The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Both still have plenty to prove in their careers as well. The potential is clearly there, they now need to knuckle down to fulfill that potential and where better to do that than with a manager you clearly love.

I suspect McGlynn was meaning Yeats, Tait and Ross when he was talking about trying to get 2/3 of the current squad signed up again. Could have also been talking about Mackie or Shanley right enough but I reckon Mackie will move on for more gametime.

I would be looking to keep Mackie, as well as being able to step into left back or centre back I think he could do a job in midfield if required.

He looks increasingly comfortable on the ball and has provided a couple of great assists on the edge of the penalty box.

Did Shanley not sign 6 months with a year option?  I assume we would trigger that if we were interested. 

I would guess yeats, Mackie and Ross would be the three.  Then at the end of the season see what Hibs want to do. 

13 minutes ago, BPM said:

Half our squad fell into that bracket last summer so I would think cash won’t drive everything 

I think there's also a draw from some players to play for mcglynn again, no reason to assume that his magnetism fails for players when we are in the championship.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would be looking to keep Mackie, as well as being able to step into left back or centre back I think he could do a job in midfield if required.

He looks increasingly comfortable on the ball and has provided a couple of great assists on the edge of the penalty box.

I wouldn't mind him staying but I'd imagine he'll want to play games which we can't guarantee and the last two years when he has had a run in the team he's just ended up injured. 

I think the feel good factor,  and what we are building at Falkirk FC could be a big factor in getting new players to come to the club and convincing others to stay. There is a lot to be said about being happy in your work, our players certainly look happy. There is a buzz about the place the likes of which I’ve never seen before. Everyone connected to the club from players, staff, fans, board all seem to be pulling in the same direction. It’s a good time to be a Bairn.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think the feel good factor,  and what we are building at Falkirk FC could be a big factor in getting new players to come to the club and convincing others to stay. There is a lot to be said about being happy in your work, our players certainly look happy. There is a buzz about the place the likes of which I’ve never seen before. Everyone connected to the club from players, staff, fans, board all seem to be pulling in the same direction. It’s a good time to be a Bairn.

Imagine reading this 2 years ago

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

A few weeks back, sure it was as mentioned, think also interview with FH (STBC) 

Ah, just the way you worded your sentence saying that he said 'he was after a few players that are quality' that made me think he had players in mind rather than saying he had space left for more signings.

Provided he’s not on too much money and on the basis he’d probably be going into next season as third choice as I think we’ll sign another striker, I’d keep Shanley. I think he’s got something about him and that will only improve with quality coaching.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Provided he’s not on too much money and on the basis he’d probably be going into next season as third choice as I think we’ll sign another striker, I’d keep Shanley. I think he’s got something about him and that will only improve with quality coaching.

Shanley hasn’t done a lot wrong but equally hasn’t done anything to suggest he’d make much impact in the championship for me. If money were no object, I’d be looking to put him out on loan for a season to league 1.

As it is, I’m not sure there’s much benefit to anyone having him sit on our bench or in the stand. I think the money would be better going towards a new striker.

20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Shanley hasn’t done a lot wrong but equally hasn’t done anything to suggest he’d make much impact in the championship for me. If money were no object, I’d be looking to put him out on loan for a season to league 1.

As it is, I’m not sure there’s much benefit to anyone having him sit on our bench or in the stand. I think the money would be better going towards a new striker.

Not much point in taking up his year option if you are going to send him out on loan and hoping a club pays a % of was wages.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not much point in taking up his year option if you are going to send him out on loan and hoping a club pays a % of was wages.

Only for him to do well and sign for someone else.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

On a slightly different topic, Montrose result tonight gives outside chance to Kelty/Cove for last play off spot, tall order but doable, with Alloa guaranteed play off spot. 

Alloa aren't guaranteed anything at this point.