The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, BPM said:

Hopefully today will be the end of “we need a CH” campaign and the MacIver is not good enough chat on Falkirk Daft. 
Adams was outstanding as were the whole side. It was like we had never been away. After 20 minutes we absolutely bossed the game. Win on Tuesday and we will be in a very strong position. 

Are Falkirk Daft saying MacIver isn’t good enough?

great result today but far more important was the manner of the result. The team looked cohesive and fit with the keepers short range distribution the only point of criticism but to be fair there was only 1 real slip and the lads got back to quickly snuff out Utd from it.

It's only 1 game but a fantastic overall performance

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Are Falkirk Daft saying MacIver isn’t good enough?

Listen to the one out this week, sure it was said. I agree we probably need completion for Maciver but he is certainly good enough for championship level 

Ross McIver was absolutely outstanding.  On today's evidence I would take him before for Moult. So finding anyone better in our price range isn't going to happen. 

Echo every other comment about Adams. He looks a real find. 

10 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Ross McIver was absolutely outstanding.  On today's evidence I would take him before for Moult. So finding anyone better in our price range isn't going to happen. 

Don’t think it’s a case of getting anyone ‘better’ but I would be concerned if Maciver was unavailable for any length of time. 

Before today I’d have prioritised a centre half but on today’s showing Adams is more than adequate in that position. I’d therefore be looking for an extra striker on loan.

I think after last season MacIver had his critics when he first signed with folk saying "4 goals for Alloa not good enough" he proved them wrong come the end of the season and even had a couple of digs in his interview when he was played CH at the last game,  f*ck even last game of the season when we were 2 down against Alloa nugget in the KM stand calling for McGlynn to be sacked.

I think both the above shows some of our supporters know f**k all about football.

I don't think what was meant as any criticism of MacIver by Ross and John on Falkirk daft I think that if Allan is indeed away it would be good to have a more experienced forward as the jury is still out on Shanley and I think most folk would agree on that one.

Thought every man was outstanding today Hogarth confidence grew as the game went on and echo what's been said Adams what a find. I couldnt fault any player. Tuesday will be a bigger test but thought Dundee United were poor.

1 hour ago, Blane Fonda said:

Reminds me more of Davie Weir, came to full time football via a different path and from higher education and can play across the back line. 

Darren Barr was always thought of as a decent prospect at youth level.
Adams so far is a superb surprise and much like Weir, fans are thinking where has this guy been hiding. 

Davie Weir played his first competitive game for us against Dundee Utd as well I'm sure. Up against Duncan Ferguson. 

20 minutes ago, Baggio said:

& that is the same Louis Moult that got 18 goals at this level last season, 2nd top scorer and best MPG in the league.

Really excited to see how MacIver kicks on again, he will do absoluely fine imo 

Thae highlights man :lol:

Are those just lifted straight from the live feed? I'd be raging if I'd paid for that and saw something so amateur.

sorry if this had been asked. How do I purchase tickets for the Ayr game. Ayr website says go to Falkirk website (no link). Falkirk website and ticket sales site and app only have home games

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Can you elaborate on how Falkirk were poor?

The passed the ball around ok but there is no intensity to their play, fair dues to them they won the game but Dundee United were rotten.

Just now, Buckfast said:

The passed the ball around ok but there is no intensity to their play, fair dues to them they won the game but Dundee United were rotten.

Might accept a slight lack of purpose from both sides in the first half, but absolutely not in the second. Thought we were extremely threatening for basically all of the second half. 

Will agree with you that United were rank. 

Tbh, we played them at the same stage last season. They won 1-0 in a game defined by a stupid playing out from the back error. They really don't look any better whatsoever. 

8 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

You’re at it mate. 

By no means do I think we were outstanding but to say we had no intensity when we continually hit quick on the counter is a mental shout

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Might accept a slight lack of purpose from both sides in the first half, but absolutely not in the second. Thought we were extremely threatening for basically all of the second half. 

Will agree with you that United were rank. 

Tbh, we played them at the same stage last season. They won 1-0 in a game defined by a stupid playing out from the back error. They really don't look any better whatsoever. 

In the championship the pace will be a lot quicker than today, it's early doors so players might just be getting up to speed.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You’re at it mate. 

By no means do I think we were outstanding but to say we had no intensity when we continually hit quick on the counter is a mental shout

I meant intensity as in shutting players down quicker.