The Falkirk FC Thread

Hughes is a decent guy, and obviously feels bad about what happened - as far as I'm aware, there's no actual guilt or blame attached to him. Please ley me know if that's not the case.

Terrible thing to happen the laddie.

Hughes is a p***k who left my football team under a huge cloud, alienating himself from almost all of the support due to a stupid letter that 3 twat supporters produced.

Huge tragedy and my post was not a slight on that at all.

Hughes is a p***k who left my football team under a huge cloud, alienating himself from almost all of the support due to a stupid letter that 3 twat supporters produced.

Huge tragedy and my post was not a slight on that at all.

I know it wasn't - the swipe at Hughes seemed a wee bit unnecessary to me, but you seem to have your reasons - fair enough.

Exactly and that's the point I was trying to make. The club have the memorial service every year and it is important that we do remember him and continue our tributes.

However, this cup final isn't about Craig Gowans. Hughes gave his father the honour of leading out the team in 2009 and maybe rightly so. The club has moved on and so has the Gowans' family.

You know the Gowans family personally?

Yogi was our best manager in the modern era ...much more successful than Jeffries so far that I will always appreciate him...there is no doubt his last two seasons were disappointing but any falkirk managers remit is to keep the club in the top division ..which he achieved...shame there was a less than amicable parting of the ways

Well, this has got a bit weird.

FWIW, I see Hughes as not very bright, but thoroughly decent.

I'd be surprised if there's genuine room for criticism of his referring to a tragedy that probably affected him deeply.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Yogi was undoubtedly our most successful manager of recent years, and would have been forgiven much of the vaulting ambition that left us in the shit...

...if he hadn't been whoring himself round any English side going in the last 6 months of his tenure, when it had become obvious he'd fucked up. Loyalty cuts both ways.

You know the Gowans family personally?

No a don't as a matter of fact but I would think that tragic day nearly 10 years ago, that they have moved on with their lives

The point is, Hughes doesn't need to publicly come out with all the stuff about Gowans again in this the build up to this game

No a don't as a matter of fact but I would think that tragic day nearly 10 years ago, that they have moved on with their lives

The point is, Hughes doesn't need to publicly come out with all the stuff about Gowans again in this the build up to this game

Don't agree with you saying that they've moved on, don't know them so won't comment on that

However I agree with your comment on Hughes, seems quite distasteful him bringing it up. Just my opinion

I see we had the 8th highest average home attendance in Scotland this season. Does anyone want to try and defend finishing 17th and say it's "punching our weight"? The dross we've been conditioned to accept in the league over the last few years does not equate to the backing the fans continue to give the team.

Anyway, happy thoughts.... The Steeple looks quality in the big scarf.

I see we had the 8th highest average home attendance in Scotland this season. Does anyone want to try and defend finishing 17th and say it's "punching our weight"? The dross we've been conditioned to accept in the league over the last few years does not equate to the backing the fans continue to give the team.

Get a grip, we're potentially days away from the greatest day/moment of our lives and this is all you can come up with. Let's all get behind the team and soak up everything that's going on. COYB

The season thats past was always gonna be decent with Hibs, Hearts and Rangers coming in large numbers with in reflection the games had meaning, compared to the faceless SPL

I'm sure Dunfermline's numbers would be decent in reflection, tho they sit mid 27th or so....

Its not been a great league season but if we win the cup.... I could retire, its not gonna get higher than that for me....

Edited by MrDust

I think it's slightly harsh to skew '17th' as if it's an absolute failure this season given the company we've had - finishing behind Queens aint even that big a deal since they proved themselves to be a pretty decent unit !

The fact that we're still in the Championship after all these years though !? Well - I've not really found myself stressing about the amount of cash that's been put into the team, I think the board have played things just about right and a couple of better signings might have seen us 'punch' a little higher - I think we've seen some outstanding players at Falkirk over the last few seasons TBH.

We're well shot of the over-paid duds that helped drag us down IMO - I'd rather we were prudent.

Next season will be tough again with Hibs and one 'Other' in the league ... I'd like to see us bring in a few decent players and I think we'll have enough in us to make a decent fist of the play-offs but investing heavilly isn't something we should do.