The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What's the deal with physical season cards this year. I don't have one yet. Do you.have to ask for one? 

Based on experience but if you already had a physical card from last season, it's re-activated. If not or it's lost you can ask for a replacement.

I've done it before where I needed a name change and the club shop can sort them.

Alternatively, if you have a smart phone and the app the QR for your "member card" is available from there.

Finally, you can go as basic as downloading/ printing your QR code from the "My Member Cards" section of the ticketing site: https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/

Edited by Blame Me
Extra info

Just now, Blame Me said:

Based on experience but if you already had a physical card from last season, it's re-activated.

Alternatively, if you have a smart phone and the app the QR for your "member card" is available from there.

Finally, you can go as basic as downloading/ printing your QR code from the "My Member Cards" section of the ticketing site: https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/

Yeah I'm just using the app but just thinking if I can't go but sometimes there's folk that can take the Bairn, how would she have her ST without me there 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

You don't have to check-in. When you choose "view tickets" it will show the ticket details and the QR code. Nothing further is needed.

Just do the same on matchday and present the QR code at the turnstile.

Cheers mate,  I had to adjust my font size to see my QR code...

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

It was suggested to me yesterday, by a Stenny fan, that Stenhousemuir were the better team v us. Also, having played us both, that Ayr are a much better side than Falkirk.

I wasn't at the Stenny game and am aware that the stats were heavily in our favour, but this guy was totally serious. I'm assuming that he was talking absolute shite??

Next time you see them I would drug test them.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

It was suggested to me yesterday, by a Stenny fan, that Stenhousemuir were the better team v us. Also, having played us both, that Ayr are a much better side than Falkirk.

I wasn't at the Stenny game and am aware that the stats were heavily in our favour, but this guy was totally serious. I'm assuming that he was talking absolute shite??

Are you friends with David Blunkett?

18 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

To everyone that I have offended by my suggestion of moving the Falkirk TV cameras over to the Grangemouth side of the stadium, I am truly, truly sorry.

Flagellation GIFs | Tenor

you can always email the club and make some suggestions, i'm they'd be delighted to hear from you, why wouldn't they? go on, get it done and let us know what they say.

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Does he have long hair in one of they man bun things and he’s sometimes on the telly spouting hatred of all things Falkirk. We pissed all over them and 8-0 would have flattered them.

4 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Ayr have sold 1200 season tickets. We have sold close to 3900. Makes you wonder how much money other teams rich owners are putting in. 

Or how much lower their fixed cost base is? 

5 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Ayr have sold 1200 season tickets. We have sold close to 3900. Makes you wonder how much money other teams rich owners are putting in. 

It won’t purely be down to they’re owners pumping money in (although they certainly appear to be doing that in the short term) but added to that Ayr and a number of other clubs we are up against in this division have started the season with between 200 and 350k more than us prize money wise having been in the championship last season, Ayr I’m sure also had a draw against one of the arse cheeks in the cup last season (another 200k or more) and they had the 500k Covid gift along with the rest of the championship teams that we missed out on in 2021/20222 season. Being in league one for the last 5 years has really milked Falkirk and it’ll probably take us a couple of top half or better finishes in the championship to get comfortable again financially I’d guess. Although happily this season it does appear we have managed a break even budget we are still very much hand to mouth, a finish below mid table or some other unforeseen financial issue could easily change that, we are are on the right track with both the club as a business and playing squad growing organically but we need to keep pushing it as a club and continue doing what we are doing at the moment to drive growth and get back to where we want to be. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

34 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It won’t purely be down to they’re owners pumping money in (although they certainly appear to be doing that in the short term) but added to that Ayr and a number of other clubs we are up against in this division have started the season with between 200 and 350k more than us prize money wise having been in the championship last season, Ayr I’m sure also had a draw against one of the arse cheeks in the cup last season (another 200k or more) and they had the 500k Covid gift along with the rest of the championship teams that we missed out on in 2021/20222 season. Being in league one for the last 5 years has really milked Falkirk and it’ll probably take us a couple of top half or better finishes in the championship to get comfortable again financially I’d guess. Although happily this season it does appear we have managed a break even budget we are still very much hand to mouth, a finish below mid table or some other unforeseen financial issue could easily change that, we are are on the right track with both the club as a business and playing squad growing organically but we need to keep pushing it as a club and continue doing what we are doing at the moment to drive growth and get back to where we want to be. 

Too many variables and different set ups at every club to say finance is driven by rich owners or the largest fanbase. 

22 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Why on earth would the council pay for maintenance on a stand owned by Sandy Alexander? Or upgrades on a stand fully owned by the club? The council maintain the parts of the main stand they own and the club do likewise with they’re sections of the stand or stands which are owned by the club, not sure how on earth else it’s supposed to work to be honest. 

Do the council maintain parts of the main stand? Never seen it or any reference that they were doing it. Knowing the council they would not be shy about telling people. But anyway! was an observation - no more of what is coming year on year as the FFC post makes clear the stadium is getting older. The generation of fans and custodians of the club in 20 - 30 years time are going to be faced with building new stands using council land. That will be in the future long term strategic thinking for the board. This season rightly is the priority.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah I'm just using the app but just thinking if I can't go but sometimes there's folk that can take the Bairn, how would she have her ST without me there 

Give them your phone?..

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Do the council maintain parts of the main stand? Never seen it or any reference that they were doing it. Knowing the council they would not be shy about telling people. But anyway! was an observation - no more of what is coming year on year as the FFC post makes clear the stadium is getting older. The generation of fans and custodians of the club in 20 - 30 years time are going to be faced with building new stands using council land. That will be in the future long term strategic thinking for the board. This season rightly is the priority.

Yes! The council do indeed maintain the parts of the main stand they own and have done so since ownership of the stadium company was divided up between the club and the council some time ago!