The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agree with the start as he's been the foil for our 3 in behind to get themselves goal but in the championship that won't wash.

You can't have a striker missing 3/4 chances a game in that league. IMO we're a much better team than Dunfermline were last season, without looking I'd imagine we've scored more goals, but Wighton managed 16 goals in that team and MacIver's only on 10.

Edit: I did look, 63 goals all season for Dunfermline last season and we're on 67 with 8 games to go.

Aye I'd like to think we'd have some reinforcements before going into next season. Personally I'd like 

New GK

New Rb

donaldson 

lang

mccann 

spencer

new cm

morrison 

new 10

miller

new striker

Not saying I want rid of the guys who are playing in those positions now. I just want some competition in those positions. 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Aye I'd like to think we'd have some reinforcements before going into next season. Personally I'd like 

New GK

New Rb

donaldson 

lang

mccann 

spencer

new cm

morrison 

new 10

miller

new striker

Not saying I want rid of the guys who are playing in those positions now. I just want some competition in those positions. 

Il give you 5 mins to edit Hendo by name into your post. Because I love you, il give you 5 mins. 

15 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

New GK

New Rb

donaldson 

lang

mccann 

spencer

new cm

morrison 

new 10

miller

new striker

This is my idea of a line-up going into next season too, bar Yeats at right back if he stays or the new boy, and Hendo at CM. It’s pretty good going, a core of 7-8 starters. The areas you’ve identified, aye, we’ll need better IMO.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Got any radar charts for us? 

spencer.thumb.png.c6c8429a405f2af2cf896b092ec6e7eb.png

Far too good for this division IMO.

It's been a long hard season so it's not surprising that some of the players that have played virtually every game are probably finding the going a bit tougher at the moment. Only 8 to go thankfully.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agree with the start as he's been the foil for our 3 in behind to get themselves goal but in the championship that won't wash.

You can't have a striker missing 3/4 chances a game in that league. IMO we're a much better team than Dunfermline were last season, without looking I'd imagine we've scored more goals, but Wighton managed 16 goals in that team and MacIver's only on 10.

Edit: I did look, 63 goals all season for Dunfermline last season and we're on 67 with 8 games to go.

Brilliant point about us scoring more than Dunfermline despite McIver only getting 10. That means we have goals ALL THROUGH the team. We dont need a prolific scorer we need a lot of scorers and this team has them.

9 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

IMO we haven’t played great in the last 4 games, but I couldn’t give a sh1t because we’ve taken 10 points out of the 12 available.

At this stage of the season it’s points that matter 

It's only just dawned on me that we could literally draw every remaining game and still win the title 🤣

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If we drew every game up to and including the Accies one, and they won every other game, we could lose the last two games and still triumph.

I have used my advanced calculator all afternoon and i have worked out that if we win our next 3 games we win the league. Statto!

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If we drew every game up to and including the Accies one, and they won every other game, we could lose the last two games and still triumph.

That's actually mental! 

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

I have used my advanced calculator all afternoon and i have worked out that if we win our next 3 games we win the league. Statto!

League title will be on the line against Edinburgh if we beat QotS and Accies beat Stirling. We'd need Hartley to get something off Accies (funny that) but it could be wrapped up as early as the 23rd!

37 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Accies only need to drop 2pts in these 2 games for us to win it versus Edinburgh as we’d be 19 clear with 18 to play for (assuming we have beaten QOS & Edin)

Next three games

Falkirk : Q of S Away, Edinburgh Home, Montrose Away

Hamilton : Stirling Home, Cove Away, Queen of South Home

I think it will go to the day of the Montrose game and we’ll be champions when we step on the pitch at 5.30

One game at a time. We’re almost there but refuse to accept anything until that final whistle is blown and the maths are confirmed. Maybe the Airdrie capitulation is still raw, and after speaking to a fellow bairn that’s been a ST holder for over sixty years, and travelled from London to attend Saturdays game, it just feels right. Let’s get it over the line as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Accies only need to drop 2pts in these 2 games for us to win it versus Edinburgh as we’d be 19 clear with 18 to play for (assuming we have beaten QOS & Edin)

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Next three games

Falkirk : Q of S Away, Edinburgh Home, Montrose Away

Hamilton : Stirling Home, Cove Away, Queen of South Home

I think it will go to the day of the Montrose game and we’ll be champions when we step on the pitch at 5.30

What I think is actually working in our favour this time is that we go into our game against QoTS with a 5.30pm k.o. knowing what the Accies result against the Binos was. If they have dropped points, that will give us a real lift. if they got all 3 points then we know that we still have it all to do. Should it go to Saturday 30th March and our game against Montrose, again we go into the game already knowing the Accies score from their 3.00pm k.o.

McGlynn and Falkirk are in a much better place this closed season for attracting very good additions to an already settled and very strong squad.

If you were a player considering your options, where else outside the top league would you consider going next season, especially if Dundee United go up and Livi come down?

Playing in the Championship, most weeks we are selling out stands home and away (highest attendances in the League, Pars aside possibly), on TV most weeks, playing attractive football, settled and respected management team, happy dressing room, fan owned, modern facilities/stadium, feel good factor back, pot guaranteed game time (squad rotation!?). Probably well over 3,000 season tickets will be sold next season.

I'm hoping McGlynn will have his pick of who is available and he wants, especially if we wrap the league up early and can get in for players earlier than others. Higher wages being paid elsewhere might be the only challenge - eg Livi parachute payments, Morton cup run money, sugar daddy owners etc

Do we think there are any League 1 good players he might be interested in for next season that we have seen this season?

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

McGlynn and Falkirk are in a much better place this closed season for attracting very good additions to an already settled and very strong squad.

If you were a player considering your options, where else outside the top league would you consider going next season, especially if Dundee United go up and Livi come down?

Playing in the Championship, most weeks we are selling out stands home and away (highest attendances in the League, Pars aside possibly), on TV most weeks, playing attractive football, settled and respected management team, happy dressing room, fan owned, modern facilities/stadium, feel good factor back, pot guaranteed game time (squad rotation!?). Probably well over 3,000 season tickets will be sold next season.

I'm hoping McGlynn will have his pick of who is available and he wants, especially if we wrap the league up early and can get in for players earlier than others. Higher wages being paid elsewhere might be the only challenge - eg Livi parachute payments, Morton cup run money, sugar daddy owners etc

Do we think there are any League 1 good players he might be interested in for next season that we have seen this season?

Of course, there's the best squad in the league over at Hamilton! A good 10 players there who we should try to sign.