The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yep it's ridiculous. 

Get this job done and only then can we consider where we are in relation to whatever 9 other teams are there.

The Championship does indeed look much harder than last time. There will probably be no PT sides for a start. It looks to be a complete nightmare of a slog for most teams as they are so evenly matched, RR excepted as they are overperforming but will still be there next season. We've been lucky with injuries this year, the way they have ruined DA and Arbroath seasons is all too clear. 

The premature triumphalism and complacency about this seasons campaign does not bode well for the expectations if we get promoted.

We have, a decent spine of a side to build on - nothing more.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The premature triumphalism and complacency about this seasons campaign does not bode well for the expectations if we get promoted.

You have just made that up. Absolute bullshit

7 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I see we have the Falkirk fan Gavin Duncan as ref tonight. 

With us being on tv though, he won’t get away with his nonsense from previous games. 

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Pipe doon. You are a boring old tart mate.

Not keen to pile in on HSW as while I disagree with his statement, I agree with the sentiment.

The football hasn't been great in the Championship from what I've seen but there is definitely a level of physicality that I don't think we've faced for a while.

We're also likely to see less of the ball than we have lately and that will be an adjustment for the players and fans next season.

I'd take a year of consolidation and squad building then hopefully be in a position to be in the mix. 

We need to continue to support the group whatever happens next season.

Edited by Blame Me
Substitute season for year

10 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

New season sees the reset button being pressed everywhere. New managers, new squads, everything changes. 

Exactly. Still to find out which of the championships best players are to be summoned to suckle at the Navy Blue teet 

We'll be fine next year as long as we leave enough room in the budget for 4-5 decent summer signings.  The core is there but we'll need to replace the squad players with better quality.  Do that and we should be play off challengers at least. 

Dunfermline have been honking this year.  We finished 7pts clear of Airdrie over 36 games last year and they're in with a shout of play offs with Todorov up front.  ICT are terrible and only likely to get worse etc.  As are Ayr.  

Not seeing much to be frightened of to be honest.  

I've watched a fair bit of Championship football this year and absolutely nothing worries me about next season. 4-5 good summer signings and we'll be competing at the right end of the league 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I've watched a fair bit of Championship football this year and absolutely nothing worries me about next season. 4-5 good summer signings and we'll be competing at the right end of the league 

Consistent competence will just about see you in the playoffs. It seems to be a cursed league where teams feel absolutely compelled to cut their own throats 3 or 4 times a season. I'd settle for steady Eddie's 

Lets just enjoy this season, after the length of time we've been down here and all the shit we've had to endure. I have faith that McGlynn will already be more than aware what's needed to compete next season.

4 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Lets just enjoy this season, after the length of time we've been down here and all the shit we've had to endure. I have faith that McGlynn will already be more than aware what's needed to compete next season.

He’s already stated in an interview that next season will require different shapes and formations far more often than in league 1. He knows as well as anyone it’s a completely different task, expectations should be high but we’ll face far more adversity than this once in a generation season 

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

One thing we can have no complaints about this season is injuries, apart from Lang, the only other player that I can think of being out for a wee while is Calvin Miller. Callumn Morrison is like a human crash test dummy, he gets kicked week after week after week and still comes back for more.

The unfortunate thing about Lang's injury is that it weakens us in two areas of the park with Hendo having to move back into defence as we don't have a like for like replacement waiting in the wings. McGlynn must have had a crystal ball when he snapped up Dylan Tait as he is good cover for us in this situation.

IMO the midfield is better now with Tait in it. Defensively he isn’t as good as Henderson but technically he is streets ahead. 

On 13/03/2024 at 09:19, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He could pochle it so they both end up with 18 starts each.

I think the championship will be a great league next year.. Arbroath coming down will leave Airdrie as the smallest team in the division so if DU go up it would leave a reasonably even field

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

IMO the midfield is better now with Tait in it. Defensively he isn’t as good as Henderson but technically he is streets ahead. 

I know what you mean, Tait is a baller and I hope that we are able to get him signed up for next season, one way or another. I just think that we miss Hendo's physicality in the midfield. There will be games where one's talents are more needed than the other's. Horses for courses.

34 minutes ago, BPM said:

Better technically but less combative, should be fine against QOS as if they sit in again Tait has the ability to pick a pass through them.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Better technically but less combative, should be fine against QOS as if they sit in again Tait has the ability to pick a pass through them.

The centre of midfield was overran consistently v Stirling. Today will be a good test for Spencer and Tait to see if they can work together as a 2 or if the balance isn’t there 

35 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

I think the championship will be a great league next year.. Arbroath coming down will leave Airdrie as the smallest team in the division so if DU go up it would leave a reasonably even field

I think you quoted the wrong post but aye. Enjoying a long lie here and half pondering next year; it will be a year where you can't take your eyes off it again I suspect. Probably 8 or 9 extremely evenly matched teams slogging it out.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What a ridiculously miserable post even by your lamentable standards.

Unbeaten and 17 points clear with a massively superior goal difference and you are slavering on about complacency and triumphalism!

We have endured truly grim times in recent years it’s entirely appropriate to enjoy this outstanding season.

Next season will obviously be a much harder proposition but we will undoubtedly strengthen over the summer to match the challenge ahead.