still think both Taylor and Farid were better strikers than Loy and if the well does dry up we're going to get nowhere nearer that elusive Premiership place.

Loy didn't say a word though, it was fechin Dundee that anounced it.

Good luck to him, I wonder if there were any other clubs interested other than Hamilton. The 3yr contract is probably the deal breaker, after all he came to us a week or so before our season started.

He has been good for us and we have been good for him, it's a pity cause him and Baird have looked good together recently, I'd hoped that may have helped us keep him.

I don't understand the hmmmm regarding the PCA, it's part of the game nowadays, only thing I can say is its not ideal within the same division. I'd like something done regarding that area, considering it's at the business end of the league but I think it's impossible to do so

This. Some of our fans really need to get a grip. He's an employee who's been offered a better contract elsewhere and has decided to take it - who wouldn't in his position?

We're in the unfortunate position this year that no matter how well he plays we're very unlikely to be promoted, so was always going to attract interest from the top league. At that level, I think he'll be ok but nothing special. He's not as much of a poacher as Taylor, who does a job.

Again I dont have so much of an issue with him moving on but do have an issue with the way hes carried it out. Its an important part of the season and the last thing we need is important players announcing their jumping ship. He must have known that by signing a pre contract Dundee would spout this to the press and that it is going to affect the atmosphere at the club no matter what is said. Very disappointed in him considering his words in the herald only a couple of weeks ago which now look like a load of tripe to be honest.

Loy has comfortably been Falkirk's best player against us these last two seasons.

It remains to be seen of course how well he does with the step up. Hartley has a good signing record and, as importantly, a good record at developing players IMO. If Loy works hard enough and listens I think he can be a success in the Premiership.

I know Loy wasn't a product of the academy, but Falkirk's record in recent seasons in producing quality young players must be second to none for a club their size.

Again I dont have so much of an issue with him moving on but do have an issue with the way hes carried it out. Its an important part of the season and the last thing we need is important players announcing their jumping ship. He must have known that by signing a pre contract Dundee would spout this to the press and that it is going to affect the atmosphere at the club no matter what is said. Very disappointed in him considering his words in the herald only a couple of weeks ago which now look like a load of tripe to be honest.

What do you expect him to do though? He's had a three year contract put on the table in front of him and asked to sign it. Why would he wait?

Of course Dundee are going to want to announce it to their fans.

I don't see that it's a big deal really.

You do know that it is possible to enjoy yourself in your current job but want an opportunity at a higher level, yes? Pre-contracts ate part of the game now, you can't blame the player for seeking security. If he waits until the summer he potentially ends up with 2 or 3 months without a wage, and it's not like he'll be on mega bucks with falkirk.

Opposition fans are missing the point here. Of course Loy is well within his rights to sign a PCA and fair play to him netting a good deal in a better league.

The issue is with the announcement of it. We are coming into a crucial part of our season were promotion and a Scottish Cup final is far from impossible. Falkirk knew about Dundees interest so why didn't Dundee come to an agreement with us that once the deal was done that it could be announced at a later date? It is a lack of respect IMO and another indication that certain clubs lack decent courtesy within our game

After all, it wasn't that long ago that our club made a donation to Dundee fans when they were in the sh*t

Edited by ToonBairn

Opposition fans are missing the point here. Of course Loy is well within his rights to sign a PCA and fair play to him netting a good deal in a better league.

The issue is with the announcement of it. We are coming into a crucial part of our season were promotion and a Scottish Cup final is far from impossible. Falkirk knew about Dundees interest so why didn't Dundee come to an agreement with us that once the deal was done that it could be announced at a later date? It is a lack of respect IMO and another indication that certain clubs lack decent courtesy within our game

After all, it wasn't that long ago that our club made a donation to Dundee fans when they were in the sh*t

Lol wut? Dundee have done nothing wrong here. We have identified a player, offered him he chance to improve the level he is playing at, improve his wages and give him far more security than he has currently at a club who have failed to show the required faith in him and offer a longer term contract.

We also reserve the right to announce when we make signings. this deal had nothing to do with Falkirk FC unfortunately. As far as Falkirk FC, Dundee FC and Rory Loy are concerned, Rory Loy ceases being a Falkirk player at the end of this season. It is this period that Dundee FC and Rory Loy were discussing. Our subsequent announcement relates to this period.

Unfortunately this is the downside of being a diddy club. I'm not specifically demeaning Falkirk here but Scottish football clubs in general. All have suffered at the hands of the PCA from a club in a better position, be it Queens Park to United, United to Celtic or Celtic to the English Championship/Premiership - it's the way of the world now.

What Celtic did to Dundee Utd RE GMS was a bit more disrespectful, they got the PCA done as is their right, but to then use the media as a conduit to facilitating an earlier deal when the cup draw was clear was a bit cheeky. I would also concede that Dundee signing Greg Stewart last season a week before the game vs Cowdenbeath was a bit cheeky, but looking at his record this season I could not give a flying f**k if my club are seen as a bit rude in the eyes of Cowdenbeath fans when he has contributed to keeping us in the Premiership. Dundee FC's priority is Dundee FC - not being super friendly with Falkirk.

Do you genuinely think that if Falkirk had just tied up a PCA for a decent player your board would have kept it quiet until the season was over?

You will just need to dry your eyes I'm afraid.