The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It’s been 7 or 8 years since ICT were in the top flight.

Had business friends in Inverness who supported Caly and Thistle as Highland League teams and was assured both supports were against it. Both came to the same conclusion - was an ego trip between no more than 20 people between the 2 clubs. Both predicted it would end in tears. Any ICT fans out there care to comment?

Reading between the lines of McGlynn's FH interview, theres a 'maybe' chance of extending further contracts if we are able to beat Hearts and progress in the Cup. I'm thinking namely Miller and Agyeman who are both sitting on one years I think. Tying these two down would sew it all up.

Edited by GunnerBairn

4 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Reading between the lines of McGlynn's FH interview, theres a 'maybe' chance of extending further contracts if we are able to beat Hearts and progress in the Cup. I'm thinking namely Miller and Agyeman who are both sitting on one years I think. Tying these two down would sew it all up.

If it is all square at 90 mins is it straight to pens or extra time? Unlikely i think

5 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Yes, Miller in particular for me. He compliments Callum’s so well on the other side. Would be a big loss if he was snapped up by another club

Think its straight to pens if its a draw.

If Morrison's suspended then a chance for Alfie or Ross to shine with a rare start, against good opposition. I'd say Miller's a stick on starter.

Edited by GunnerBairn

54 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Actually makes a change to have e sellable assets on the playing side, as previous years you wouldn't touch anyone outside Morrison and McCann with a bargepole, Nesbitt has came into his own since McGlynns arrival.

Wouldn't complain at anyone of Alfie, Ross, Miller and more recently Mackie on current form extending

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

This too. Whilst every town, city and village in Scotland will have an OF contingent, it’s incredibly disheartening to see the three buses that leave from the Redstone in Ayr heading for Ibrox. You can also spot the OF fans when they decide to come to Somerset. They haven’t a clue who half our players are and last season quite a lot of the “loyalist” fans took pleasure in constantly slating Aiden McGeady whenever he was on the pitch. 

Kilmarnock have done a good job in breaking through the OF support in the town but they’ve had a lot more consistent success by way of two cup wins in the last 30 years and a few finishes in the top six. We’re never going to equal that whilst we’re in the Championship. 

Don't write it off. In 30 years of supporting Falkirk iv never seen anything like the impact the ultras have made in the last 2 seasons. Its honestly night and day. I assume you've been to our patch before and maybe Brockville. You'll be amazed at the change in the place and that happened in League 1. Never thought I'd see the day where matchdays at TFS are genuinely good. Of course winning helps but I think a corner has been turned for us on that score. 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ross starting ahead of Agyeman I think just confirms that John isn't entirely confident in Alfies tracking back etc. 

I don't like that. I think Alfie deserves the shot. Bit disappointed tbh. 

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And Sneddon? Thought he might have got the nod over Hogarth with it being a cup game.

Think it was reported a couple of weeks back that Sneddon was injured?