The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The last three home games of that season saw 3158 at a 3-0 loss to Montrose, 3113 at a 3-0 loss to Cove and 3366 at a 2-1 loss to Alloa, so your numbers are a little low. 

For league games we tend to fluctuate between three and five thousand depending on how the team are doing. I can vaguely recall conversations with George Craig in the top flight maybe 15 years ago when his aim was to get our home support at around five thousand. 

Our support has held up remarkably well considering the performance of the team in recent years. 

If we could regularly get 5000 home fans what a difference that would make to income & atmosphere plus when decent away supports come (Pars etc) then you are looking at 6,000-7,500. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

If we could regularly get 5000 home fans what a difference that would make to income & atmosphere plus when decent away supports come (Pars etc) then you are looking at 6,000-7,500. 

Who knows what the close season will bring, a few really good signings and I’m sure that we’ll see a decent uptake in STs and the PATG support next season. 

41 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I'm all for the Ultras but they really really need to drop the flares before someone is hurt with a life changing injury.

For me flares are fine, with one caveat. Hold them in your hand, above your head, and they add to the spectacle. They make for good pictures and do no damage. 

Just don't throw them. They burn very hot and can do serious damage to anyone unlucky enough to have one land on them or the pitch. 

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

For me flares are fine, with one caveat. Hold them in your hand, above your head, and they add to the spectacle. They make for good pictures and do no damage. 

Just don't throw them. They burn very hot and can do serious damage to anyone unlucky enough to have one land on them or the pitch. 

I must say I'm traumatised from seeing the images of folks fingers getting chunks blown out them though so you can feel free to hold on to it. I'll not be doing that.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I must say I'm traumatised from seeing the images of folks fingers getting chunks blown out them though so you can feel free to hold on to it. I'll not be doing that.

As I've never held a flare and likely never will I have no idea if your fingers can get chunks blown out them or not. In the interests of public safety though, I'm sure our fans would appreciate some clarification. 

Can we see these images which traumatised you so much? 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As I've never held a flare and likely never will I have no idea if your fingers can get chunks blown out them or not. In the interests of public safety though, I'm sure our fans would appreciate some clarification. 

Can we see these images which traumatised you so much? 

Tbf I think it's more the smoke bombs that are quite powdery. I don't keep them handy for curiosities sake, they're not pleasant.

Edited by LeodhasXD

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't mean this to be in any way disrespectful, but I see a lot of chat about your Ultras, how good they are, and the chat above about how they could fill the terracing of a new stand. As we speak, I would agree with that view.

Realistically, though, given they have really appeared very quickly out of nowhere, how long do you expect them to hang around in their current form when you aren't winning every week?

Get what your saying, but i know for a fact a lot of the boys who organise it have been going to games for numerous seasons, a lot of them are on the supporters bus me and my mates go on. They've been there during the good times and the bad times. Just now under one banner. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The last three home games of that season saw 3158 at a 3-0 loss to Montrose, 3113 at a 3-0 loss to Cove and 3366 at a 2-1 loss to Alloa, so your numbers are a little low. 

For league games we tend to fluctuate between three and five thousand depending on how the team are doing. I can vaguely recall conversations with George Craig in the top flight maybe 15 years ago when his aim was to get our home support at around five thousand. 

Our support has held up remarkably well considering the performance of the team in recent years. 

Great post apart from mentioning George Craig !!!

The only flares i have had in my hand were troosers in the 70's

Edited by Bigbrbairn

Vote cast for POTY - and it wasn't easy. In the end I went for the player who has been transformed this season. Lang, Spencer, McCann, Morrison and Nesbitt have always been good. Tait and MacIvor are improving but it really came down to a choice between Henderson and Donaldson. Hendo is amazing and his celebrations are awesome but Donaldson is different gravy. A fantastic central defender who can play the ball and score some absolute rockets, he's really stepped up to not only improve his own game but to Captain the side and be the influential motivator and leader. All while not missing a single minute of the season. 

Take a bow Captain Colossus.

Edited by Newbornbairn

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Vote cast for POTY - and it wasn't easy. In the end I went for the player who has been transformed this season. Lang, Spencer, McCann, Morrison and Nesbitt have always been good. Tait and McCivor are improving but it really came down to a choice between Henderson and Donaldson. Hendo is amazing and his celebrations are awesome but Donaldson is different gravy. A fantastic central defender who can play the ball and score some absolute rockets, he's really stepped up to not only improve his own game but to Captain the side and be the influential motivator and leader. All while not missing a single minute of the season. 

Take a bow Captain Collossus.

I was dreading this conversation as I just can't choose. I've managed to narrow it down to either Morrison or Donaldson, but I just can't pick one over the other. They're both just as important to the team and both have had equally fantastic seasons. This is going to give me a fcking brain aneurysm.

15 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Vote cast for POTY - and it wasn't easy. In the end I went for the player who has been transformed this season. Lang, Spencer, McCann, Morrison and Nesbitt have always been good. Tait and McCivor are improving but it really came down to a choice between Henderson and Donaldson. Hendo is amazing and his celebrations are awesome but Donaldson is different gravy. A fantastic central defender who can play the ball and score some absolute rockets, he's really stepped up to not only improve his own game but to Captain the side and be the influential motivator and leader. All while not missing a single minute of the season. 

Take a bow Captain Collossus.

I've voted for Donaldson as well, despite how good he's been this season he's still getting it tight from one particular brain donor that sits near us in the KMcA stand. Last season when his confidence was shot you could see how it was affecting him, and I'm chuffed as hell for the guy that he's had such a great season with a couple of fantastic goals as well.

I had it in my head that I was going to be voting for big Hendo, but I wound up changing my mind. It's been ridiculously hard to choose a single player this year. 

Morrison only having 3 assists for a winger in this league is pretty poor, in fact it’s awful however he’s more than stepped up with his goals. Donaldson for me wins player of the year. Lead by example all season and I don’t think he’s made many if any mistakes, certainly none that’s led to goals, whereas Lang has led to two, although in fairness has been excellent as well.

49 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Morrison only having 3 assists for a winger in this league is pretty poor, in fact it’s awful however he’s more than stepped up with his goals.

I'd argue that Morrison doesn't play like a traditional winger at all and is basically a striker that plays out wide, therefore his lack of assists isn't all that surprising.

Edited by Raybowski89