The Falkirk FC Thread

On 18/06/2024 at 13:56, Kircer bairn said:

Notice Hanlon to Fife not in the bag yet so would be interested if say a 2 year deal mooted with coaching responsibilities part of the gig? Surely he knows we are a better prospect than Fife?

More of this please.

37 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

So everyone ready to support England in this critical match? 

Wasn’t too unhappy with them seeing off the nasty wee Fascist Serbians but otherwise couldn’t give a toss.

4 hours ago, Roboccop said:

So everyone ready to support England in this critical match? 

The England team are at the Euro's representing the Nation of England and the English people and nobody else, and rightly so.

The management and players (who by and large are a decent lot) neither want nor desire anybody outside England to support them.

It demeans England as a nation that uniquely their media, pundits, supporters find it a necessity to prostitute their national pride by trying to induce supports from other nations. No other country in the world does this and smacks of a people with low self-esteem and feeling of self-worth.

All rather pathetic.

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The England team are at the Euro's representing the Nation of England and the English people and nobody else, and rightly so.

The management and players (who by and large are a decent lot) neither want nor desire anybody outside England to support them.

It demeans England as a nation that uniquely their media, pundits, supporters find it a necessity to prostitute their national pride by trying to induce supports from other nations. No other country in the world does this and smacks of a people with low self-esteem and feeling of self-worth.

All rather pathetic.

I doubt most people take it so seriously. 

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Anyone any idea what that tweet means?

I believe it’s related to a thread that user did on X (Twitter) the night before Trophy day, which took a trip down memory lane and went through the disaster that was the fan Q&A at Inchyra

I see Josh McPake has signed for St Johnstone, on a 2 year deal no less

Perhaps the pool of free agents available to clubs this summer is much worse than we realise. Happy we have done our business early 

26 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I believe it’s related to a thread that user did on X (Twitter) the night before Trophy day, which took a trip down memory lane and went through the disaster that was the fan Q&A at Inchyra

Well that’s pish, been refreshing Twitter all night  😂. Thanks anyway

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Perhaps the pool of free agents available to clubs this summer is much worse than we realise. Happy we have done our business early 

Think loan market will be pivotal for many clubs, championship shaping up to be a great division. 

23 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I thought he looked ok but nothing overly special against us in league one but a two year deal in the top flight is crazy stuff.

28 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That's mental! He flattered to deceive in the Championship a few years ago, a 2 year deal at a Premiership team is bonkers. Not the lads' fault he's been offered that and he's absolutely right to take it but that signing shows St Johnstone are struggling to tempt players. 

He's the kind of signing we'd have made a few years back but didn't