The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Sorry for not reading back on your recent posts but what is your genuine thoughts of your team in the championship this season, from an outsider it looks like a playoff spot is achievable as a lot of the teams this season will continually take points off each other. Without stating the obvious any team that can go on a cpl of good runs won't be far away.

Thoughts ???

Can only speak for myself but a play off spot would be an excellent finish after 5 years in League 1, we are not a team who have just bounced back 1 year after being relegated it's been a consistent rot for probably 10 years so 4th place would be a great start back in the championship. I would be pretty happy with a mid table finish as well in all honesty but I can be hopeful of a play off spot going by other league one promoted sides in recent years. However, the championship next year will be very tight I reckon and I think 3rd-7th place will be a matter of a handful of points by the end. 

51 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Sorry for not reading back on your recent posts but what is your genuine thoughts of your team in the championship this season, from an outsider it looks like a playoff spot is achievable as a lot of the teams this season will continually take points off each other. Without stating the obvious any team that can go on a cpl of good runs won't be far away.

Thoughts ???

Yeah unfortunately due to the massive difference in prize money between the top of league one and top of the championship we are starting off this season circa 500k down on the likes of Raith rovers which is a huge gap to bridge in one season. Imperative therefore that we finish as high up the table as possible to close that gap.  Important that fans stay grounded too as for me this is a season to set ourselves up for a real push next season on the promotion place.  As has been said playoffs would be a real bonus but mid table with no relegation worries would be a decent season over all.

Edited by Shodwall cat

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah unfortunately due to the massive difference in prize money between the top of league one and top of the championship we are starting off this season circa 500k down on the likes of Raith rovers which is a huge gap to bridge in one season. Imperative therefore that we finish as high up the table as possible to close that gap.  Important that fans stay grounded too as for me this is a season to set ourselves up for a real push next season on the promotion place.  As has been said playoffs would be a real bonus but mid table with no relegation worries would be a decent season over all.

The prize money disparity is a big issue but our ST sales and FSS contributions should help bridge that to some extent.

Raith and Partick have only sold 1500 STs so far while we are at nearly 4000. Assuming we end up with 2000 more sold at an average of say £150 a pop, that’s an extra £300k we will have.

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The prize money disparity is a big issue but our ST sales and FSS contributions should help bridge that to some extent.

Raith and Partick have only sold 1500 STs so far while we are at nearly 4000. Assuming we end up with 2000 more sold at an average of say £150 a pop, that’s an extra £300k we will have.

Do you know all the other clubs' season ticket sales figures?  Could you pop them on here? Thanks.

How are Deliverance Athletic doing?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I coming on to post this, Raith’s prize money advantage from last season is basically wiped out by the fact you’ll have double the season ticket money as them probably.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I coming on to post this, Raith’s prize money advantage from last season is basically wiped out by the fact you’ll have double the season ticket money as them probably.

Aye but Raith sell 300% more pies than anyone else in the Championship, so thats £750k right there.

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Our season tickets minus the manager boost are a good bit cheaper than other sides though also. I'm not sure how many took that up but I presume it wouldn't be the majority. So whilst we have sold more the extra ones won't be worth as much due to pricing.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Our season tickets are cheaper though than any of our rivals. Raith adult is 315 quid. Dunfermline main stand is a massive 360 quid with 333 for the Norrie. They also charge 160 and 120 for under 12s.Ours were 252 for the home end and 276 for the main stand. You could also pay to increased it by 60 quid going straight to the managers budget but I doubt the majority would do that. 100/60/40 quid a difference adds up over a few thousand tickets and  differences in concession and under 16 prices.Also depends on what percentage is under 12 as they are free for both clubs.  So it's not quite as big an advantage as it could be.

Edited by Shodwall cat

24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Bear in mind that there won’t be such a difference in the overall attendance numbers, and given PATG costs more it’s really just timing of cash flow (and certainty) rather than a big gap over the season.

Jamie Swinney said we'd have the 3rd or 4th highest budget in the league this year. With the strong season ticket sales that will be at least 3rd now, so we're obviously ahead of quite a few 'established' Championship clubs already in that regard. 

If we can break through the 4k mark for STs by the end of July that would be a brilliant effort 

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Jamie Swinney said we'd have the 3rd or 4th highest budget in the league this year. With the strong season ticket sales that will be at least 3rd now, so we're obviously ahead of quite a few 'established' Championship clubs already in that regard. 

If we can break through the 4k mark for STs by the end of July that would be a brilliant effort 

When Keith Gourlay and Gordon Wright were on Falkirk daft towards the end of the season, they said we would have a mid table budget.

8 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

When Keith Gourlay and Gordon Wright were on Falkirk daft towards the end of the season, they said we would have a mid table budget.

Never heard the Swinney podcast but definitely remember this, they definitely said at a rough estimate we’d be operating with a mid table type playing budget. 

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McGlynns been very very good with signings since he came in. However even watching the game yesterday, I don't see the point in having McKenna and Oliver as back up to Nesbitt in the 10 position. Just doesn't make much sense to me. 

Oliver can play anywhere in the front 6 . His versatility is important when you are running a tight squad. I doubt number ten is McKenna's one and only position either 

40 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Bear in mind that there won’t be such a difference in the overall attendance numbers, and given PATG costs more it’s really just timing of cash flow (and certainty) rather than a big gap over the season.

It is guaranteed money in the bank though whereas PATG income can’t be budgeted for to the same extent.

We also had higher attendances last season than all championship sides except Dunfermline, and I’d expect that disparity to be bigger this season given away fans.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Would you take a 12-12-12 0GD record this season? Not for me to say, but quite possibly.

The 12-12-12 has triggered a stat that I remember well. It was our ‘best’ finish in the old SPL Premier under JJ’s 94/95 season. With GD +1. Thanks again to bettermeddle.org. 

BC8482AB-949F-4998-98CB-932C368DFEEA.jpeg

51 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

He didn't say that. He said the club were budgeting for a 4th or 5th place finish. 

32 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

He didn't say that. He said the club were budgeting for a 4th or 5th place finish. 

Doesn't get said much bit what a brilliant job Jamie Swinney does. Since he has taken over the difference in communication and organisation is night and day. An unsung hero

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It is guaranteed money in the bank though whereas PATG income can’t be budgeted for to the same extent.

We also had higher attendances last season than all championship sides except Dunfermline, and I’d expect that disparity to be bigger this season given away fans.

The average price will be higher that £150 - nearer £200 ex-vat. That makes the difference bigger. However the PATG for the home end will drop.