The Falkirk FC Thread

look at what my homie just sent me, how braw does this look. remember page upon page of pointless speculation and  theatrics 5 or 6 months ago mainly from posters who are now nowhere to be seen here thankfully. all that shit stirring that ended up to be attention seeking hot air. what an achievement this is we should be proud COYB

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 19.56.53.png

11 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

look at what my homie just sent me, how braw does this look. remember page upon page of pointless speculation and  theatrics 5 or 6 months ago mainly from posters who are now nowhere to be seen here thankfully. all that shit stirring that ended up to be attention seeking hot air. what an achievement this is we should be proud COYB

You'll just have tempted them back!

33 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Great achievement. Well done Bairns

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

They’ll magically reappear as soon as something goes wrong or we lose a game! Watch this space. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

There is no clear favourite on paper this season so it’s understandable some are “going for it”. As has been said before, from our perspective, we’ve continuity of squad and should help especially in the 1st quarter when others are still getting to grips with each other. 

Just subscribed to FTV for another season. Not bothered at all about the slight increase, now 200 quid, especially as it seems they will have more cameras this year. Slightly perturbed to find out that it doesn't cover cup games though, especially as I only saw that after check out and there was nothing about that in the "letter to subscribers". Seems odd as cup games were included last year. Don't really mind paying extra but it would be nice to have it all in one package. Anyway, I'll be watching whatever!

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Did very well for Airdrie who had players around him to do that side of the game. We didn’t get the best of him sadly as they were all not giving a shit/not good enough around him. 

I dont think that fairly describes his first season tbh, where he flat tracked some utter diddies, and the most telling contribution he made in the end was one of the most stupid red cards any of us will ever see in a top of the table clash at home with Raith.

8 hours ago, One off poster said:

You've given me vibes of the game against Alloa a couple of years ago when Morrison scored a penalty to put us ahead in the 88th (or so) minute only for Alloa to go straight up the park and equalise.

Laughed my way over to the Livi thread in jubilation only to find out that they've actually made a decent signing. 

That was brutal. Sums up that few years.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Did very well for Airdrie who had players around him to do that side of the game. We didn’t get the best of him sadly as they were all not giving a shit/not good enough around him. 

I'd agree with this. He is a very good player at League One level and Championship to a lesser extent. I am certain he would look brilliant in our team just now, but that probably is his downfall. Too inconsistent with us, but again admiditly around a bunch of jobbers.

Not quite sure how he will fare with Premiership level, but do believe there is a good player there in the right circumstances, not sure Ross County is that thoug.h

7 hours ago, tokyo bairn said:

Just subscribed to FTV for another season. Not bothered at all about the slight increase, now 200 quid, especially as it seems they will have more cameras this year. Slightly perturbed to find out that it doesn't cover cup games though, especially as I only saw that after check out and there was nothing about that in the "letter to subscribers". Seems odd as cup games were included last year. Don't really mind paying extra but it would be nice to have it all in one package. Anyway, I'll be watching whatever!

My subscription isn't due to be renewed until October so I never looked too closely at it re: the cup games, disappointing. Although 200 quid isn't huge in the grand scheme of things, it was 150 quid season 22/23, 180 quid season 23/24 and now 200 quid season 24/25 so an increase of 33% over 2 years. It would have been nice if the 20 quid increase this season was optional, a bit like the manager's fund contribution on the early bird season tickets.

9 hours ago, tokyo bairn said:

Where does it say that Cup games won't be covered? Because they definitely are, why wouldn't they be?