The Falkirk FC Thread

So if we have a squad of 18 with 2-3 new signings coming in, let’s say that’s tait, goalkeeper and a Cb. That would leave us with a squad of 21. Let’s also say you can get rid of Allan. That should allow for another one to be brought in? And hopefully with the good news of season tickets sale we should be able to stretch to another. What other position should we strengthen? Allan for another striker? Then either sign Ross or his replacement? 

I think the fans will be patient. I'd imagine McGlynn is treating the goal of winning the league the exact same way as when he first arrived at the club. It will be a two year project, it's very difficult to do back to back promotions, especially with the Premiership play-off format. Hopefully we can have a positive season though and keep building momentum and optimism for 2025 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

So if we have a squad of 18 with 2-3 new signings coming in, let’s say that’s tait, goalkeeper and a Cb. That would leave us with a squad of 21. Let’s also say you can get rid of Allan. That should allow for another one to be brought in? And hopefully with the good news of season tickets sale we should be able to stretch to another. What other position should we strengthen? Allan for another striker? Then either sign Ross or his replacement? 

List of priorities in order.

GK to compete with Hogarth, Stone Hi
CM to compete with Hendo, Tait pls
Winger cover for Cal & Miller, Ross pls
CB cover younger player ideally
ST someone a bit more clinical, Wales pls

Edited by FFC 1876

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I’m probably being greedy but I would personally like another cdm as cover for Hendo. We don’t have anyone else in the midfield that is as physical as Hendo.

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I’m probably being greedy but I would personally like another cdm as cover for Hendo. We don’t have anyone else in the midfield that is as physical as Hendo.

What about that Hamilton lad, he might be good cover.

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

What about that Hamilton lad, he might be good cover.

If your meaning Scott Martin he just signed a new contract at the start of last season and was out injured for a good bit of it. Don't see him going anywhere now that Accies are promoted. Might have been a different story if they had stayed in league 1.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

If your meaning Scott Martin he just signed a new contract at the start of last season and was out injured for a good bit of it. Don't see him going anywhere now that Accies are promoted. Might have been a different story if they had stayed in league 1.

He might want to play alongside his team-mates: Miller, Agyeman and Morrison.

57 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

If Adams cuts it at Right Back hopefully a Tommy Gemmell style player and from the stories there similarities build, surging runs and a good shot all great and good and frees up Yeats for a midfield enforcer role. That leaves GK CB possible A N Other with a couple of loans.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think this is a good idea. We usually go to hospitality 2/3 times a season and apart from the last game of the season, no one wanted our tickets. I’ve also got holidays booked end of Oct/Nov when our tickets will be available. I would be happy for the club to sell our seats if we’re not using them and make extra cash for the club.

As you say it might be something they have to look at.

I wondered about that too, only issue I could see is if they couldn't disable your season ticket and people messing up dates/games and ending up over capacity.  Would be good if they could as I have a friend that comes along to the odd game.  Maybe they could offer a bring a friend to a game and move stand for that game only.

Their will also be a number of seats come free.  I couldn't renew as the ticket system had an issue, so I theoretically took a second seat.  I doubt I am the only one that had issues.

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Someone was on here a few days ago before Raith signed Fordyce saying it was between us and Raith for Luke Graham🤔

53 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If Adams cuts it at Right Back hopefully a Tommy Gemmell style player and from the stories there similarities build, surging runs and a good shot all great and good and frees up Yeats for a midfield enforcer role. That leaves GK CB possible A N Other with a couple of loans.

I would love that to, only issue is does yeats lack the physicality especially at his age? He isn’t the tallest and at only 19/20 years old he won’t have fully filled out yet. Certainly looks on the skinnier side when you see him play. 

On 27/05/2024 at 19:43, Bigbrbairn said:

What is the chance of the KM7 stand being completely sold out with season tickets? It is the place to be atmosphere wise.

Thought this would happen and now offering swaps! MASSIVE

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think this is a good idea. We usually go to hospitality 2/3 times a season and apart from the last game of the season, no one wanted our tickets. I’ve also got holidays booked end of Oct/Nov when our tickets will be available. I would be happy for the club to sell our seats if we’re not using them and make extra cash for the club.

As you say it might be something they have to look at.

What you could do is get whoever is wanting to buy your ticket, donate what they would have paid towards FSS as a one of payment and pass on your card ( if you know them that is)

9 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I would love that to, only issue is does yeats lack the physicality especially at his age? He isn’t the tallest and at only 19/20 years old he won’t have fully filled out yet. Certainly looks on the skinnier side when you see him play. 

Did you see some of his tackles at right back. May be slight but has the Tom Taiwo about him.

Hearts and Sevco operate a sell your seat scheme I'm sure. I dont think it would be that difficult to implement. 50% goes to the individual and 50% to the club 

Im sure they'd have no problem shifting 100-200 for the KM7 each week given the vast majority of ST holders miss some games during the season. Would make a fair bit of extra money, effectively selling the same seat twice 

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hearts and Sevco operate a sell your seat scheme I'm sure. I dont think it would be that difficult to implement. 50% goes to the individual and 50% to the club 

Im sure they'd have no problem shifting 100-200 for the KM7 each week given the vast majority of ST holders miss some games during the season. Would make a fair bit of extra money, effectively selling the same seat twice 

That’s fine if the stadium is selling out but that’s not going to happen very often. The club would rather sell a main stand ticket for full price than get half the cost of a KM ticket. 

44 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Size in not everything as a midfield enforcer. Berty Auld was not tall or all that well built and bossed the midfield and saw off taller and heavier hard men. But Yeats does have that bite in a tackle and the sports science gurus at the club will be doing the right thing with his conditioning. Have high hopes for the guy and comes across as a good pro who will go far in the game. Look how Will Vaulks kicked on at the same age.