The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not at all. Just re-listened and John says we need another big, strong striker as well as Ross MacIver as the other options are very different in Shanley and Oliver (assuming Allan goes). Nothing at all was said that he wasn’t good enough. 

So what does “we need a level above Ross mean?”

4 hours ago, Sarah67 said:

It doesn’t make you a clown at all. We bought Falkirk TV so the grandkids could watch the match today, but the coverage was terrible.

It was late starting, there was no build up, no sound for the majority of the first half and to top it off the picture was awful and really poor quality. It’s gone backwards ever since it moved to Pars TV/SFO tbh. 

I think lots of others seemed to have issues with it today too, so you’re not alone  

Value for money has definitely gotten much worse too, especially with times being tight for all families at the moment. 

I don’t agree. Saturday had issues but I watched a few of the highlights of other games as in the most part they are even worse than the Falkirk ones. The FFCTV highlights are way better than the PS package. I think you should be pointing the finger at PS not FFC on this occasion

One of the most pleasing, of many pleasing things yesterday is that after we went one up there was absolutely no strategy to sit in tighter on the lead. We went for the jugular and second goal. I hope we continue to do that in the league. They just folded after that, we gave them no encouragement to get back in the game. Great to see.

11 hours ago, Captain Chugwash said:

First game of the season and this stinking patter is back, deary me. The FTV boys were lumped with a host of issues because QTV (who broadcast on behalf of Premier Sports) took over their gantry and internet connection. The poor quality footage you saw was taken from QTV's cameras. The FTV team actually did an excellent job to bring you a stream at all so maybe give them a bit of credit instead of suggesting they should be shown the door, you clown.

I don’t monitor anyone’s posts on here but I get the impression that the only time that you post is to reply to a negative post about Falkirk TV. Everyone is entitled to their anonymity on here but it is fairly apparent that you have some connection to Falkirk TV. Why not try posting about some other topics now and then and then it wouldn’t be quite so obvious?

Edit: I pay Falkirk TV my subscription, not QTV, so I expect Falkirk TV to provide me with the product that I have paid for.

#COYB

Edited by Bairn in Exile

3 hours ago, BPM said:

So what does “we need a level above Ross mean?”

I thought Ross was as good as he's been since coming to us. His fitness yesterday was excellent where as last season he looked done by half time in the early games. He wad also a real threat in the air which is something we've hardly seen from a striker since Lee Miller. If McGlynns comments were to make Ross up his game then it worked yesterday. I wonder if Agyeman could possibly fit into that role, he can hold the ball up, he's strong, just don't know what he's like in the air tbh 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I don’t monitor anyone’s posts on here but I get the impression that the only time that you post is to reply to a negative post about Falkirk TV. Everyone is entitled to their anonymity on here but it is fairly apparent that you have some connection to Falkirk TV. Why not try posting about some other topics now and then and then it wouldn’t be quite so obvious?

Edit: I pay Falkirk TV my subscription, not QTV, so I expect Falkirk TV to provide me with the product that I have paid for.

#COYB

Maybe the SPFL are running the show and we had little option. In fact I know they were with this garbage streaming product. You just needed to look at the quality on other highlights to see what a shambles it was. Stranraer for example probably have the best service around but compare what PS put out. 

compare this to the PS highlights

Edited by BPM

8 hours ago, Sarah67 said:

It doesn’t make you a clown at all. We bought Falkirk TV so the grandkids could watch the match today, but the coverage was terrible.

It was late starting, there was no build up, no sound for the majority of the first half and to top it off the picture was awful and really poor quality. It’s gone backwards ever since it moved to Pars TV/SFO tbh. 

I think lots of others seemed to have issues with it today too, so you’re not alone  

Value for money has definitely gotten much worse too, especially with times being tight for all families at the moment. 

There have been gripes with FTV over the past couple seasons but as mentioned in an earlier post, none of the issues you’ve mentioned were their fault yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

#COYB

1) I’ll post what I like, thanks!

2) This may sound crazy, but sometimes, just sometimes, things actually happen outwith FTV’s control and it causes issues. Like I said before, it was because of the work of the FTV team that you were able to watch a working stream yesterday.

3) Correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, ‘opinions’ like “bring back Lewis and Stuart” and “get the Alloa boys in” are not opinions, they’re extremely unfair and horrible remarks about a team who do their best to bring you games every week, so I’ll stand up for them if I can. 

ps. I’ve also posted about Ross MacIver a few times so there goes your theory 😘

1 hour ago, ChrispPancake said:

I thought Ross was as good as he's been since coming to us. His fitness yesterday was excellent where as last season he looked done by half time in the early games. He wad also a real threat in the air which is something we've hardly seen from a striker since Lee Miller. If McGlynns comments were to make Ross up his game then it worked yesterday. I wonder if Agyeman could possibly fit into that role, he can hold the ball up, he's strong, just don't know what he's like in the air tbh 

Plus side Raith ex players done good apart from Ross miss

Minus side after that result your fans will be lucky to get 50 tickets for away end when you go to Tannadice

4 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Plus side Raith ex players done good apart from Ross miss

Minus side after that result your fans will be lucky to get 50 tickets for away end when you go to Tannadice

Eh, we only play each other once in the Premier Sports Cup. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

1) I’ll post what I like, thanks!

2) This may sound crazy, but sometimes, just sometimes, things actually happen outwith FTV’s control and it causes issues. Like I said before, it was because of the work of the FTV team that you were able to watch a working stream yesterday.

3) Correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, ‘opinions’ like “bring back Lewis and Stuart” and “get the Alloa boys in” are not opinions, they’re extremely unfair and horrible remarks about a team who do their best to bring you games every week, so I’ll stand up for them if I can. 

ps. I’ve also posted about Ross MacIver a few times so there goes your theory 😘

1) of course.

2) If Falkirk TV aren't in control of what happens at TFS then they should be and something isn't right.

3) 99.9% sure that I have never posted either of those remarks.

On the topic of FFCTV, I paid for the PS streaming and it was dreadful. So much so I’m contemplating complaining as it was nowhere near worth what I paid. 

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

1) of course.

2) If Falkirk TV aren't in control of what happens at TFS then they should be and something isn't right.

3) 99.9% sure that I have never posted either of those remarks.

2/ are you not paying attention? SPFL have done a deal with PS to steam these games and have taken over the right to run things on match days during these group games. 

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

Thae highlights man :lol:

Are those just lifted straight from the live feed? I'd be raging if I'd paid for that and saw something so amateur.

I subscribed to Premier sports through my amazon, turns out i couldnt watch the game on that so then paid a tenner for a matchday pass to stream through premier sports website with no commentary until 10mins in which then was I'm pretty sure 2 Dundee utd fans doing the job. The camera work was ridiculous and laughable as well. 

32 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Good angles of the goals, good wee video in beside the Ultras, worth a watch

Somehow a teenage lad with an iPhone has created a better looking highlights package than premier sports could manage with all the professionals and cameras they have available to them.