The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

I never claimed Falkirk have an obsession with Morton*. Just funny that Falkirk fans start talking about Morton, then cry "obsession!!!11!!111!" when a Morton fan turns up.

*Although given that a handful of you Grangemouth tramps turned up at a Morton friendly to sit in the away end last summer, maybe you do have one. 🤔 . (if we are using the same Seville calculator you've been using to calculate your 1k away support, it was actually 719 fans instead of a handful 👍)

Imagine being that bitter at a team not even in your divisions away support 🤣🤣🤣

A hybrid Standing section at the side would be class .  Bring back the cages

At the beginning, we didn't envisage not competing the stadium by 2025 eh!

Does it ever get discussed at board level? I presume weve just been too concerned about staying afloat last few years

Ps even if they built some offices/business units/helix stuff and fired in a few seats/standing it would at least complete it to some extent

Edited by tirso

For me a fourth stand would be far down the list of priorities, unless it could somehow be funded on a cost-neutral basis as there is no need for the extra capacity.

The fact that has not been possible in 20 years suggests it is a non-starter.

4 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

It was actually your fans talking about Morton which caused me to click on the thread. What I can draw from the last few threads is that Falkirk take 10,000 fans to away games and won the league on a tiny, shoe string budget that would put the riches of Hamilton, Cove and Queen of the South to shame. And on that note, I think I'll leave you to it.

Good day to you. Thank you x

f**k off your are not welcome 

18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

For me a fourth stand would be far down the list of priorities, unless it could somehow be funded on a cost-neutral basis as there is no need for the extra capacity.

banging-head-on-wall-gif-file-661kb-9y8whc4g0usa53ue.gif.3d51cb93dd6eb3a19ae4ce5bdea9113d.gif

7 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

But surely not from just Cove. Would be from their part time job too? They are fishing in the really low end full-time market like QoS. That's a lot of cash wasted if they have  similar budgets.

Had a friend who went to hospitality at yours and he heard boasting about how much falkirk were paying a player and I about fell off my chair. I'm assured this person was in the know too.

What was the number quoted and who was the player? 

24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We have all seen well your opinions on players, the manager and new contracts have gone. If I were you I would leave things to the grown ups. 

It’s pretty clear the club so far under fan ownership is being better run now both on and off the park than it probably has been for the best part of 20 years, bearing that in mind and while it’s obviously not a priority there could well be unexplored options regarding a 4th stand or structure over that side of the stadium that could be done either cost neutral or within a budget potentially generating the club an income 7 days a week longer term and/or allowing us not be at the mercy of council charges for use of the corporate catering areas in the main stand. Despite not being an immediate priority it definitely should be part of the clubs longer term thinking and should not be swept aside as an afterthought. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

32 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s pretty clear the club so far under fan ownership is being better run now both on and off the park than it probably has been for the best part of 20 years, bearing that in mind and while it’s obviously not a priority there could well be unexplored options regarding a 4th stand or structure over that side of the stadium that could be done either cost neutral or within a budget potentially generating the club an income 7 days a week longer term and/or allowing us not be at the mercy of council charges for use of the corporate catering areas in the main stand. Despite not being an immediate priority it definitely should be part of the clubs longer term thinking and should not be swept aside as an afterthought. 

The stand is definitely a strategic priority for the club for many of the reasons you give. It should also be one for the Council, for economic development reasons. 

It certainly isn’t an easy thing to achieve, especially when we’re on our biggest rebuild in a generation. But we got TFS just a few years after we nearly died the last time, so expect the unexpected!

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I agree with pedro :o in as much as it shouldn't be no.1 priority currently, however, it would be folly not to keep our ear to the ground in the event that something may come up that could be explored. Our immediate priority has been achieved, so we need to look further ahead now to consider ways that we could make the club stronger long term. Just building another stand, terracing or anything else should be a non-starter however unless it's also an income generating facility.

Striker wise Jay Bird has lots of attributes McGlynn likes in a striker, wouldn't cost much but looks disinterested at times. 

I'd imagine McGlynn could get more out of him. 6 goals and 2 assists for a piss poor Arbroath team. Showing what he can do at 1:35 in the below highlights.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree with pedro :o in as much as it shouldn't be no.1 priority currently, however, it would be folly not to keep our ear to the ground in the event that something may come up that could be explored. Our immediate priority has been achieved, so we need to look further ahead now to consider ways that we could make the club stronger long term. Just building another stand, terracing or anything else should be a non-starter however unless it's also an income generating facility.

Pretty certain that any new stand would be equipped with hospitality and office space to enable us to generate income 7 days a week free of Council money grabbing.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No-one said it was no1 priority but some gave the impression we should just forget it. The calculation is that we shouldn’t spend money on it that could go to higher priorities, which right now is staying in the Championship and thriving, rebuilding the Academy, and building a cash buffer. 

But we can walk and chew gum at the same time. We can explore ideas of what it could look like, how we’d fund it, who partners might be, how we’d make money from it, how we could use it grow the club, what investors or the local community might get out of it etc.

That doesn’t need to be down to the board alone to do all the thinking. It’s our club now, after all. 

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Striker wise Jay Bird has lots of attributes McGlynn likes in a striker, wouldn't cost much but looks disinterested at times. 

I'd imagine McGlynn could get more out of him. 6 goals and 2 assists for a piss poor Arbroath team. Showing what he can do at 1:35 in the below highlights.

Need better than him.

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Motherwell got a US family to invest and work with fans group. Would be a better 3rd leg of our stool. Thoughts?

Interesting to see how this develops. Have a neighbour who is a mad Well ST fan and has suggested that going forward they will need further fan and/or external investment.

6 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

I never claimed Falkirk have an obsession with Morton*. Just funny that Falkirk fans start talking about Morton, then cry "obsession!!!11!!111!" when a Morton fan turns up.

*Although given that a handful of you Grangemouth tramps turned up at a Morton friendly to sit in the away end last summer, maybe you do have one. 🤔 . (if we are using the same Seville calculator you've been using to calculate your 1k away support, it was actually 719 fans instead of a handful 👍)

Using Grangemouth in a pejorative context isn't the insult you think it is. Grangemouth is just as much a part of Falkirk as Camelon or Stenhousemuir. Fans of other clubs really need to stop using this patter as the worst reaction you'll get is an eye-roll.

Morton are shite. Says it all when your players would rather drop to league one to play for us than stay in Greenock 😷

16 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Using Grangemouth in a pejorative context isn't the insult you think it is. Grangemouth is just as much a part of Falkirk as Camelon or Stenhousemuir. Fans of other clubs really need to stop using this patter as the worst reaction you'll get is an eye-roll.

Morton are shite. Says it all when your players would rather drop to league one to play for us than stay in Greenock 😷

Grangemouth is the capital of Falkirk, the two-stadium/two-Kelpie port, and 10% of Scotland’s economy. It’s an honour that the Bairns play there now.