The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Yep, went fine. Interesting presentation from the SMISA guy - our fan ownership journey has a lot of similarities and we aren’t far away from them in that respect. Membership numbers still edging up - 885 I think I heard. Nearly at 25.2% shareholding. Lots of ideas for engaging young fans (working with JB) and fans overseas.

Nigel confirmed we were on the third biggest budget in L1 this season. And mentioned a very frank video from the Morton finance guy which is worth watching. 

So basically theyd have lost 130k if it hadn't been for drawing Celtic in the cup.

58 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

How the hell have cove still with a  number of part time players managed to outbudget us. They must be paying a fortune to certain players and on crowds of a few hundred a week must be hemorrhaging cash.

Some of their part timers are on double our full timers. 

8 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Some of their part timers are on double our full timers. 

That is what is crazy about full and part time. Often you have to pay a lot for top standard part time but we were for seasons scrapping the barrel for bottom end full timers. A lot of good players have decent jobs outside football that last a lot longer than the 30 year of a lower league player.

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

Are the stand side electronic advertising boards new or have I just been sitting with my head up my arse all season?

New 

Here we fucking go. Match point number 1. 

And for all those that are too cool to celebrate winning League 1, let's remember that this team and thus stadium have been driven on by a group of young guys who likely have never seen or will be able to remember us winning f**k all, let alone our fan owned club romping to a league title playing like Real Madrid. 

All set for tears and snotters today. Mon the Cove 😂

9 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Are the stand side electronic advertising boards new or have I just been sitting with my head up my arse all season?

Here for the cup final being played tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

To have outperformed both Cove and Hamilton by such a huge margin despite them both outspending us is yet another mark of how well Mcglynn has used his available budget, his success rate in the transfer market and the way he has been able to either move on or get more out of the players he was lumbered with has been quite remarkable. 

Not playing down what has been achieved but how do we know other teams budgets from this season? Is there a group chat or something?

Edited by Albert Beale

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What’s this?

Double barriers to keep the NB hordes in the stand. The boring b*****ds. 

Eta nothing keeping folk in the main stand tho . Discrimination IMHO

Edited by Bairnardo

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Double barriers to keep the NB hordes in the stand. The boring b*****ds. 

Eta nothing keeping folk in the main stand tho . Discrimination IMHO

Surely they’ll be getting jumped at FT if we clinch it. Average age of the ultras is about 16, they’ll make a mockery of it 

1 hour ago, Albert Beale said:

Not playing down what has been achieved but how do we know other teams budgets from this season? Is there a group chat or something?

The Accies supremo was telling everyone their budget at the first game at TFS. Can only guess the rest is boardroom/hospitality or agent talk. Makes sense to me - Cove have had a huge turnover. Odd for Hartley. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Here the anti pitch invasion measure can f**k off tae. 

Taking 5 years to win that gubbins league with the budget you have should not merit a pitch invasion.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Taking 5 years to win that gubbins league with the budget you have should not merit a pitch invasion.

Aw shut up ya fuckin w**k.