The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Had no idea that this was a legal requirement. So for next season does any increase on the away support, ie £2, we need to apply the same £2 to the KM?

Yes, prices for equivalent seating are required to be made equal for both home and away fans at all SPFL stadiums. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

This might have been mentioned previously but does anybody know what's happened to Alex Connon the GK coach? Noticed it was Callum Erskine doing the GK coaching last Monday then on Saturday Nicky Hogarth, Jamie Sneddon and Owen Hayward were doing the warm up themselves

44 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

This might have been mentioned previously but does anybody know what's happened to Alex Connon the GK coach? Noticed it was Callum Erskine doing the GK coaching last Monday then on Saturday Nicky Hogarth, Jamie Sneddon and Owen Hayward were doing the warm up themselves

He's still around, though he was missing on Saturday. Somebody told me why but I've genuinely forgotten the reason. I'm assuming he'll be there on Saturday and if not I know he'll definitely be there for the Stenny game.

Not sure about tonight as he's part-time. 

15 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

I might be thinking of the wrong two guys but didn't you both play for the P&B team years ago? 2007ish?

Yes that was us! I was left-back. Telfer was centre midfielder. Great bunch of folk.

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I've never been able to see the COYB page

image.thumb.png.8133312f5ea288c6c0d891187ed1a8ba.png

Don't really do Facebook so not sure if I'm doing something wrong 

I got banned from the COYB page for saying Ray McKinnon was no better than the chuckle brothers.

At the time it was ran by massive fans of "Big Sexy" and "Cracks" and any criticism of them wasn't tolerated.

25 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I got banned from the COYB page for saying Ray McKinnon was no better than the chuckle brothers.

At the time it was ran by massive fans of "Big Sexy" and "Cracks" and any criticism of them wasn't tolerated.

I’ve also tried to join a couple of times but never got approved. Must be something in a former life…..

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve also tried to join a couple of times but never got approved. Must be something in a former life…..

IIRC it started off as a place for people to post pictures leading up to the 2015 Cup Final and then changed into a generic fans' page.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Difference being the money from the pie sales does not go to the club, the catering contract is outsourced. Gate receipts obviously do go directly to the club however. 

All depends on the terms of the catering contract

Option 1: Sum for the seasons franchise and payment schedule agreed beforehand

Option 2: Lump sum at start of contract, then % of sales go to the club

With commercial confidentiality, we will never know.

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I've posted before that I've never bought something to eat at a football ground.

And don't really understand those that do.

What do you do at half time? I thought it was obligatory!

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

IIRC it started off as a place for people to post pictures leading up to the 2015 Cup Final and then changed into a generic fans' page.

That was my memory of it as well. Plus OneF had died by then and seemed like we needed some kind of replacement 

Has 5.8k members so pretty much our everyone that goes or might go to a game at the stadium 

Generally pretty harmless but you do get some absolute roasters 

Speaking of tonight's game. Had a look but not seen anything about a PPV, if anyone here knows anything about it? Unfortunately, I won't be able to go tonight. 

Think the same line-up as Saturday will do tonight. Start brightly and go at them like we did at the start of the 2nd half on Saturday and I think we'll be fine

21 minutes ago, blatso said:

Speaking of tonight's game. Had a look but not seen anything about a PPV, if anyone here knows anything about it? Unfortunately, I won't be able to go tonight. 

Think the same line-up as Saturday will do tonight. Start brightly and go at them like we did at the start of the 2nd half on Saturday and I think we'll be fine

Was told premier sports have the rights and are not allowing clubs to sell PPV from they’re own platforms. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I was banned for saying that John Lambie was shit manager soon after he died. The people running the page didn’t like me anyway and were looking for any excuse to dump me. I’ve just been invited back surprisingly. I have no idea if it’s the same people or not running it. 

3 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I was banned for saying that John Lambie was shit manager soon after he died. The people running the page didn’t like me anyway and were looking for any excuse to dump me. I’ve just been invited back surprisingly. I have no idea if it’s the same people or not running it. 

To be fair, that doesn't seem the worst reason to ban someone. Even if he was the worst manager ever, there's a time and a place to say that sort of thing. Just after they've died isn't usually one of them.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Was told premier sports have the rights and are not allowing clubs to sell PPV from they’re own platforms. 

Thanks mate. Was wondering if it was going to be something like that

3 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

they are a community club who won their league last year, like us. I'm sure supporters of the premiership clubs view us an an irrelevance, okay maybe not Dundee United lol, but they'd be wrong. I'm sure the last time we played stenny in a competitive game they beat us and beat us well. the fact they don't like us is neither here nor there to me, I get why but it is what it is.

As I said a complete irrelevance to us.